Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    優子ちゃん、お誕生日おめでとう!!!:ome:

2. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    <3<3<3<3<3<3:ome:Happy Birthday Yuko :ome:<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sorry for being TWO DAYS LATE, but happy 29th birthday Yuko!!! :ome:

(Although, I have to wonder...why didn't many users here on Stage48 paid attention to this? :fp:)

4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I have to be honest, I've never really cared about the girls' birthdates. Maybe turning 20 or 21 might be somewhat interesting , but 29 seems kind of a pedestrian landmark, dontcha think?

5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, next year, Yuko's going to turn 30 after all...

6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Being a 30something is the new 20something.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Oh I missed Yuuko's birthday. Can't believe she is 29 already though, wow!! Still think she's immensly beautiful :cute:

8. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What I got from the automatic translate function in Google Chrome. Sorry for mistakes.

"Yuko Oshima, who is an actress, is appearing in the Drama 'C'ôte d'Azur No.1' (WOWOW version 5 episodes, Hulu 4 episodes). In the same work, she challenges nine different roles. Modelpress has recently interviewed Oshima.

The show is the reunion by two people through a friend's funeral, a detective, a teacher and a student from a ballroom dance, a guitar player and a regular customer going to a snack bar [tn: I don't know if this was translated right. I haven't seen the drama yet] all played by Oshima and Kobayashi Satomi in 9 episodes with each 30 minutes length. It plays scenes that some people might feel familiar with in their everyday life. The WOWOW version will start the first out of 5 episodes on the 20th (1st episode is free broadcast) and Hulu will release all four episodes on the 28th."

Q: You have challenged various roles with this one drama, but which roles were particularly difficult among the nine stories?
    Y: The episode "Sentimental Journey" in which the role is an actress so I performed her actions. One episodes contains 14 pages of script, so if I messed up a shot halfway, it took really long to film. I talked to Kobayashi-san about how I'm supposed to remember all of it... I said, "I cannot remember all of it." I struggled hard (laughs)

Q: How did you finally remember?
    Y: I just kept on reading it again and again. Eventually I managed to finish shooting.

Q: In "Sentimal Journey," Emoto-san was giving the young actor advice, but who do you consult as an actress in private?
    Y: There is only one person. It is only Akimoto Sayaka. I think that's the only person where we consult each other.

Q: On the other hand, which kouhai will come to you for advice?
    Y: There are a few (laughs)

Q: What kind of advice do you give them?
    Y: Depending on the role, I try to give instructions precisely for the time being. Everyone is probably suffering from it.

Q: Oshima-san's advice is getting better! Have you faced any other special challenges among the eight other roles?
    Y: For "Shiratori Dance Academy," I had to learn ballroom dancing! If you dance with a partner, the men have to lead so it seemed harder for me to memorize the steps. After all, Mitsuishi Ken (her dancing partner at the time) is cool because his style is good and his costume is awesome (laughs).
    I had done dancing before, but the movement for ballroom dancing feels different. Is the motion of upper and lower body opposite? But ballroom dancing looks very beautiful, so I wanted to take a picture of it.

Q: What makes life worth living for you?
    Y: It's going to sound so ordinary, but if I can eat delicious food, have a nice bath and sleep in a comfortable bed, I am happy. I think I'm happy to live a normal life.

Q: Is it the feeling of having time to spare?
    Y: Well, I'm quiet. I usually lie in bed and eat some rice... I am happy I can live ordinarily!

Q: Finally, what is the secret to make your dreams come true?
    Y: Is it supposed to work out? I always think things will go in a good direction. If I think things will turn out badly, I will also perform badly. So thinking that I can somehow make it work seems to actually make it work! Although it can be difficult sometimes, thinking positively has a good effect on the outcome.

Q: That is a nice response. Thank you for your time!

10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Thanks! Nice to see that Yuuko's starring in another show. The pictures in the Model Press interview are great, as well. I guess she's back in Japan after being in New York for a while?

11. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Thanks! :)

12. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

I don't think she's back from New York yet since in the previous threads, the filming of the drama was completed prior to her leaving Japan. Since she's going to be staying in New York for a year, we won't hear from her as much as before :(

13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Anyone know if she's releasing a calendar for 2018?

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There is nothing on her official website, which is where I would expect to see an announcement.

http://www.o-yuko.jp/

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She has not disappeared from the earth. She has a new travel special on Fuji TV coming on March 4, traveling to Nepal.

RlqSUEpE.jpeg

"The 28th series of nature, people living in the land, animated themes. Oshima followed the Icelandic edition of last year, Mexico last year, for the third consecutive year. About two weeks in early August last year I visited Nepal which is known for such as the Himalayas."

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/20180112/geo18011205030011-n1.html
    https://twitter.com/sut_bansen/status/951566878777909248

16. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I loved her travel episodes so I think this will be great!

17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:I'm waiting so hard for this
    First Iceland, then Mexico, now Nepal
    She's definitely world-class now [hehe]
    I would give my everything to just see a piece of her (I almost died when Sayaka went to see her or in her new year insta stories) so this show is a miracle!!

18. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Ohh please travel to barcelona also. Lol

19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A new commercial

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member