HKT48 Team TII?

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by andyJKT48, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    The concert is over and no new team was announced. I read on twitter that sasshi said that the information about it was "a staff mistake"

2. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

that's great.

3. Benou

Benou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    maifuchigami
    What the hell did she mean by "the information was a mistake" ??
    It was just a speculation, noone announce anything anywhere, right ?
    I don't understand.

Or maybe the management planned to make Team TII and she thought it was a mistake and told them not to ?
    If someone knows more about what she said exactly...

4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I believe there was an option to order Team TII merchandise t-shirt on the netshop. Not exactly sure but something along those line

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

there was a form an HKTs website with "Team II T-shirts" a couple days ago. read a few posts back

6. Benou

Benou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    maifuchigami
    oh lol... Good that I didn't hear about that, I would have been too hyped for nothing.

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    There are resources for new sister and rival groups, but not for a 4th generation/team for HKT? It's been 2 years... Really now. I wonder what's taking so long. Maybe they feel like the current members are just right for the time being. We might never know.

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Maybe not profitable to add another gen?

9. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

More like definitely.

Furthermore, with Iichan's graduation they'll only have 47 members altogether. Previously it could have been 3 teams of 16 with inter-team subs but now there's no compelling reason to have 3 teams any more. And who knows how many more graduations are we going to have with all that inactivity going on.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They wouldn't have gone and make NGT and Keyakizaka if the system wasn't profitable.

They need a +20-members gen like the first two.
    And stop holding the girls back as KKS for years and years. 6 months is more than enough for them to learn dances and stuff.

11. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

20 plus members for a generation (that is not the first generation of a group) is wayyyy too many, most of them end up being unknown theatre girls.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Tell that to JKT48 & SNH48 ^^

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yes, but isn't that the core of the group? That the theatre keeps running?
    And it's been like that since the beginning. Only the top of the top get known outside of it anyway.

The 7 current KKS need at least 9 or 10 other girls to form a new team.
    What if HKT gets a bunch of graduations ala SKE once they've made the new team with such tight numbers?
    Better to add a big generation that lets you form a new team and leaves you with a healthy number of unders in case you need them.

14. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

HKT is literally made up of 40 theatre girls tho? There's more than enough of them to keep the theatre going as it is even if a bunch of them graduates. Besides they won't leave as long as there are things to do. It is highly unlikely that we will get a new team any time soon with the current amount of members so the 10 current KKS would probably get promoted into the 2 teams. When they get promoted, they can finally perform in units. It took KIV about a year to have 5 girls perform every single unit in the setlist, I guess this can keep the 10 of them occupied for a year or so if we never get a new single, or a new stage. At this time even if some of the present 30 or so members leave, there's still enough girls to keep two stages running. At the end of a year or so, if there are no significant drop outs, they can easily make TII with 4th gen. Otherwise, 4th gen can get promoted into H & KIV and we repeat the cycle.

Maybe the reason why TII has yet to happen still is because HKT is concerned about whether they can make enough money to finance so many girls? I mean they had enough girls to make 3 teams of 16 (where the next logical step is to expand by starting 4th gen) but they decided against it. If TII was ever in the cards, I highly doubt Iichan would want to graduate since she is a somewhat important member and there'll be fun new things to do with a new team coming since it'll generally mean a new beginning for everyone. So I think It's quite likely that there's nothing in particular to look forward to.

I don't follow them but I know zero JKT members, 1 SNH 2nd gen member and 1 SNH 4th gen member.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Agreed. There's clearly a misconnect here.

Also, it's clear that HKT is far, far more profitable in terms of tours and such. If they can hold multi-arena tours, it would be much more profitable to make another team to do that as opposed to having just two teams.

I doubt that it's finances. If it was that, then they shouldn't be touring, since that's only something that you do if you can reasonably expect to fill up seats - otherwise, it's a HUGE sunk cost (much, much larger than - say - having another single).

What is more likely is that 48G is putting a huge emphasis on finding quality over quantity. The entire 48G has started to stem the tide of KKS, with the only notable exception being SKE48 - and they held a HUGE audition (through DAM karaoke, broadcast throughout the entire country). This kills the amount of girls you can find in a set time period, which in turn lengthens the amount of time that you need to wait to start another team - teams aren't really formed until a new generation (usually of 10+ members) is brought in.

16. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I don't think the fact that adding two new groups to the 48 roster necessarily means adding twenty girls to an already stagnating group would definitely be profitable. Couldn't it be possible they had to make a choice and decided against a 4th HKT gen and for a NGT 1st gen?

17. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Yea I think Nogizaka is actually making lots of money. They consistently sell more than SKE. NGT seems heavily sponsored by Niigata government or something as well.

18. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

19. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Not really, when they're just touring around and making money that way?

20. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

as cool as it would be to have Team TII, it doesn't seem like HKT needs another big crop of girls right now. in a way i kind of like how the group is still fairly small. gives me old school AKB vibes.