IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

I wonder if these costumes are made by Shinobu's Osare Company, they look similar to =LOVE's "Want You! Want You!" ones

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I suspected it since Sukito, but this comparison confirms it. FYI the thing about Japanese promotions that the fans don’t like the most have been the costumes

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's not something particularly unique to k-pop either so I don't know why people go on about it so much. Western record companies use all sorts of creative ways to foist production and marketing costs on to the artists rather than the company, this book is well worth a read

4. SM'SkkSilence

SM'SkkSilence Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Yo. Since OH is dead, I came here since it's the next most active Iz*One thread I can find and I still am not all that sold on Reddit or Discord (I don't know HOW people enjoy discord!!). I hope this won't be too weird.

(Mod edit: oversized gif removed. The file size of gifs should not be larger than 2MB.)

But hi! :)

To stay on topic, if even somewhat, I'll just add that based on what I know as a kpop fan involving the debt thing is that the big 3 (SM, JYP, YG) definitely don't have trainee debt. Since they are big companies with an influential brand, even their most flop idols can still be considered a success, and thus, they are pretty much guaranteed to make back any money they invest so their trainees don't worry about debt. I don't know about other companies though, it definitely varies, but the bigger the company the better I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    the styling for their debut era was amazing, almost every piece they wore was great and the coordination was amazing too. But it's like after their Japanese debut AKS showed OTR the wonderful world of cheap costumes and now it's all we get.
    I understand that it is expensive to dress 12 girls in designer clothes, but some of the outfits they've been wearing lately look literally like 5 dollar costumes

---
    Japanese Arena Tour announced! (dates to be determined)

Kobe World Memorial Hall: 8000 capacity
    Makuhari Messe: 9000 capacity
    Marine Messe Fukuoka: 13000 capacity
    Saitama Super Arena: 36500 capacity

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hey bae (sunflower) is so refreshing!!! thanks for share

8. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 4
  9. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

To Reach You (short ver.)

Gokigen Sayonara (Korean ver.)

We Together

• Like Like x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm gonna post the songs in order of the setlist now, and I apologise for double posting and possibly incomplete songs. I thought it might be useful to have a proper list, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't find videos for all songs :( If I find more/better versions, I'll edit the list. Feel free to make a playlist out of this
    1. Hey. Bae. Like It. – 4K
    2. O' My!
    3. We Together – 4K
    4. Neko ni Naritai – 4K
    5. Gokigen Sayonara – 4K
    6. Airplane – 720p (Sakura focus)
    7. MC
    8. Yume wo Miteiru Aida – 4K (Minju focus)
    9. Really Like You – 4K (Wonyoung focus)
    10. Colors – 4K
    11. MC
    12. To Reach You – 4K
    13. Rollin' Rollin' – 1080p (Minju focus) (starts with a bit of To Reach You)
    14. I AM (All / Wonyoung focus)– 4K
    15. Pick Me
    16. MC - Yena, Yujin and Nako doing a bit of I.O.I's Very Very Very
    17. So Curious (Day 1 / Day 2 / Wonyoung focus) – 4K
    18. AYAYAYA (Day 1 / Day 2 / Sakura focus) – 4K
    19. MC
    20. Suki to Iwasetai – 4K
    21. Suki ni Nacchaudarou? – 4K
    22. VCR – Vampire Sisters
    23. Highlight (Day 1 / Day 2 / Sakura focus / Wonyoung focus) – 4K
    24. La Vie en Rose (Remix) – 4K
    25. Rumor – 4K
    26. MC
    27. Violeta – 4K
    28. VCR – Pretty girls being proud of Minju
    29. Memory – 4K (Wonyoung focus)
    30. MC
    31. Up (Remix) – 480p
    32. Ending MC

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, smaller the agency, lower the training cost. A big agency trains dozens of trainees it will never use for years. Meanwhile, a small agency only recruit trainees slightly more than or just as many as it can debut and tends to pick up ex-trainees of bigger agencies to shorten the training period.

Not really, S.M. has admittedly hired Lee Sooman's overpriced music production services for years. This means a portion of the profit to be alloted to the idol is practically embezzled. Bambam of JYP said he, Lisa (of YG) and Sorn (of Cube) often met up but not Ten (of S.M.) as Ten's agency did not let him leave his place freely. This hinted how much the life of an S.M.'s idol was controlled. I don't know where to begin with about YG.

Definitely, it's not. IZ*One was promoted as K&J-pop group and their marketing was much similar to AKB. In latest release, you can see the music, MV and fashion has changed obviously toward K-pop direction. Also, I noticed that, in early hi-touch events, masculine mannequin was used to present t-shirt but, it was switched to feminine one in fanmeet event. This meant, at the beginning, AKS expected event goers to be dominantly male.

Twice is doing very well in Japan without AKS' association. IZ*One too could in a degree.

Nah. IZ*One switched to Ms. Choi who used to be Twice's stylist for Violeta. I saw fans assumed Ms. Choi also was in charge for Buenos Aires. CLC can afford Versace for its 7 members. IZ*One surely can afford Balenciaga for its 12 members.

Look at the venue capacity, they can just perform 1 day concert at Tokyo Dome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  13. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    8 month old rookie group is going to Saitama Super Arena!! :):):)

14. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

@Akusaiko There was a VCR that left fans thinking that something is going to happen on July 12th, and given that there are already 2 new songs, they might be preparing for a summer repackage album...

But man now it really shows how packed their schedule is... even more so after what they showed at the concerts...

This article sums up today's concert (includes the members' speeches/comments)
    https://www.soompi.com/article/1330...at-their-monumental-1st-solo-concert-in-seoul

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I also thought 7/12 was a bit too soon? They have BA on 6/26 already... I think we might a summer comeback in September since their calendar looks pretty empty right now.

16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    did anyone find a full fancam of memory,it's my favorite song :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Iz*One marketing is similar to AKB48 since it is being manage by the same company that manage AKB48 (AKS). Yes, maybe initially it is expected that there are JPop fan since there are AKB48 members in it but if we see how the progress of the group started with Produce48 it is that surprising that Iz*One attract predominantly KPop fan?

Can you basically telling me besides Iz*One, which other KPop group which debuted in Japan after only one debut album in Korea, releasing basically new song (not Japanese version of their Korean song), promote in major Japanese music show like FNS Music festival (from the information I get the last female KPop group that performing in this show before Iz*One is Kara or SNSD) and Music Station, and their sale is as competitive as Japanese idol group (which before Iz*One debuted, only TWICE and BTS can do that and they are mega popular). I am excluding 2 and half year of contract to make it much easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

19. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

Around 18k people have attended the Eyes On Me Seoul Concerts
    https://twitter.com/official_izone/status/1137856762160209920?s=09

They definitely need a bigger venue next time, performing 3 days in a row is really exhausting...
    And as I said before, OTR really underestimated the size of the fandom, with many people in SEA waiting for them to come, plus that initially the concerts in Seoul were supposed to last for 2 days only...
    I really hope they can sell out the upcoming Japan concert tour (AKS probably has some estimates with the fanmeetings and hi-touches)

20. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1