Album Keyakizaka46 1st [Masshirona Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru] (2017/07/19)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    Keyakizaka46's 1st Album (Masshirona Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru) (6th Day Sales)
    Day 6:
    12,706 (278,836) (1st)

2. OhYeaH!

OhYeaH! Kenkyuusei

3. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Wow 12k on the last day.

Good start for Keyaki, it also passed Nogi's 2nd album.

4. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think it's possible for them to reach 300K with weekly adjustment

5. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    They are probably over 300k with digital sales added in, the money brought in in the first week considering the higher asking price for the 3 versions of the album is likely over Fukyouwaon's total to date.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

No fantasy explosion of sales, but a solid, solid start for this album, which I think will keep selling for quite a while. Squeaking past Nogi's 2nd is a big deal, for me. Do the members get any money specifically from CD sales? Or is that just part of what their salary is for? I believe they do get special bonuses (probably not a percentage of the take) for live performances. Is that true?

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Final weekly figure showing 279k (almost 280k; as always, subject to rounding), decent sales nonetheless for their first album.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2094641/full/

(For reference, SKE48's single sold 273k)

Questioning about that as well since just looking at the raw yen value all sales sold and then some would be worth at least a billion yen...

8. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
  9. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well Ushio Sarina speaks some Indonesian, so probably she chose that name.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I read that this is the best-selling first album in 4-1/2 years, since NMB48's first album, in March 2013 (sales of 328K).

I believe the story about Lima Cantik is that they were batting around names and started thinking of foreign languages (since several of them speak one) and others liked the sound of cantik, so they eventually worked out lima cantik. I have read some comment that it sounds a bit funny, like "five beauty" instead of "five beauties." This would make sense to me, since she was only in Indonesia when she was little, but does it really sound at all odd?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakizaka46's 1st Album (Masshirona Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru) (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1:
    279,093 (1st)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I heard it was their 2nd choice, but they found out ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead was already taken.
    Five Beauty doesn't express a coherent thought in English, but functions perfectly well as a group name, movie title, product name etc.
    IDK if it works the same in Indonesian.

13. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

It did sound a little odd at first, but I've come to accept it. A word like "cantik" could be both singular and plural depending on the context. Having said that, probably Indonesian posters here could correct me.

Mind you, I'm saying this as a Malaysian - we have some similarities with the Indonesian language, while each evolved in their own way over time. I remember being very surprised when Ushio first sang that lullaby ("Pok Amai-Amai") back in the Hiragana intro episode...I could understand her every word, but I didn't expect that at all, haha.

14. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    If I'm not mistaken, cantik is an adjective, not a noun (thus, it's beautiful instead of beauty). So, a better translation might be Five Beautiful Ones. However, Five Beauties or Beauty does sound better. Is it grammatically correct? Maybe not 100%. Is it odd? Perhaps a bit. Can people in Indonesia (and Malaysia) understand what they want to say by the name? I think so. Just my 2 cents.

15. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Seems like a very encouraging sign. I'll celebrate by...uh, playing the whole album a couple more times at work. Man, I repeated that Zuumin solo so many times...

16. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Zuumin's solo is one powerful, touching ballad. Can't get enough of it.

17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I'm Indonesian, and if I really, really think about it and take it literally, sure it will sound weird and odd. Lima Cantik do directly translate to Five Beautiful, but thing is I don't think you can just word-by-word translate it. As Meiji Ishin said, Lima Cantik functions perfectly well as a group name, etc. If there is a Trio Cecepu / Trio Cecepy as a group name and Indonesian didn't think it was weird, surely Lima Cantik is more than acceptable. If you want to be technical, perhaps Lima Wanita Cantik would make more sense as that would directly translate to Five Beautiful Women.

Tl;dr : Lima Cantik is not odd. It sounds okay.

18. AdrianEHS

AdrianEHS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Yes cantik is an adjective. First time I heard lima cantik, it didnt make any sense to me because the sentence doesnt contain any noun, what or who is cantik?

They can add the word wanita (girls) in the middle but that would make the name too long lol

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Okay here's the origin of Lima Cantik, from blogs and radios

So there are five of them, so they feel they need to use the word "five". They wanted to use English's 'Five' but the problem is, there's Five Cards already! Sarina said, "You know, Five in Indonesian is Lima!"
    So they decided to go with Lima. Now, naming their unit Lima Lima is weird because that would mean "Five Five". So they are looking for a second word, something that could represent what they are aiming to be. Someone suggested "Lima Kira Kira (Sparkling Five)" but that sounds weird, then Kumi says "Lima Cute!"
    Kyoko, in a whim, asked Sarina, "What does cute means in Indonesia?"
    "Cantik!"

After a voting, the five of them settled with the name "Lima Cantik", Cantik being chosen because the five of them wanted to be "five pretty ladies"

Personally i translates them as Five Beauties, and i see some people translating them as Five Beauty, because that's still correct and sounds better when you say it. Five Beautiful or Five Beautiful Girl is too literal and too mouthful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    If it is about Lima Cantik, shouldn't we translate it into The Beauty of Five? :confused: