JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Lol its very hot in here xD.
    all what kenichi wants is an original song right? and we should get it without the help of aki-p. that part, i agree. its been so many years already and we havent get our very first original song. but stranding out of the curve (48G) to more Indonesia-ish is a risky move given that most of loyal fans coming from other 48G-dom, some, or if i can say most of the loyal supporter are supporting JKT48 because it has the 48 label behind it, it should act as a proper sister group of 48G.

you said "Even some Japanese fans have expressed their interest to see JKT48 comes out with their originality; they have quite an expectation to see JKT48 stands out even more than AKB48 and all other sister group because JKT48 is simply UNIQUE and unlike their Japanese counterparts even SNH48"

this part, i think you misunderstood a little bit. i believe the originality here is like the image of the group, not the musicality, for example HKT = their image is youngest sister group with lots of lolies, hence act cutesy and such, SKE = with their top notch dance precision, NMB = from kansai = great speaking skill ? (sorry if im wrong, i dont really follow other 48G except HKT and JKT). so what do you think the unique characteristic JKT48 should adopt which JPN48 dont have but that scarlet grup has?

and for the unique-ness, we should go into the same page first, from whose point of view we want to see? from the non 48g/J-pop fans or from our point of view? of course for them mugle JKT48 is unique, for us they are not. but is it really ok to move from 48G-ish music to local idol-ish music? doesnt that make JKT48 not unique in their own country?

my two cents, the best bet we have now i think not to cover 48G over girlish song for main single. cover the song such as river and do it a lot times better than the original works amazing, because the image we hold now is powerful dance, i even still got goosebumps from watching our version of river at budokan.

i dont have anything against local idol music, scarlet's songs are good. if one day we going to have local composed original songs i will happily buy them.
    didnt Aki-P said each group will have their own producer after he retired? maybe that time we will have own original song, i dont know in how many years that time will come xD

lets cool our head peopleeee~~

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Dont worry @YuiNounen , I'm cool here. Kenichi just following up some idea and expand it. I'm helping him with different point of view:awesome:
    Thank god I'm following both so I can help you in this matter. SKE actually known for their high "all-out" energy dance moves, sacrificing precision in the process. Nevertheless, watching their genki(cheerful) expression is a delightful sight for their wota. The NMB, on the other hand, is the actual master of precision dance. Not so all-out as SKE, Their other weapon is comedy because Kansai-ben (dialect), when you learn it, is very funny. I could say more, but you better find it yourself.;)

Rest, I agreed. JKT was still on their 3rd years. Every sister group was experimenting their style and musicality during that time. It was just our side of stage48 forum are indeed dry of information which is cringe-worthy for non-Indonesian fans right now.

3. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jenniferhanna
    Lumina Scarlet on Twitter's trending topic. I like both of their songs :lol:

lusca tti.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  4. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I downloaded Teenebelle's album today and I'm loving it. They're so adorable.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    The video is kind of weird but the song is cute. Cherrybelle's new album is pretty good too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  6. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    ^ Oh they're cute! Indonesia seems to be having a bit of an idol boom. Diasta did an interview and they asked her about the group, seems the whole thing was her idea!
    Diasta and Love Tune
    What is the difference between an idol in the underground scene and being an idol in JKT48?
    The workflow is different. I do things on my own now, while in JKT48 everything is being taken care professionally. The responsibilities are also bigger in JKT48.

Do you have any plans to rejoin you old group?
    No, they’re already busy with work. That’s why now I go with another group, Love Tune.

Can you tell us how you created that group?
    I called the members one by one. Haha.

They were your acquaintances?
    Yes, I met them through cosplay events.

Do you prefer your activities now or when you were in JKT48?
    Now. Even if it’s just a small group, we arrange the workflow ourselves by mutual decisions. Besides, we’re not aiming too high. This is just as a hobby, just for having fun.

Do you have any plans to release your own single?
    Currently, it’s just a cover group. We haven’t thought about it, though. Let’s just wait and see.

You made your own costumes?
    Yes, we designed and made them ourselves.

Do the local idol groups often have some sort of get-together?
    Since I’m starting from scratch again, there aren’t that many that I know personally. I only got to know some of them at an event some time ago.

Do you also cover anime songs?
    My band did. Not so often now.

Have you though about Love Tune covering songs from IDOLM@STER?
    We’d love to. I heard some of their songs, and they kind of interest me.

[Full Interview]​

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    JKT new rival, ABC (A Better Chance), an idol group under Yoshimoto Kreatif Indonesia management

[​IMG]

The four members on the left is Cherrybelle ex members plus one member from Japan (i think?)

8. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Interesting callsign for the members, my first thought they were mascot for japanese restaurant tho. But good initial move from their management in order to put them on the radar.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Yoshimoto Creative? Osaka are expanding it's wing after NMB, eh?

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

PT. Yoshimoto Kreatif Indonesia. It has been operating since early 2015 in Indonesia. I don't think they have an official website, but they do have an official facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/yoshimotoind
    Anyway, Yoshimoto want to expand to outside Japan since, well, I don't know. But there is this article www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/04/24/tv/yoshimoto-seeks-laughs-and-profit-beyond-japan/#.VvQqbql96Ul and this one http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Talent-agency-Yoshimoto-aims-to-crack-up-Asia
    Without the ABC group, I don't even know that Yoshimoto exist in Indonesia, especially not actually be a talent management company. I don't think they have a lot of Indonesian talent under their wings yet, but they probably have the financial backing from Japan.

Now back to ABC. One member is from Japan, but she is actually Indonesian (not half I believe), it just that she was born and raised in Japan. I don't know her nationality though (Japan? Indonesia?), but probably Japan.

11. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Maybe i'll have interest at this group surely not with their members but the concept they will use.

12. robby eliandio

robby eliandio Kenkyuusei

i think ABC will be the 'real' rival for jkt48

13. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    And i think they will keep jkt48 fans "entertained" considering member of this group.

14. rmn89

rmn89 Member

now we all know that MNL48 BNK48 and TPE48 will be formed we should consider them as a rival groups. because to be honest those who has been mentioned on this page got nothing on JKT48

i was talking to a friend from Thai about this and she's pretty excited about this. The embarassing thing is she said that some indonesian fans going to BNK48 page and saying nasty things like how the group will be consists of "ladyboys" etc.

lets be more smart and welcoming guys. don't be a stupid fans who saying idiotic stuffs. instead take the competitors as stepping stone to make our idols shine better.

bring it on MNL48 BNK48 and TPE48!

15. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    But to be honest, I want the SEA48 groups will come hand-in-hand with a friendly rivalry between them...

16. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    rival... im sure BNK wont be our rival, like direct rival, maybe if you talk like Overseas group vs JPN group rivalry, yes. because eventho we are at the same region, we dont speak the same language (excpet for the southern Thai who speak Malay), the culture is different too, the success indicator also different, heck i even still think theres no rivalry between snh-jkt or groups who are in different country, unless those groups actively promoting in Indonesia and also thats why only local rival idol group were being discussed here.

for the ladyboys comment, was it happened in this forum, if yes, its more like a joke, because you know, stereotypes, if its happen outside of this forum, well you know, you cant expect us to discipline all of those bigot.

17. rmn89

rmn89 Member

MNL48 and BNK48 will have girls with a southeast asian features just like how our girls looks like. the problem with SNH48 is they are pretty much all east asian looking girls, . thats why theres no competition between those 2. and with the fact that until now JKT48 is still the southeast asian representation of 48 Family. can you imagine what could happen when the better members are transfered to MNL48 and BNK48 instead of JKT48?. or when AKB48 top members coming to those countries instead of Indonesia to do meet and greet?. i am studying overseas with alot of thai friends and i can tell you that the 48 fandoms there is pretty huge , i would say bigger than indonesia regardles of us having our own group. so yep. here we comes our direct competitions.

18. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Eh i heard the ladyboy comment from AKB/SKE/NMB/HKT/SNH fans too

19. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Other 48 group never was and never will become competitor for JKT, absolutely irrelevant. Not operate at same country, therefore different marketshare.
    What they doing at their region like build another theater or take bikini photoshoot effecting so little or mostly none to JKT.
    Even after this almost 5 years JKT48 existence, did AKB have more popularity than JKT for Indonesian?

20. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    MNL48 and BNK48 will have girls with a southeast asian features just like how our girls looks like. the problem with SNH48 is they are pretty much all east asian looking girls, . thats why theres no competition between those 2.

- I believe the bnk and mnl girl will all be very beautiful no doubt, and quite similar with the Indonesian, but what i learned from my whole 48 experience is, at the end of the day, look doesnt really matter.

and with the fact that until now JKT48 is still the southeast asian representation of 48 Family. can you imagine what could happen when the better members are transfered to MNL48 and BNK48 instead of JKT48?.

- yes i can, like that time when we only got a 1 timer senbatsu and the already not so popular member and SNH got a legend member?

or when AKB48 top members coming to those countries instead of Indonesia to do meet and greet?

- this has nothing to do with the local group, if the market in that country is big enough, they are willing to send any top member.

i am studying overseas with alot of thai friends and i can tell you that the 48 fandoms there is pretty huge , i would say bigger than Indonesia regardless of us having our own group. so yep. here we comes our direct competitions.

-
    bigger or not, again as long as BNK and MNL not actively promoting their girls in Indonesia and not affecting JKT48 sale, there is no competition between them.

the only competition is, attracting the 48 fans in other countries within region, which is not really significant in number considering how few of them wanting to know the overseas 48 group.

or maybe the competition on who will get its first original single sooner [hehe], or competition on who can deliver the cover single better ( the PV ) which is an advantage for MNL and BNK since JKT set the bar quite low .-.