How did you discover AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 10, 2007.

1. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Guess I'm interested in everyone's stories.

Mine was fairly simple. I remember when the group first started, as they were on the news and such here. I didn't really take any interest though. Far too many girls for me to care about at the time. I saw bits and pieces of them over time, but didn't really take any real interest until Seifuku. I guess because it was "controversial", and I'm always up for some controversy.

Saw Acchan, and the rest is history.

Everyone else?

2. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I saw them in someone's signature on a different forum, YouTube'd them, saw Seifuku, and thought they were AMAZING. YouTube'd them a little more, found Skirt, Hirari and Aitakatta, loved them. Wiki'd them, saw Hana, cried in glee, made this forum.

My AKB48 journey up to now.

3. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Found the Skirt Hirai PV, and didn't pay much attention to it. Later on, Aitakatta got my attention, but just a bit still. Saw seifuku PV later on, wondered what the name was of "the angsty looking chick who had super cool hair"(Sae-chan!!) and found out all kinds of neat stuff about the group, and here I am.

4. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

a friend of mine, around the beginning of 2006, told there was a girl group with 'n' girls, so I said: " I need to know it" and that's it :D

5. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

I can't quite recall... I do remember that my first PV was Skirt, Hirari. I downloaded a bit of their music and they were just something cute I listened to from time to time.

When I saw the Seifuku PV, I was starting to get dragged in. XD I still didn't quite feel that connection, though, so I went to Wiki.thePPN and began my research! ...This basically consisted of going down the member list until I found someone I liked. Erena was the one that did it for me, so through her, I got more attached to the group.

Up to now... Uh, I never thought I'd memorize even half the girls, but I guess I was wrong. XD I adore them. I think they're much more than the average idol group, and that's what makes them so much better than the others for me.

6. crazychickencow

crazychickencow Kenkyuusei

I blame Tara. And seifuku. But mostly Tara. The skirt hirari-ing helped too.

7. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Don't blame me for your crack habits!

8. Aiko

Aiko Kenkyuusei

Am I the only one who loved Skirt, Hirari? XD That's what got me into them, random YouTube hopping for interesting things and found that.

9. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

^ you're not alone.

i discover AKB48 after watching sakura no hanabira tachi PV.
    then i made a choir using sakura no hanabira tachi song for my school project.
    my love for AKB48 spreads more after the release of skirt, hirari but it goes down after aitakatta.
    finally, my love increases rapidly after seifuku ga jama wo suru.
    now, my love for AKB48 is NONSTOP!

10. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Seems like haruna is one of the older fans (yay).

I heard about them, but only really noticed them with Skirt, and I really liked the music (maybe not the vocals that much), but I was turned off by the PV. Fastforward to major debut, Aitakatta. I thought it was rather catchy, but I guess I really got caught by the Acchan trap in the PV.

11. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Someone on another forum I was apart of started a thread about them, at the time when they were just starting out. Out of curiosity, I checked out their site and eventually looked up watched 'Sakura no hanabira tachi'.

At the time I kind of liked them, but for a while after that, didn't pay too much attention to them anymore. I think I wasn't prepared to share my love for H!P with another group....yet, haha.

But then after some time, started paying casual interest again until eventually, bam! Full-on AKB48 LOVE B-)

12. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I found their site after 'Sakura no Hanabiratachi' was first released. I ended up buying Skirt, Hirari, because it was just so damn catchy. I've loved them for a while. I remember finding the site with just team a and going 'damn! so many girls!!' O_p

I found them on jpopsuki xD

13. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Some Morning Musume fans were talking about a new girl group, with a huge amounth of members.
    And then I was like "A new girl group, with lots of members! I'm for sure checking them out!"
    Since ever since becoming a Morning Musume fan, I've been obsessed with girls groups, especially the really big ones.
    They had just released their Sakura no Hanabira Tachi single. And searched for them on Youtube. First listen I found a tad boring, but still keot myself updated on them. Then the Skirt Hirari pv was released, and I loved the song! And been a fan since then....<3

14. CDevil

CDevil Member

I first saw them on Japanorama, after which I searched for them on Veoh and found Skirt, hirari, Aitakatta and Seifuku. Watched them. Liked them. I then downloaded their first concert and was reluctant to watch it as I skimmed through and found it way too cutesy and embarrassing for me to watch, as I was the type who liked RnB and rock mostly (even though I was on my own, I was alert so that I could switch it off if someone walked in lol). I forced myself to watch it and thought it was OK. I forced myself to watch it again and the rest is history.

My life changing lesson: Japanese school girls are impossible to resist.

15. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

I saw someone's signature picture of the girls from another forum, and i searched them online. Then i became a fan.

16. alienpyon

alienpyon Kenkyuusei

Some guy in JPopSuki (or was it Hello! Online? can't remember) uploaded a 2 minute performance of "Aitakatta".

I wouldn't have paid any attention but, luckily enough, there was a screenshot of the performance, so I thought "Hey, so many girls in here!"

Downloaded the clip, got blown off my seat and a new love was born :mrgreen:

I don't smoke, drink, nor do drugs, but I doubt heroin is more addictive than AKB48.

17. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

me...

Can't remember

but just suddenly I got the urge to DL their PVs and spread them to my friends which make them *cough* thought that I have become lesbian because of the final exam stress *cough* -> plus my school is all girl shool

skirt, hirari just XD

seifuku is the most controversy though

18. Rina the Robot

Rina the Robot Kenkyuusei

I heard some people talking about Seifuku so I watched the pv on veoh and the rest, as they say, is history. :D

19. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Gee..I didn't know the site moved...and was wondering why I can't update the news thread...

Anyway, let me repeat myself one more time :D

Here's how I got into AKB48.....

My friend who is an AKB48 fan sent me Aitakatta PV last year, I watched it once, didn't leave a dent in my brain, the song gave me a headache and there are just too many skirts...I mean girls.
    I've been a H!P warehouse manager (cough) for many years, it's difficult for me to accept another group.

Last month (4/18 to be exact!), my friend lured me again with 4 concert songs from their 48 minutes Special, I looked at the song titles and 2 words - 制服 (seifuku, uniform) caught my eyes, I played Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru first out of the 4 songs. WOW! who is the first girl that sang "ah"....WOW! who is the second girl that sang "ah".....WOW! who is blah blah blah....I have no clue who's who and couldn't believe these are the same girls in Aitakatta PV, I bugged my friend for the next 5 days for more information. Needless to say he's a happy soul.

From then on I watch their clips everyday, little by little digging out more information about them, it's like catching the year and a half that I miss. I still don't remember many of members' names but on those I like, their names are tattooed on my brain.

After watching so many clips, Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru national tour version is still my favorite. I can't explain it but something is very special about this performance, it could be their black pinstripe suits, the purplish hue, the sexy "ah", Takamina's mop hairdo, the dance, the full moon or I was on too much crack! :roll:

20. eye2

eye2 Kenkyuusei

That particular rendition is something else. Hopefully the entire DVD will be like that and those other 3 numbers.

Sensei Qilver introduced me to AKB48. Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru was watched/listened to. It was almost perfect. Then downloaded an early concert sample. After watching it 5 times it finally hit: AKB48 is one of the best and they just keep getting better.