Hallyu News&Releases.

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Criss, Apr 22, 2014.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    In Tokyo for example you can get a concert ticket for Dreamcatcher including admission to soundcheck and hi-touch event for 10,000 JPY which is about 90 USD or 70 GBP (and I know that because I’m doing that on Thursday... ;))

Actually here’s a practical tip for anyone planning a trip to Japan to attend Jpop and Kpop concerts and meet and greets - I use a great site called Eventernote which allows you to search by date and city for all sorts of music-related events:

https://www.eventernote.com/events/

• Like Like x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The Coachella channel has released three BLACKPINK performances from the second Friday, April 19.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    BTS so powerful even Osaka Naomi & Paulo Cuelho also became fans of them ._.

4. Criss

Criss Member

OH MY GIRL-OMG-(#오마이걸) : "The Fifth Season" Teaser Image
    xomg.jpg
    -----
    PromiSINGER Ep.5 - GWSN(#공원소녀) "Are you ready to join the GWSN fandom?" _ Full Episode

---------

5. Criss

Criss Member

xomg5.jpg xomg6.jpg xomg2.jpg xomg3.jpg xomg4.jpg xomg7.jpg xomg.jpg xomg8.jpg

6. Criss

Criss Member

xomg6.jpg xomg2.jpg xomg14.jpg xomg11.jpg xomg4.jpg xomg3.jpg xomg15.jpg xomg7.jpg xomg12.jpg xomfg10.jpg xomg8.jpg xomg9.jpg xomg5.jpg xomg13.jpg xomg.jpg

7. Criss

Criss Member

TWICE U.S.A. Tour
    xt.jpg xt2.jpg xt3.jpg
    ------
    xomg.jpg xomg4.jpg xomg2.jpg xomg3.jpg
    ------
    Happy 1st Anniversary (G)I-DLE (#(여자)아이들) !!!
    xdle anni.jpg
    This May 2nd the girls of (G)I-DLE (#(여자)아이들) (rookie of the year 2018) are celebrating their 1st Anniversary !

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Supposedly, one of IZ*ONE's members label, Kang Hye Won's, is going to debut a new Boy Group later in May. Take this with a grain of salt since I got this info from AllKpop.

NCT 127 on iHeart Radio

BTS won 2 Billboard Music Awards (Top Social Artist and Best Duo/Group) and finally performed "Boy with Luv" live with Halsey:

"Boy with Luv" Performance Feat. Halsey Part 1 Part 2

Park Bom and Wheein (Mamamoo) collab:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’ve attended two Kpop concerts today in Tokyo - the first was by Dreamcatcher and I’ve posted a longish report in that group’s thread. The second was by Oh My Girl who don’t have a separate thread so I’ll post a brief report here.

B43BF947-AC63-4180-99D2-23EE594D5D9B.jpeg 477FE4E5-BAFD-4E08-ACE5-F3B1E3F04A06.jpeg 1A3D1C3C-A958-44FF-AAC3-BE72AD470194.jpeg

The event took place at the Nakano ZERO venue and I just arrived in time for the start after the Dreamcatcher show finished late. I was thankful the venue was seated!

For me there was one rather big negative - the format was more of a variety show with the girls having long MCs (they all spoke Japanese very fluently) and they played various games such as one where within 99 seconds they had to open a can of drink with thick gloves, build a tower out of plastic cups, peel an apple, blow up a balloon and then burst it by hugging another member with the balloon between them. It was though a little better than it sounds as especially my bias Seunghee is very goofy!

They did though perform seven songs including Closer, Secret Garden, Remember Me, Windy Day and Cupid. I doubt I’ll ever probably see them perform in the UK so I’m really very happy!

• Like Like x 2
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    BLACKPINK is in trouble with KBS, which is not showing the video of Kill This Love over this scene where Rose is driving without a seatbelt (it starts at about the 1:00 mark).

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.28.42 AM.png

"According to local media speculation, KBS has banned the video as ― reporters have stated ― it appears to condone "violating" the Road Traffic Act. This comes despite the fact that KBS did not explain why it had imposed the ban. The media point out that scenes in the video of band member Rose not wearing a seatbelt while apparently driving is the reason."

Also, there is some controversy over the photos included with the album. Here are the ones I received yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.36.04 AM.png

"BLACKPINK was also recently in the headlines after photos released with the new album appear to feature the four members with bruised faces. Some fans argue that the images glorify physical abuse, whether that was the intention or not. "

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2019/04/682_267904.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Criss

Criss Member

OH MY GIRL-OMG-(#오마이걸) : 1st Album [THE FIFTH SEASON] Highlight Medley

------
    LADIES' CODE(#레이디스 코드) : Comeback Teaser

xlc.jpg
    -------
    WEKI MEKI(#위키미키) : " Lock End LOL" Teaser Image
    owe.jpg

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Good FanCam of Dua Lipa performing with BLACKPINK's "Kiss and Makeup"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Criss

Criss Member

xwe6.jpg xwe3.jpg xwe.jpg xwe4.jpg xwe2.jpg xwe5.jpg xwe7.jpg xwe8.jpg

15. Criss

Criss Member

Happy Birthday Naeun !!!
    xapri naeun2.jpg
    This May 5th APRIL's Naeun (Lee Na Eun) is celebrating her 21st Birthday ! (Int. 20th)
    ------
    xwe.jpg xwe2.jpg
    ------
    xomg3.jpg xomg.jpg xomg2.jpg
    ------

16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    5/5 LABOUM JAPAN 1st ALBUM RELEASE EVENT
    LaLaport Kakinoha

I’ve had an amazing fortnight in Korea and Japan meeting idols and it continued today on the last day of my trip. I took the Tsukuba Express train out to Kakinoha in Chiba Prefecture where LABOUM were holding a release event for their first Japanese album. Not only is the group one of my Kpop favourites but my bias Soyeon is also my 2nd *overall* Kpop bias (1st is Eunha from Gfriend).

I’ve suffered some true clusterf**ks of organisation at idol events in Japan this past week but this one went like a dream, everything was clearly explained in simple Japanese that even I could understand lol. Basically spending so much on CDs and merch entitled you to a priority ticket for the mini-live followed by either hi-touch with all 5 members, HS or 2-shot with a named member or a group photo with all five girls. I spent 5,000 JPY to get the last of those.

People were called forward to the mini-live by ticket number and I found myself in the second row. The girls then appeared and performed the following songs in Japanese:

1. Sugar Pop
    2. Between Us
    3. Bowwow!!
    4. Duet by Soyeon and Yujeong (which I didn’t recognise)

The really great thing was that photographs were allowed for the first song - and yes I was really this close to the action with Soyeon dancing just 2 or 3 metres away from me::corr:

9FC76279-D9F7-48C4-9C7E-9DE85C721048.jpeg 385C8B58-7544-4268-82E6-C7D4838DC7D2.jpeg 603FB76E-5653-4F54-B103-6C7EE933DB77.jpeg 6E024C0D-F968-4571-9D46-4F5D2F91E7A7.jpeg 14351B5F-34B4-4C97-88B4-E795621AB8A0.jpeg 79A2FDB3-3258-4AE2-A73A-767074E099D5.jpeg

After that it was time for the well-organised meet and greet session with each option clearly announced. I was surprised that only 4 people apart from me chose the group photo - and one of them was a Korean fan who I’d been chatting to who had flown over specially!

5EF9953E-C48C-4296-BBA1-1169D177079F.jpeg

I told the girls that I was from England and they were very lovely. As it happened I said ‘goodbye’ last to Soyeon who smiled and held eye contact with me for what seemed like an eternity (but was probably only for one second lol).

What an amazing end to my trip. Life back home will be even duller now! :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    BLACKPINK Diary #8. At Coachella, including backstage.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Criss

Criss Member

OH MY GIRL-OMG-(#오마이걸) : "SSFWL"(The fifth season) (SSFWL) Teaser Video

------
    EXID (#이엑스아이디) : "Me & You" Teaser Image
    xexi me&you2.jpg xexi me&you.jpg

-----
    xwe6.jpg xwe3.jpg xwe7.jpg xwe8.jpg xwe4.jpg xwe2.jpg xwe5.jpg xwe.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Exclusive – Tiffany Young, star of K-Pop icons Girls’ Generation, reveals intimate new documentary

"Tiffany is on the phone in Los Angeles, where she now resides. The 29 year old Korean-American returned to the US in late 2017 to pursue a solo career after ten years in Girls’ Generation, the K-Pop group who debuted in 2007 and became so popular that they, unarguably, remain indelibly embroidered into the fabric of Korean culture.

Right now, she sounds confident, settled and happy. “That’s partially a lie,” she laughs. “Not that it’s fake but it’s being worked on every day.”

She began in February by releasing her first record as an independent artist. The five-track ‘Lips On Lips’ EP is an often woozy, sensual, synth- and acoustic-driven piece of work rooted in the idea of fairytales, romance and fantasy.

The next step has been to create a half-hour documentary, Mi Young’s Diary, Chapter 1: Lips On Lips, premiering on NME.com, where she transports you into this often emotional, new chapter of her life and music. “It was really important for me to be open. It’s a way to frame my work in a way that I hadn’t done before,” she says. “The focus is to show who I want to become and who I’m becoming. I want to constantly grow and give back. And become a global pop diva as well,” she adds, laughing.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 6.21.22 PM.png
    https://www.nme.com/news/exclusive-...imate-documentary-2484647#i8sZpLJMmWeg9Ket.99

Mi Young's Diary, Chapter 1: Lips On Lips | Tiffany Young

• Like Like x 2
  20. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    BLACKPINK Concert:

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1