Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Yeah, me too.
    Techi started to change sometime in December of last year.

I thought 2017 would be a healing year for her, but after the attack, it seem to only gotten worst, at
    least from my point of view.

To develop some kind of an aversion for fans, I think, is normal for most idols, as most of them are middle aged creeps, but most of the idols I see on tv at least try their best to make it seem not as obvious as it is when performing.

Sill hoping though that this is really just a temporary phase as some of you are saying.

2. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Long interview from December Rockin' On Japan Magazine. Techi talks about Fukyouwaon, Eccentric, Keyaki Republic, the tour, her artistic intentions, her pain and problems through the summer, her feelings for and interaction with other members and staff, and Kaze ni Fukaretemo.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    @ukifune thanks for the translation. I think, Tecchi is genius or maybe perfectionist and little bit obsessive. She think everything in detail, so they can bring up the song at maximum level, with their performance. Maybe, this is also the reason, why she can't performed really well on few performances recently. They way they perform has been set and she can't do it the way she always do or want to do. She lose interest to that kind of "fake" performance. Truly artist, I can say, with her idealism and stuff. :1st:

As Hiragana lover, there is one interesting part of that interview, that intrigued me. She said, she didn't want to perform W-Keyakizaka no Uta as the closing performance. Does that means, she didn't want Hiragana stand on the same stage with her and other Kanji members? :confused:

5. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @MasToppu I think it more along the lines of "Since Fukyouwaon is such a heavy song, W-Keyakizaka doesn't fit to go after such a song"

6. candykeyaki

candykeyaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    No in the way i see it, it was more along the lines of 'she wants the final day of tour to end with a BANG'. Techi wanted to show the audience 'amazing' and she wanted a show that would leave a big impact to them, so i think thats why she didnt want the tour ending with W-Keyakizaka no Uta

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^ IA, it could also be because they wanted the start and end of the concert to have the same feeling, W-K46 wouldn't fit the mood of the concert. I think the members have gotten over the "21 or everyone?" hurdle.

That was a very lengthy and informative interview, thanks @ukifune for the translation, must have been a lot of work!
    From what I gathered, it seems like the problem that was bothering Techi was something only she could relate to which is why she's been struggling so much even with the members by her side supporting her. I can't see the problem being something related to the group, because management has shown they can make changes when necessary. The only thing I can speculate to be the cause of it is her personal life issues i.e family (something that we are pretty much blind too), that's sometimes gets so bad that it affects her mentally or physically... From the interview (which was released at the end of October), Techi said she was in a calm state, but in recent live performances it looks like she's had another low moment.

Interesting point about the interview, her immediate responses are negative until she thinks about the question a little more. She can't think of a single good memory this year, but later says FujiQ was so much fun and their best concert ever. She gives me the vibe of a negative yet pro-active girl. If something bothers her, she won't just say so and leave it at that, she'll also suggest how to fix it. It seems the problem with her lies with when she doesn't know how to fix "it" whatever it may be, and it leads to her shutting down, in a way, to the point where she just says "i can't do it". I'm sure we've all had moments like that, it's just unfortunate for her since she's in the public eye. When we have low days we can just skip a day of school/work and hide ourselves at home. Techi can't do that. While I do feel like I've been too hard on her, I still hold the belief that she can't allow her emotions to affect her performances on big shows like FNS.

That interview made me realize how much we still don't know about her. She's so complex despite her attitude being so straightforward. Just when I think i've got her figured out, something changes. It's excited yet also exhausting lol. While I really enjoy reading these long interviews, I sometimes feel like we're still not being told the whole picture, which is frustrating as a fan, but being able to understand how techi feels just a little bit more almost brings everything full circle.

Her blog post on the other hand, well.... It seems like there are still many things we don't understand about her.

edit: oh, another thing i've seen her mention a lot is her admiration for Sekai no Owari. They're one of my favorite japanese artists outside of the idol world. Their music is drenched in raw emotion and the concert performances are really story-driven. From the stage props to the set list sequence, you're really watching a production, not your average concert. I can see how her liking SnO can influence her desire to give a great performance. I hope she's been able to attend on of their concerts, they're mesmerizing. Fun fact if you didn't know, Sekai no Owari translates to "End of the World". Fits techi's image well lol.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    that must have been hours of work.

Good job

9. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    @ukifune thank you for the translation.

Techi seems like such a fascinating and complex person. Maybe next to Ano chan of You‘ll Melt More, the most i have come across amongst idols.

From an idol\artist standpoint I am fascinated by both her high and low points From a person standpoint, i can't help but worry a little.

10. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i sorted of my thoughts about her, and come up with simply letting the center position to someone else until management gives her another song that fits her artistic standard :

nadeshiko glass cannon
    DQheJ2KUEAAzsC0.jpg

very nice art from ken hirai performance. Choice of colors make her stand out.

11. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    this got reuploaded

if the video does not show watch the video here

untill last week this is what we had been getting
    when Techi is on it seems to raise the whole group.

12. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I've been lurking around this thread for some times..
    I really like Techi & was worried about her for some times now because she reminded me of one of my closest friend.
    My friend suffered from depression after her mother's death & her mood swings a lot.. sometimes she was okay but most of the time she seemed lifeless & didn't seem want to participate in anything.. whenever she was feeling down, it was like the mood of our whole group became so low because we were so concerned about her.. when she is happy, we'll all brighten up so quickly.. On the bright side, my friend seek treatment & improved a lot..
    I'm hoping Techi is okay & if she's really depressed, I hope they seek treatment immediately.. If she leave the group like this, I'm really going to be bitter about it..

13. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

SOL 12-18-2017

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

source

fanart of Techi

[​IMG]

source

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  14. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I don't understand all of overthinking about techi

Like long paragraphs about someone you don't really know.

She's a teenager who is a bit rebellious. But the long novels typed on this forum about a total stranger is a bit weird. Dissecting every thing she does, jumping to a ton of conclusions. It's weird

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Like Aki-p said somewhere, sometime, Techi has that star quality that makes fans and not-fans want to understand her. Ence the ass long posts about her.

Which I totally welcome, because fans being fans and sharing opinions instead of shutting each other off is one of the best points of having a forum where to talk about things, even if, obviously, I don't agree with most of them lol

Anyway, thanks @CutePanda for GirlsLocks and a big thanks to @ukifune for the monster translation. There's a lot to think about now

16. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    the point is not to guess wrong or right, it's the process to get to know her more that is important. We express our feelings toward her, and considering the person, it can come up with one liner, or as you say, long paragraph. It's just a difference of style.

there's 1000 pages of discussion on watanabe mayu and probably 9 forum users out of 10 never had met her. This forum is pointless if we follow this logic "you don't know her, what's the point talking about her?"

Sharing opinions, helps us thinks differently. Seeing other member fan complaining about techi's behavior, made me realize that even though we know she's having a hard time, we can't deny the negative impact on the group.

17. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I understand. I am a fan too but it's still strange a bit strange. It's like this on the BABYMETAL reddit page. So much speculation over minor things. What if she's the exact opposite of all these novel long speculations

18. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    I'd like to add... Even the people who met an idol in person at handshakes or sth don't truly know the girls. You can talk to an idol one or two times, you can talk to her 100 times at handshakes but you will still have not the slightest idea what problems they are dealing with- they are only going to tell you as much as they are allowed to say and, if we are talking about serious health problems, mental problems or even problems they have with fellow members, they won't even tell you a single word. Someone who attends handshakes might know what their favourite animal is, but surely not about the difficulties they have to endure in life.
    So, unless they publish a statement on the situation or unless she gets better even without us ever knowing what happened, all we can do is share our opinion on the topic and discuss different scenarios.
    Also, i do think most people (including me) who said something negative about her don't want so see her gone. I'd love to see her return to the level of performance we all know of her. If she can do this while remaining the center, that's amazing! If she can't, it would probably better to give her a little rest, even if that means her having a hiatus from the group. And even if she decides to leave, if it makes her happy, good for her! Ultimately, all I want is for Keyakizaka to have success and for Techi to find happiness.

First of all, as a fellow Babymetal fan I know what you mean [hehe] Coming back to Keyakizaka, considering the theories many people are sharing, most people would probably be pretty happy if these weren't true. :chuffed:

19. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

In the 46 questions interview
    She doesn't sound like a happy kid with the answers she gave
    So speculating that she isn't so happy is not too far of a reach

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls