1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Akimoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by freezingkiss, Jun 5, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Another interview (in two parts):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    • Like Like x 2
  3. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Sayaka appeared at a rather unusual media event today for her latest movie 'Beautiful Dreamer' - it took place at Akagi Shrine in Tokyo where she was dressed as a shrine maiden:

• Like Like x 6
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It's long past the original date, but I can't find a mention of it from 2017. She was one of the main supporting characters in Winter, Grasping Love on TV Asahi. It is now on viki with subs (2020).

https://www.viki.com/tv/36850c

• Like Like x 2
  5. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

It's amazing. A month ago I had never heard of ''viki'' and had no idea what it even was. Now, I seem to be watching it all the time. Tarareba Girls was just great. I can't thank you enough for the heads-up for this one. It should be fun to watch Akimoto in something where she's not playing some sort of super hero. Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  6. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't recognize her at first (she isn't listed in the cast at viki). After a few episodes, I told myself that she looked familiar: she must have been in some other drama I watched. After a few more, I thought, she looks a lot like Sayaka, so I found another website that listed the whole cast, and voila!

While richard knows, some of you might not. So far I have found subbed dramas on viki featuring Oshima Yuko, Kawaei Rina, Iriyama Anna, Iriyama Anna and Shinoda Mariko, Kashiwagi Yuki, and Akimoto Sayaka. You will find links for the first four in Yuko's thread and Yukirin's in her own thread. [and this isn't the first time that I didn't recognize someone instantly.]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another drama with subs (this time I looked at the cast first). From Feb 12, 2016.

"Actress Sayaka Akimoto (26) is the main character from the second episode (broadcast on the 12th) of the TV Asahi drama "Sumika Sumire-a 45-year-old rejuvenated woman" (every Friday at 11:15 * excluding some areas). Appeared in the role of Chiaki Yoshinogo, a friend of a university student.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2066695/full/
    https://mydramalist.com/16056-sumika-sumire/cast
    https://asianwiki.com/Sumika_Sumire

Viki version:
    https://www.viki.com/tv/36326c

• Like Like x 2
  8. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Goodness, Akimoto plays a character with no redeeming value whatsoever in 'Winter, Grasping Love'. None. She's pure evil. (At least through the first two episodes anyway).I can't recall ever seeing a show where one of our favorites played such a nasty villain.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Sayaka will appear in the first episode of a new weekly NTV drama series “Edo moazeru ~-rei wa de koi, itashi n su.~” on 1/7:
    https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20210106-1622969/

She'll play the part of Momoyama Tomoko who works for a web advertising company.

sa1.jpg sa2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
  11. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story in the press

"Former AKB48 Sayaka Akimoto (32), who starred in Japan's first multi-view online drama "Super Flat Life" that proposes new common sense for marriage, gave a talk session after performing at LINE LIVE VIEWING on the 4th.

This play was performed for two days on the 3rd and 4th. With the theme of "a new view of marriage," he drew a drama asking the essence of marriage. The same scene was projected from multiple perspectives with the new expression of multi-view online theater. We also challenged new production methods for online theater, such as directing with a multi-view camera that allows you to enjoy more realistic facial expressions and acting of the actor, and immersive production in which the lines of the actor change according to the comments of the viewer.

Akimoto said, "This was my first attempt at online theater," and smiled, "I've been playing for two hours in a row, and I feel a sense of accomplishment.

"The feeling was completely different between audience theater and online theater," she said. "It was a state-of-the-art stage that made full use of various devices. I wonder if this kind of thing will increase steadily in the future."

After the performance, she recalled, "I had a lot of things to notice and discover. Sayaka Akimoto has grown a lot as an individual."

Through this work, she said, "I would be happy if it would give me an opportunity to think about my outlook on marriage."

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/202104040001330.html

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She wants to be known as an actor rather than an actress (this is now common in the US).

“女優”→“俳優”

Former AKB48's Sayaka Akimoto (32) has updated her Twitter account, revealing that she has asked the office to call her "actor" instead of "actress."

https://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/231580

14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

ironically though most information sites like Wikipedia and Imdb still labels female actors as actress.

15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I mean, 女優 is literally ‘woman actor’, like why is that information necessary :^^;: I can get where she's coming from, and of course leave it to someone like Sayaka to have the guts to pick up this particular fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I'm old-fashioned, for me a woman who works in the theatre as well as in the cinema is an actress.

Regardless of whether she plays a man or not.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's not about that, it's just that it seems pointless to call someone a 'woman actor' in a language that barely has any gendered nouns. I assume you're a Spanish/Catalonian speaker and I know at least in Spanish, everything is gendered. It's the same for my mother language, German; but English only uses gendered terms for a few things, such as actress, waitress, stewardess.

Gendering has been such a major topic in German speaking countries in the last few years, which is why I personally think having 1 version for everything would make things a lot easier. Actor = Schauspieler, Actress = Schauspielerin. So, let's just assume I addressed an actor and didn't know their gender, I would have to start the letter with "Geehrte/r Schauspieler*in". You can see how that doesn't look very nice or convenient. The reason for the * is to include any person who doesn't identify as either male or female, and it's a hassle. One version would solve everything.

My Japanese isn't good enough to know whether there are many other words like 女優 vs 俳優, but I do know it's a rare case in English. I can see why people would want to keep 1 version only, and apply that to both sexes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ealazul

ealazul Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Sayaka's part of the main cast of Aikatsu Planet!, a live-action/anime hybrid series. Her role is Watanaki Izumi, a manager at Starlet Promotion. She also has an anime counterpart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ Maybe you might want to reupoad it to imgur, postimg or something? The site you linked doesn't permit hotlinking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Mentioned in August, with video and press conference. Start here:

• Like Like x 2