[GOODS] AKB48 2014 Official Calendars (13/12/06)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    AKB48 2014 Official Calenders
    Here we go again. Looks like 2014's calendars will be following the same format as 2013 with wall calendars restricted to more popular members while everyone will get a desktop calendar.

Release Date: December 6, 2013

MSRP: Wall calendars (2415 yen, tax included), desktop calendars (1260 yen, tax included)

Wall Calendars (13):
    Desktop Calendars (77):
    Where to Buy:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKB48 Group Official Calendar 2014
    This Flower is Me ~AKB48 Blooming Abundantly~
    [​IMG]
    Release Date: December 20, 2013

MSRP: 2500 yen (tax included)

Senbatsu Members (22):
    Contents:
    - This Flower is Me ~AKB48 Blooming Abundantly~ Calendar, A3 sized (42 x 29.7 cm or 16.5 x 11.7 in), 7 pages
    - AKB Hyakka Ryouran Picture Scroll (all 22 members in swimsuits, longest ever in AKB history at 180 cm or 70.87 in)
    - 1 random photo out of a possible 22 which talks when you hold up a smartphone to it
    - A4 size fine quality clear file
    - Application for lottery to win a signed cheki

Where to Buy:

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    No Tomochin, Mariko, Saeyaka, Chiyuu, or Mocchi wall calendars... this year's selection is depressing tbh. :yikes: Maybe I'll pick up the Lemon desktop one.

Hopefully we get graduation calendars for TomoTomo, Maririn, and Sayaka like we did for Acchan last year.

3. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    It doesn't seem like much, are there only 13 members who got wall calendars? They couldn't find a few more to even make it to 16 or something? Damn...

4. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Now that I think about it, yeah they usually go by the Top 16 in AKB. Why did they stop at #13? :wtf:

*goes to check election results*

Oh wait, Amina is #14... it all makes sense now. :hmm:

5. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Hmm. I'm quite curious about how a single month page looks like on one of the wall calendars. [think] I've looked around the thread of last year and on the internet in general but I couldn't find a shot of it. I'd like to see if it actually has cells in a table for the dates so you can write your assignments in them or if it's a huge picture with a small strip of dates at the bottom.

The desktop ones looked good in any case, maybe I can pick up a Haruppi one now since she has a concurrency and all that.

6. rick48

rick48 Kenkyuusei

Annin wall calender and Mariya desk calender. I can't complain :inlove: .

7. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Based on last year's, they definitely do not. They're really more posters than calendars with only a very small section for the actual dates. If you're not up close, you probably can't read it. In general, these "calendars" are more used to decorate your wall with your oshi than serve as actual calendars. I've never actually my calendars as actual calendars, and I bought 2 wall ones, the calender box and 3 desktop ones last year :D

Desktop ones are actually pretty...meh, if they're going to be like last years. 6 pages, including a cover card, 4 cards for the calendars (3 months on each) and then an ending card. I really regretted spending 12 bucks on that useless, tiny thing with pictures that even looked mostly the same (all one outfit, just some variation in poses). If I wasn't a collector... :fp:

Er...that's not meant to discourage you in any way, by the way. I'm just passing on information for anyone that hasn't purchased AKB48 calendars before. It's up to everyone to decide what to do with this info. If Haruppi is one of your favorites, by all means, go for it. My general advice is just that if anyone is interested in these and only want to pick up one, the wall calendars are much better bang for your buck than the tiny, tiny desktop ones because they serve as huge posters with a variety of outfits and environments.

8. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Since when idol merchandise needs to practical?
    Fans will buy specific girl stuff because they want show support to their oshi. [hehe]

9. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I wonder what's the gimmick for the Calendar Box, last year has 'Kami Pantsu' and it cause quite a stir. [hehe]

Of the three calendars last year, I never get to hang any. There wasn't any good place to hang the B2 sized and the desktop was quite small. I was thinking of using the group calendar but seeing it wants you to put sticker like those in dolls, it just kill my enthusiasm to do so. :fp:

I think I'll just get the Amina desktop calendar this year as a token of my devotion.

10. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't think I'll get one, last time I got a calendar (idolm@ster) it got stuck in January-February because that was the page I liked the most (and got it signed by the original character designer). Also, I never look at calendars outside of my pc.

11. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    My thoughts exactly. I always would just get a sayaka large calendar. This year...hmm I'll get a desktop but they weren't that fantastic last time, just a couple cards and not that exciting [wonder] .

12. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Describes me perfectly. I don't think I actually hung 5 of the 6 calendars that I bought :D

Anyways, CDJapan says that they've listed 16 new calendars today (same link as the one in the OP). Unfortunately, I don't remember what was listed before and what wasn't, so I don't know what's the new calendars. :^^;:

13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  14. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Hmm... I hope those aren't going to be the picture's :fp:
    Hope there'll be like some promotion for it or something soon

15. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    well those are just their official profile pics :^^;: , I'm sure they've got something else

16. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    They also announced a group calendar yesterday. According to CDJapan it's A3 sized (42 x 29.7 cm or 16.5 x 11.7 in), 7 pages, and it also comes with a 18 cm picture scroll, a A4 sized clear folder and one photo.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2014CL-725

More things to buy! I'm assuming they're still going to be doing their calendar box too, so that's like...5 calendars I'm going to commit to buying, yay.

17. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The photo sounds more interesting, it's stated that with a smart phone, you get members' voices!

Bet they ate gonna be more costly then previous AKB48 photos

18. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, the official website for the AKB48 Official Group Calendar 2014 is up here: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/pr/akb48cal2014/. The official title is Kono Hana wa Watashi desu ~AKB48 Hyakka Ryouran~ which translates to something like This Flower is Me ~AKB48 Blooming Abundantly~.

Ok, it's not actually as simple as that, because "Hyakka Ryouran" is a sort of metaphorical phrase in Japanese. Looking it up in the dictionary, it means
    1. many flowers blooming in profusion
    2. a gathering of many beautiful women (talented people)
    3. simultaneous emergence of many talents and achievements.

So given the first part of the name, This Flower is Me, you can tell that this calendar has a flower motif, comparing the members both to flowers which are blooming, as well as of course the gathering of many talented women. It's a combination of all those definitions in one phrase, which is not really directly translatable, so I'm just going to go with Blooming Abundantly because it should give off the same image.

Contents:
    - AKB48 Official Calender 2014, A3 sized, 7 pages (1 cover, 6 pages with 2 months each)
    - AKB Hyakka Ryouran Picture Scroll (all 22 members in swimsuits, longest ever in AKB history at 180 cm or 70.87 in)
    - 1 random photo out of a possible 22 which talks when you hold up a smartphone to it :blink:
    - A4 size fine quality clear file
    - Application for lottery to win a signed cheki

Senbatsu (22): Sashihara Rino, Oshima Yuko, Watanabe Mayu, Kashiwagi Yuki, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takahashi Minami, Kojima Haruna, Shimazaki Haruka, Yokoyama Yui, Yamamoto Sayaka, Watanabe Miyuki, Kawaei Rina, Miyawaki Sakura, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio, Iwata Karen, Kojima Mako, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki, Kitagawa Ryoha

First round of pre-orders cuts off on November 8th, whatever that means.

Here's an advertisement for it that's strangely not on the official website.

[​IMG]

Will add all this to the OP, and then I'll comment later, but senbatsu choice is interesting towards the end for me :hehe:

19. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Karen's in it?!! The others are a given (save for the three musketeers +Ryoha), but Karen was really unexpected. What a nice surprise! [party] :inlove: It's nice to see Tentoumu Chu! included as well, though where the heck is Nagisa-chan? :blink: Is she not as popular as Uha and the AKB trio?

How does the talking photo works, though..

I'd probably end up purchasing this, though I'll have to give away the scroll to one of of my fanboy friends :^^;: (mother dearest would flip out seeing half-naked girls on my room's wall)

20. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ NO, send it to me. :awesome:

but anyway, yeah, surprisingly they put Karen there. Like... seriously, didn't see that coming.