IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    https://www.izone-official.com/news/117

• Like Like x 1
  3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    With IZ*ONE and X1's withdrawal from MAMA 2019, wondering who will attend to MAMA 2019 -since Mnet said that they're struggling inviting artists because of Japan-Korea's relationship :rolleyes:
    and which one will get MROTY and Best Female Group since Mnet loves giving awards to those who're attended (except Best Band)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I... I have an idea...

015.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

This is just me wondering: Assuming Mnet and AKS agrees to add three of the rigged-out members to the group, Shitao, Kaeun and Miru. Would they grab that chance?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Do we even know that those 3 was rigged out?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    1. We don't know who the hell were rigged out.
    2. Kaeun left Pledis tho :^^;:

8. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yes and no, yes because it was agreed before the final started that the 12 will be part of IZ*ONE. No because we don't know for sure if they would have made it without the rigging.

• Like Like x 2
  9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    We don't know that at all. They might not have made it on voting either. In my opinion, of those 3 only Kaeun was likely to be in the group, but who knows?

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just with which company would it be possible right now ? AKS "only" signed with Mnet.
    With CJ E&M heads involved, Mnet, some of the girls agencies, it is a big corruption system that has come into the light. Not only the girls are victims (though I'm not 100% convinced, because of the agencies alledged doings), but also the public who voted.
    4 years of corruption, robery, lies etc .... I can't see anything possible as long as the police investigations are going on, and maybe as long as it is not set in court (can take long).

Also, Off the records is affiliated with CJ E&M right ?
    So let's imagine a comeback is possible, I can understand fans willing to support the girls, on the other hand it is also giving some money / credits to these rotten companies.
    Dilemna, dilemna.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Kaeun & Miu definitely were in that lineup, as were Miyu & Miho

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I wouldn't say that for sure, but if say names of contestants who probably could have been in the top12 those 4 and Chowon are in my list. I've also been thinking about who could be "rigged members" but I won't say anything for now.

13. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

Since the Police know who the legit final 12 are, they are announcing press conferences on dates that could end IZone permanently if they promote.

They only have a couple of choices left now, since they now cant even promote in Japan otherwise they will be called traitors.
    1. Add members who were rigged out
    2. The rigged members go on hiatus to reflect for 6 months

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think it's not certain whether a few members that made it/did not make it were switched versus the entire lineup was selected without even counting the votes. So I'm not sure what the point is in trying to single out certain members.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Nakasato

Nakasato Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I won't stan if it's not these 12

I don't think switching members is that simple, things would be so awkward...
    They would need to disband iz*one and recreate a new grp real*one or idk

• Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    First of all, I think we all know the members are not the one to blame because they 're all victims too. Having said that, it's just speculation of what could have happened if there was no rigging in the final. So it's not that mentioning certain member means that she's guilty of anything. And as I said before, that's what the viewers of PD48 are asking for in the demand and it's probably an evidence of the crime. So the speculation can't be helped since sooner or later that data will be revelaed. As long as we're being respectful with that, I don't see anything wrong.

I don't think it's that they can't promote in Japan it's more they avoiding contact with public until the investigation ends, even if it's with japanese fans.
    As for the points you mentioned, I don't have a problem with adding the ones who were rigged out if they want of course, and I kind of wish for it because it'd be interesting see the group becoming generational like 48G.
    But I don't think it's necessary for the "rigged members" to reflect since they didn't do anything wrong, but I'd understand if they do. But I think people is getting more on their side.
    I'm not accusing you of anything, but just for curiosity, what difference would it make if they disband and form a new group adding the other girls, than just adding them to IZ*ONE?
    Personally speaking, I think fans in kpop culture romanticize too much the idea of the members being as closed as if they were brothers and sisters who can't live separated. I mean of course they're friends but not not all of them can't be as closed as fans think. And in the case of IZ*ONE, the group is supposed to end in 2021 so it's not they will be together forever. So what’s the point of rejecting the idea of new members in temporary group?
    We also should consider that there might be the possibility of a member leaving the group because she can't handle all this controversy. If she does then we should respect her decision and support her and Iz*one for the time being. I don't think fans would be leaving the fandom because a member leaves, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Other than yourself, I think most of those asking for the "real line-up" are only doing so for intents that are not really positive or just out of curiosity -- on the other hand, the damage to those members will be worse than it is now. Shoudn't we protect the members that are already victims here and not do something just to satisfy someone's curiosity or to fuel more hate/ill intent?

As for adding new members, the group is big enough as it is. This isn't 48 group where members come and go, the line-up is set from the beginning and members have roles in the group. Also, the group has been successful for over a year as Izone members not as the 12 winners of PD48 -- I think the bulk of their fans now are post-PD48 viewers, meaning they liked them as Izone. Just compensate those that were wrongfully excluded but would have clearly made it otherwise.

As for the company, I don't think the officials that were bribed shared these with other company officials so fire the former, apologize, make amends, assure that things are being done to prevent this, etc. I don't think shutting down the groups or making them bear the consequences of someone else's mistakes results in something positive. Maybe immediate proceeds that would normally go to the company should be used to compensate and make amends with those directly harmed. But the two groups do positive things and they'll end anyway and I just think that all this time and opportunity lost can't be regained and that it's the members that are being harmed the most right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I agree. These members have chemistry and have formed bonds which it would be impossible to recreate by artificially forcing other members in or replacing members.

I think some like to stir shit and some just like to see things burn.

I agree with mostly all of that. The group is phenomenally successful and has massive sales and legit popularity, I think it would be insane to walk away from that and completely unfair to the members to punish them for the misdeeds of presidents and CEO's. Compensate the members and agencies who lost out (which is what would happen in a civil case anyway) and deal with the upper management who made the decisions but let the girls get on with their careers and let the fans enjoy them as IZ*ONE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    I think most of us have that one member(s) we cannot believe lost. I wasn't cheering for Lee Kaeun but that girl was incredible. To this day I can't believe she didn't make it. She is defenetly more interesting than the girl that was last.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I don't know if I'm being naive, insensible, or is it that I ignore who are the haters here. Maybe in my mind I see my curiosity about the PD48 case and my concern about the girls and their health as two different things. I just a comment that mentioned something that was almost the same I was thinking about and couldn't help commenting too, and as I said I didn't see anything wrong with that because I didn't anything offensive to any of girls. Also I don't think any of them will come here to see the comments either. But it's good to be respectful and we have be it.
    About adding new members, when I mentioned my opinion I was thinking about for japanese promotion only. The group can be with the 12 members in Korea for the sake of K-fans. I can't really say for sure that if there were other members in the group, it wouldn't be as successful as it is now because, a huge part of the success is because of the Produce influence, we have to admit that. It's like with groups from big agencies, they have more chances to be sucessful just because they belong to a big agency. But I'm fine if they don't add more members, it's just a wish of mine.
    I think this unexpected "hiatus" is the best thing to do for the girls, if they were promoting everything will be questions for them about the controversy, so it's better to stay out until this case reaches its conclusion. Or at least all the staff makes an agreement with all the victims and people who are demanding.

It's your opinion and I respect it but let's try to not mention any of the IZ*ONE members, please.

• Agree Agree x 2