[GRADUATION] Maeda Atsuko / Team A

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 26, 2012.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I think there are reasons to redact the faces out -- either on request from former members who want to disassociate themselves completely from AKB (i.e. Erepyon -- she does not mention anything about AKB in her blog or printed media such as photobooks and magazine spreads), and/or to prevent legal issues from the new talent management of former members (they're pretty defensive, right?).

Because she left a huge legacy and a positive impact on the franchise, to redact Acchan out from archival footage (and other materials) would only invite wota-rage.

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I'm pretty sure they would need permission from the original members and they probably are too lazy to get it or don't want to jump through the hurdles to get it.

3. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It's mostly that, Japan's image laws are horribly backward, and the red tape and time needed just makes it not worth it in most cases.

4. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

yeah, if you seen enough variety show, you'll realize that is just the way they do things over there. You could have former guest of the show who ends up as sktech of of his/her likeness when their pictures shows up in future episode. Besides, a lot of graduates are now normal people living their own live and would rather not have their face on TV.

Though with Maimai and Erepyon, I'm pretty show it was both way. They can't go around keep saying they are former AKB core members either. Japanese entertainment industry is pretty strict when it comes to this.

5. Desjo

Desjo Kenkyuusei

Just checking cause i want to archive this historic moment even after ive watched it. Whats the difference between Heyx3 and the youtube one? Hey x3 showed the whole graduation performance or just the senbatsu performance and the speeches?

6. ckd

ckd Kenkyuusei

I have to be honest...we're all Acchan fans before and after her graduating AKB48.

When I saw her in LA in 2010, I never thought that 2 years later that she would be graduating. I still have a couple of pictures of her from that day on the red carpet at AX. Through all the times she had been through with all the struggles and trials that she had to go through in AKB, she had a huge impact with everyone, not just with the group, but with the fans as well. It must have been so hard and tough on her to keep her composure and perform with the fans at the same time as well.

As I watched her last concert early this morning, I couldn't help but cry a little myself as well. It took me back from the very first time seeing her 2 years earlier and feel blessed to meet her. Now, with her gone, I have to honestly say, she won't be gone for long. I bet she'll be back sooner than we think, but if not, I'm just glad that I met her and know that she had an impact on me.

I haven't heard her solo song on the new album yet, but I might shed a tear for that. Just saying 'thank you' would never be enough for what she has done for us all.

Atsuko Maeda: Ace, Leader, Legend. ALL in one extrodinary young woman.

7. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

"HEAR! HEAR! SHIT-HOT HOOORAY!" [party] [clap]

I'll raise an ice-cold Bud for that.

8. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

you forgot to add one thing to describe acchan :The IT Girl

9. Rezvord

Rezvord Kenkyuusei

what does IT stands for?

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    yeah, it all feel like a dream. But even after this, the world will keep spinning around and the time keeps on ticking. there is nothing else we can do other than 'move on' and still supporting her & AKB [nod]
    Don't forget that the 1831m has started!

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

12. Necco

Necco Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    hmmm...where are sashihara, kashiwagi and watanabe in the picture [wonder]
    you would think they would stick behind for the final picture with acchan before leaving to do whatever.

13. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

I also wondered the same when I saw the photo. I guess that Acchan and the rest didn't take that picture immediately, but waited for the fans to take off first (which probably took a long time). Mayuyu + Yukirin + Sasshi had jobs, so they got to go.

14. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^^
    Obviously the new Queen with her entourage have already left the building ;)

15. 5StarAKB

5StarAKB Kenkyuusei

I really do think it's just a permission thing vs them being actively redacted out by AKS, especially given during the yearly MUSIC STATION annual viewer request list they don't blur anyone out, even Rina. With Acchan I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to blur her out, given she's almost always in the middle of perfs, album/magazine covers, photos etc. She also had loads of close up time on shows and perfs.

16. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

And Jurina :lol:

17. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    JIJIPRESS video of Acchan's last theater performance.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUxTAizQSU[/yt]

18. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    and sae [boom]

19. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Did the other Team A girls get to say a farewell message to Acchan during the performance, or was it only Senbatsu?

20. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    Only Senbatsu but i believe that had more to do with finishing it up within 3 hours. Obviously backstage they said their farewells.