ILS48 Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by ChocolateMochii, May 11, 2016.

1. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    CANCELED

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    :wtf:

:huh:

:|

No comment.

3. ChocolateMochii

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    Its not restricted to only female or only male, anyone can audition

4. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The problem with this is that, quite frankly, it's a horrible idea.

There are legal parameters involved (you can't use the 48 name without permission from the Japanese management AKS), location is most definitely an issue, marketing would be a disaster, and there's just no benefit to this other than to fulfill a personal desire.

Do you have experience in producing and/or managing? You haven't said so. It's not as easy as it seems.

Even if you have all of this sorted out, you do realize it would be a waste of money right? This whole thing wouldn't work without an audience, and I fail to see what marketing strategy can be done to promote this male/female cover group of a J-Pop idol group in AKB48.

Besides, not even AKB48 has established a sister group in America. The management definitely would've done so if they thought it was profitable, but they didn't because it's clear that it won't. J-Pop is a niche music genre. The target audience is mainly otaku, so on a countrywide scale it won't fare well with the urban demographic.

I literally thought this was a joke topic, but you have been on this site for 5 years now, and it's way too late for an April Fool's joke.

5. ChocolateMochii

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    It was just an attempt to start a cover group :^^;: it wasnt anything serious. I was planning to get performance licenses.

6. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    If you can make it work, that's great. But in all likelihood, your chances are slim.

7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

If you're seriously in for some fun/management, I would just say start an online cover group instead. I didn't see the original post so I don't know what intentions you have but that's just a suggestion.