Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by issa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Beautifully shot video. Settings are Venice Beach, California and Lancaster, California.

According to what I looked up, the set they shot the desert scenes is the same one used for "Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects" And of course you can see Santa Monica, California's Pacific Park in the background of some of the beach scenes, not to mention the Venice Beach Boardwalk.

I also think it is a very pretty song and video. (goes to look up the promo dates, hopes he didn't miss them)

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

wow That's a beautiful Mv. Love it! it's so enjoyable to watch, the sceneries and the colors are all relaxing to see. Tomochin looks so good, I love her hair like this! and her outfits are also pretty! and I love seeing her smile, so simple and pretty <3 the song is very nice as well, I like it ;w; Great job Tomochin!!!

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I agree with you. A soothing song and a lovely PV.

4. Bruno

Bruno Kenkyuusei

Her voice in "Doushite" it's pretty good. And she missing the lyrics in "iine" hahaha <3

5. Bruno

Bruno Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

I was looking for old live performances of her and found this Fui ni one. Her voice sounds pretty the same as the studio version of Fui ni, love that.

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Itano Tomomi 10th Single "Just as I Am" and "Wanderer" Photobook Pre-order Event at Lalaport Toyosu (2018/02/10)

Ya know it's funny, I was never a fan of Tomochin when she was in AKB. It was after she graduated that I really started to like her music...

Shortly after posting my comment a few posts above this one, I went to Tomo's official site to check on the promotion dates for the new single. To my surprise, the CD release is in direct competition with Wasamin's new single, releasing on the 27th of this month. There are five promotional events scheduled in the next three weeks, three of which are in Tokyo. However, the first event was the only one that didn't conflict with other commitments I have. So, it was now or never. I would have rather waited for the release week, but oh well.

tomo1.jpg

She had two performances scheduled at 1pm and 4pm, but I really only needed to see one of them. So I headed out to Toyosu in the early afternoon. Lalaport brings back a lot of memories for me. When I first started visiting Japan, a girl I dated lived near that mall, and I would go there to see her. Also, this is where I had my infamous run-in with Momoiro Clover Z as they were waiting for their manager to pick them up. To make a long story short, I would always meet my friend in the same spot, and one day when I arrived there were a bunch of girls standing there. I thought "Who the hell are these damn girls standing in my spot???" A moment later, Momoka and Shiori both turned around and looked at me. "Oh Shit!" All the members were there, except for Reni. I hurriedly walked to another spot. Anyway...

tomo2.jpg

After grabbing some lunch, I went to the usual spot where they do events. It was outside. Luckily it wasn't that cold today. The deal was you got a "high touch" ticket for a CD, or a handshake ticket for a CD/Photobook combo. Somewhere I read you can get a 2-shot if you purchase 5 photobooks, but there was no way in hell I was doing that. I just wanted a CD. The high touch was fine. I went to grab a spot around 35 minutes before the event, and there weren't that many people there. However, it really filled up in the last 5-10 minutes. The setlist was as follows...

1. Ii, Ne
    2. Fui ni
    MC
    3. Just as I Am

I said it wasn't that cold, but it wasn't warm either. Tomo came out wearing some long coat/robe thing (I'm not sure how to describe it), and after greeting the crowd and thanking us for braving the weather, went into her first song. She was a little shaky at the start, but her regular fans knew all the chants and hand motions, so eventually Tomo got into it. Her best performance was on the new single. I think the song really fits her. Also, there was an ice skating rink just above the stage, and you could see a lot of the kids and parents who were skating getting into the performance too.

I'm not sure who the guy was who did the MC. I am guessing it was someone from King Records. They talked a lot about her time in California filming the video and doing the photobook shoot simultaneously. In fact, at one point she sort of admitted that the PV is like a video version of the PB, but then she said "Buy both!!!" I believe she also mentioned something about doing concerts in the Spring. Ultimately, the mini-live was around 30 minutes, and then they set up for the meet and greet.

tomo3.jpg

I was actually fifth in line for the handshake event. The way they did it was kind of odd. They didn't have separate lines for the high touch and handshake people, they would just call out what you had as you came up to her. So I basically raised my hand and gave her a high-five as she smiled and thanked me for coming. I quickly blurted out at it is a good PV. Ultimately I think I probably could have stayed a couple of seconds longer, but since I was very early in the line I didn't have a good feel of how much time they were allowing. But that's okay. I got to say hello, and she was very nice. So all good.

And that was it. As I mentioned, I am probably not going to any of the other events. But I will continue to keep tabs on her activity. And thanks to you guys here in this thread, as I may not have caught her new release if I hadn't randomly clicked into this thread to see what was going on. :D

7. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Thanks for very detailed report.

And indeed she announced spring live house tour: http://tomomiitano.jp/wf/news/17146795
    • April 21 - Sendai
    • April 28 - Nagoya
    • April 30 - Osaka
    • May 6 - Fukuoka
    • May 12 - Tokyo

8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ^Thanks both for the information which is good news for me as I'll be in Tokyo on the weekend of 5/12-13. I do already have an EMTG account although I've not yet used it to buy tickets. Hopefully the Fan Club members won't snap up everything in their presales and I can enter the general sale!

9. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Well Tokyo venue can fit up to 1300 fans and it's one of many places in Japan she's performing this time.

I have seen all her main live tours so far so I most likely will end up visiting Tokyo again in May.
    I'm FC member but I only have 'peasant' bronze level so I can't participate in first round ticket lottery.
    I also need to figure out how this electronic ticketing at EMTG works. Quick search suggested that they even accept paypal payments and app is available on google international store. Looks promising...

10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ^When I registered for EMTG there was a drop-down menu in the phone prefix field which allowed me to select a UK (+44) number so it certainly looks promising that electronic ticketing would work for me. Now, should I pay 5000 JPY to join the FC (bronze) or do I take a chance on the general sale (which would of course be 800 JPY dearer per ticket)? I'll think about it this week...

11. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Well unfortunately this page clearly states that electronic ticket is limited to smartphones with Japanese numbers starting with 090, 080, 070.
    Paperback ticket will be delivered to EMTG address. I'm pretty sure they will not deliver it to overseas address. It's also risky time wise because tickets are usually delivered only 2 weeks before concert date. Maybe I could use my usual proxy shipping service address in Japan.

btw. It looks like initial general sale lottery will be done via Yahoo Tickets and it is as complicated with payment and delivery restrictions for us foreigners.

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ^Thanks for the info. Paper tickets sent to an address seem so old-fashioned these days! I'll hold fire until the general sale starts and perhaps before then I can talk to my usual proxy service for suggestions.

13. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  15. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    PB arrived!
    While there are many outdoor night/dawn scenes I'd say half of it are bedroom shots. Not that I'm complaining.
    I really liked nights shots in that that red dress. Very artsy. Also I wonder if Calvin Klein got product placement deal.
    Although credits state that costumes are from: H&M, SLY and YELLO.
    All in all another good PB in my collection.

I took few "quick'n artsy®" scans. Enjoy.
    final8.jpg final7.jpg final6.jpg final5.jpg final4.jpg final3.jpg final2.jpg final1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Press Conference:

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Tomochin photobook (Wanderer) sold 4,363 copies and ranked 6th on Oricon weekly chart (total : 4,516)

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Any info on how the single is doing?
    Or has it been out of Top 3 the whole week so we'll have to wait until the weekly sales?

EDIT: It's 25th today (yesterday?), so... don't expect much. :(