IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Holy shieet..

IZ*ONE is nominated in MTV European Music Awards 2019. This is big. Not only could they be invited, but they could also perform in EMA if their vote standings are high enough and MNET/AKS could pull some strings to convince the organizers to let them have a stage. OH SHIIEEEET.

Please tell everyone about the current voting. It's probably just a percentage of the total voting, maybe even a small one at that, but what if only digits separate IZ*ONE and the top 1 spot?

https://twitter.com/izonevotingteam/status/1179167919504158720

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    honestly, i remember being excited to see that show. i was a fan of the previous series & the girl group it created so it was only natural to be hyped for the next girl group season. but i still remember to this day, watching the 1st episode and thinking.
    "wow, this show is completely rigged"

i love Sakura, she's my favorite in the group next to Eunbi but, she was obviously picked to be the winner by the show runners. after watching the 1st episode, i couldn't even continue with it because it was so obviously rigged. the 1st season didn't come off that way, so i guess Mnet just got greedy.

i do like Izone though, so i'm curious what will happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Are you basically believe that MNet want a Japanese which belong to JPop girl group which having a negative perception among Korean general public to be a "Nation Center"?

5. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I don't think, they had planned to have Sakura on first place in the end, but the first center has always made it into the final line up and so they could play it safe. I see, what @dragonfrommars is talking about, because the reasons for making Sakura A class were nice, but really fishy. I don't know, how large her fanbase was in Korea before Produce48, but if they want to make a Korean-Japanese girlgroup happen, it is useful to have at least one member who fits the contemplated concept, has experience and a fanbase to start with (just my thoughts, feel free to correct me!).

I discussed this topic with a friend a while ago and actually, you can find arguments for every member to be rigged into the final line up, if you want to. I still wouldn't change it, because they all fit the actual concept quite well :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I dont think rigged position and a push belong in the same conversation

Obvioulsy MNet chose Sakura as their #1 pick among the japanese trainees, they saw something in her that they liked and went all out with the PICK ME center. Thing is, it doesn't always work, but Sakura managed to get a legion of fans. So, even if Mnet did push her (along with some other members), she obviously had the big and dedicated enough fandom to place her in the higher positions by the finale

A complete different thing is replacing trainees that actually should have made it with other trainees that didn't have enough votes.

On a TV show by a private company with 101 contestants the screentime will always be in favour of those that the company thinks will bring some money back in the future. This is business after all. In Produce48 it is clear that MNet and the companies wanted a group with a certain image (I believe Kaeun was dropped from the final lineup because she didn't fit the concept they were going for). Many IZONE members are obvious MNet picks, not just Sakura, the ugly part here is if MNet really cut others to fit their picks in the lineup

And I really dont think it was meant to be Sakura as the only winner, I think they always wanted a Starship girl as the #1 Korean VS the #1 Japanese to follow the theme. They went for Yujin at first but switched to Wonyoung when Yujin suddenly started dropping in popularity

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I wouldn't doubt for a hot second that Sakura was first place followed by someone like Kaeun D: Her rank doesn't strike me as fraudulent considering how stable she was in the show, pushed or not, people consistently wanted her in IZONE. Wonyoung is wonderful but now I fear that her sudden rise to 1 was less than legit. But Kaeun HAD to be there.

Honestly, I'm really worried for the girls' wellbeing. I don't think any of them asked about being rigged into the group. I think that regardless of Mnet and the agencies they are innocent in all this and don't deserve any hate that could come to them.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

The police said they would investigate all seasons suggesting they gained testimonies that first season was rigged too. It's more of they became more lenient/careless and made it more and more obvious.

If you believe the extremely biased editing was just, you don't trust that Sakura could attract votes with her own merit. Miru might have been in the group without Mnet's dirty play.

If the member line up were different, the group would have a different concept.

Sakura, Nako and Wonyoung were unarguably popular enough to be in the debut line-up. It doesn't seem to be any rational reasoning why Mnet might rig nugu Hitomi in. I have seen no discussion if these 4 might unfairly be placed in IZ*One. There are many discussions if Mnet bloated Wonyoung's points up so she placed above Sakura but, to switch places between 1st and 2nd is much different from to switch those who should have made the cut with those who shouldn't have.

9. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

rigged votes for all PD season, but since ioi and wanna one already disbanded, the main cannon are aiming to shot izone and x1 down, including idol school shows winner Fromis_9, it's not really that all of those people out there want 'justice', just a salty matter that their pick aren't debut on the group,imo, it doesn't effect to much for the groups contract tho, but some kneitz want the "rigged" and "real winner" members name to be reveal so that they can forced the involved members to withdraw voluntaryly or by forced, complaining, writing their name in petition to be banned etc ... since mnet won't replaced or disbanded or changed the current group and it's members lineup, the salty people becoming more salty than b4:rofl:

The show are using votes as winner, trainee talents and popular didn't matter, kaeun? Who cares, even pledis didn't see her worth much for them and let her walk away just like that, and mnet didn't fail, all 4 season of PD groups turn out to be a success even Fromis_9 slowly doing well atm, and some said b4 that only korean can votes on the show, if it is true, the jline are the first victims, they obviously not that good at both singing and dancing, their japanese fans can't vote them, and they are in korea obviously, so, i also doubt that the 48g artist status will helps them getting spots in the lineup if only the korean can votes, but this is only if it is true, i dunno, cuz lot of the japanese trainees are made it so far on the competition with a very high votes higher than what they could get on senbatsu election[hehe]

• Creative Creative x 2
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't forget it's also in substance a question of money.
    The audience choosed the final line up through SMS, and you can imagine some people sending tons of those in the hope their favorites made the cut.
    With a vote rigging, some may likely feel being robbed by Mnet.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    And we do need to remember that it was Mnet, not the idols, who made this decision.

I don't believe anything good can come from releasing the actual ranks after such a long time... It might be a career ruiner for some of the idols, and I don't think it's fair for them because they worked just as hard as the people who didn't make it. I don't know... I don't think it's something we should know anyway. This might affect future award competitions for these groups and that is bad enough on a personal level. Mnet needs to clean their act if they want the Produce franchise to continue.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Are the term "winner" in your first statement I quote mean Sakura to be in the final lineup or Sakura to be no 1 in the competition? Both are different things.

Anyway,

Is MNet want her to be in final lineup? Maybe.

Is MNet want her to be no 1 in the competition? I don't think so.

In the case of Sakura getting that A during the first evaluation. Yes, she being place higher than she should be. Nevertheless, are MNet trying to hide that she being place higher than she should be? No, in fact they are really show that she being place higher than she should be "in your face". If not, they should hide that "body roll".

In the case of X1 Yohan, it is far more blatant

13. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

If I recall correctly, every phone was allowed only one vote and each vote was only the cost of one SMS.

Even if someone borrowed a few phones no one could spend that much on the actual votes.

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It looks obvious that Sakura and to some extend Miru were set up to be in the final line up even before the show started.
    Do you really think these 2 leaked the info during HS events only on their own will ?
    While none of the other told anything.
    No rigging here but deliberate curiosity building up from their management (and Mnet's agreement)

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Of course they rigged it. The current lineup is too perfect and has a single tone. I always thought Miru would've been in IZONE if not for Sayane's departure. Miru got more than decent camera time on EP.1 but was totally gone midway even though she won several evaluations. And regarding current issues I wonder if there'll be backlash(mostly K-netz) if IZONE cameback this month amid allegations.

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    At worse they loose some sponsors.
    At best nothing.

Whatever happen, they continue as planed.
    18 more months to go.

17. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I was mostly referring to the “Nation's center“ part, which means for me No 1 in the competition. So I think, we have the same opinion here

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes, I also thought Miru (and to some extent, Han Chowon) would definitely debut even more than Hitomi. No hate on all current IZONE members, though. The lineup is already perfect. And as you said, too peefect lol. And I also thought Sakura would definitely put in final lineup no matter what happens. Had she not being put on spotlight (Nekkoya center, tears, and all), it would be more suspiciously rigged. But since she shows a ton of hardwork and charms (and her already existed fanbase and exposure) I think she earned it fair and square.

19. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    As a SNSD's fan, watching them on Jinsei ga Kawaru Ippunkan no Fukaii Hanashi and Numa Ni Hamette Kiite Mita really makes me feel happy. They are really famous among women, especially among JC and JK (the same went with SNSD since they targeted specific toward women audiences).

The main reasons why women love them are:

- Their performances - their synchronicity - their formations. (the most important one)
    - How cute/ stylish they are.

20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I think in the worst scenario they won't be able to perform in non Mnet related shows and concerts in Korea. If that happens, I think they can go to Japan and promote in there. Even with only japanese releases there could be some korean songs in them. Meanwhile they could go to Korea to participate in festivals and maybe 1 or 2 more combacks.

I'm totally fine with the line up. Of course if there are members who debuted because of the rigging it's important to let us know. But I don't want a change in the line up. As I said, they could go to Japan and promote there.