Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    It's been a thing in japan to use numbers to spell things for a long time. I believe it started in the 90s with teenagers messaging each other on pagers, but don't quote me on that.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    So this is her last SSK...
    I can't say I have good opinion on this decision, but it is hers after all, so I'll support her with all my might.
    It would be great if she gets the throne this year, but if she doesn't, I hope she pulls a Miichan, but that doesn't seem probable.
    I really wonder why she made this decision. To fire the fans up? Because she wants to graduate? Or did she get enough of the SSK?

3. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I wonder...
    Sakura is smart, I don't think she'd make a decision like that on a whim.
    Somehow she must really have faith that other hkt members will reach senbatsu next year (or maybe she's pulling out exactly for that purpose).

I hope she'll pull a Sayanee and not a Miichan lol... Seeing how she's being criticised left and right over the smallest things, going back on her word would only add fuel to the fire...

And if she ends up in the p48 group she'll be busy promoting for 2.5 years. She'll be able to focus on this group and hkt without worrying about the sousenkyo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    She just need to find a big agency and after that she can graduated from idol world. Filming/dorama world is more suit for her.

5. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Vermintide 2! For the blood and the Hammy Witch Hunter

6. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

Yeah let her relax now..
    She already got a huge amount of stress from SSK alone, so personally I understand why she said this is her last, and I really hope she pull a Sayanee and be free from that "festival" lol
    And
    I hope management really let her not to participate SSK next year and focus on her group and maybe P48 then get into an agency to train her into an actress

Lets do our best for this year fellow Sakura oshi!

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I don't think she has a chance to win this year, even if she says its her last one. the gap in votes is just too big, and she hasn't really done anything this whole year. But if she says its last one, then she must keep that promise. Don't be like minegishi and lie to everyone just to blackmail your fans into voting for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. skuf

skuf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yasuda Kana
    Twitter:
    TravisSkuff
    Any fanbases selling votes from physical cds here?

9. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

I feel like this is pretty much a disaster for HKT48.

Like, whether or not she gets number 1 this year, resolving to give up next year and from then on....
    Well, let's look at the rest of the group...

Haruppi is probably not coming back, even if she does-- she'll never recover to a top rank again.
    HKT48 has made no attempt to try to get Madoka over, she has gotten about as far as someone who gets no support from the company at all, never got to be an AKB48 kenin or to be in an AKB48 senbatsu could possibly get. And I find it unlikely that the management will wake up and say "oh, she is over? Let's try to make her a star too!" since they well.. haven't.
    Meru's popularity has all but bottomed out. She is still doing better than about 7/8ths of the group, but not where one would expect the original center who is given so many opportunities and breaks and chances to be.
    Mio did badly last year, and though her high instagram followers and YouTube channel might turn that around... but enough for her to even get to the senbatsu?
    Nako and Miku have been climbing the ranks, especially fast during this last year, so... maybe one might break into the top 16... or is it 20 this year. But, is all of HKT48's hopes going to be riding on them?
    And Hana... seriously, giving Hana the gold platter treatment and making everything about her has been more successful in creating resentment against her than it has in making her popular. Despite everything they have done, she isn't even in the top 7 most popular HKT48 members. (well, technically she is #7 if you ignore Sashi and Haruppi)
    And the only other member even remotely in contention is Aoi who... I don't think she is going to be moving up the chain.

It is very possible that the result of Sakura deciding to call it quits this year might well mean that in next year's election, there will be no HKT48 even in the main senbatsu.
    Sure... its management's fault, no doubt, and Sakura has arguable received far more boons and breaks from being "AKB48" than she has from being "HKT48", but I feel like nonetheless she owes it to the group who has done so much to support her rise to this level of popularity to try to grab that championship and hold that championship until there is at least someone else positioned to be the top HKT48 girl.

Granted, that might be many years considering that whomever is totally infatuated with Hana on the management team stubbornly won't let go of this dream of making her the top girl at any expense, the rest of the group be damned... but... well, that would just mean more years of Sakura.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^What about Aki?It might be to early since she might be still considered a new girl and all but I still see a bright for her!

11. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Right now, in terms of popularity, she is roughly #12-13. And that is without the company doing much of anything to push her or draw attention to her. Yes, she was in the last two senbatsu, but in the formation she is backrow and her appearances in the videos have been almost "blink and you'll miss her" level of inclusion.

So given that she is in the top 1/4th of members without really receiving any push beyond a low ranking senbatsu inclusion, that demonstrates untapped potential and she got #79 last year. She should improve from that, but probably not by a large amount unless she has a lot of really rich fans.

If they try with her-- give her a center on a coupling song or well... something, maybe she could get further. Possibly much further, depending on whether or not much of her fanbase is made up of people who simply get infatuated with whomever the "new girl" is and have already moved onto D3 gen. (One of them sold out all her handshake slots on the first CD and another sold out a third of them-- and we can be pretty certain these are not new fans to HKT48, but those who abandoned their old favorite for a new girl.)

But, for this really difficult to explain reason, HKT48 definitely has this agenda where despite being the Kyushu group, they only want to push girls from Tokyo. Just Nako (though Miku gets included because they are paired) and Hana are getting any attention from management.

Aki, actually being from Fukuoka, is probably just going to continue to get no more than a token inclusion.

So she won't be in any position to take Sakura's place in the AKB48 senbatsu any time soon, and absolutely never under the current management method.

12. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    OOT but I always thought that they should have pushed AmaAki like NakoMiku and MioMeru :whistle:

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think she should call it quit next year instead of this year tbh. This year's winning chance is very low considering its all on Jurina's favor.

14. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    She knows how to enliven the boring event :twisted:

15. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I fear at this moment she has lost momentum so next year it will be even harder unless things change. The P48 she is doing may be good for her or bad for her. My own feel is it will drop her more than raise her in SSK but we'll have to wait and see.

16. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Things weren't looking great for her anyway this year. She's got nothing to lose.
    Although I'm positive p48 will bring in something good for her.
    As you said we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I'm translating Sakura's four mobame sent regarding the sousenkyo or otherwise important topics that night in order, so here's the first one. You can share the translation elsewhere as long as you give credit, but please don't share the photo elsewhere outside of this forum.

Thanks for the 2-Shots!
    Translated by @ithebigc (twitter.com/ithebigc)

Thank you for these past two days ~~(^_^)

Being able to persevere for 6 slots each day, I’m the healthiest… lol

Thanks to everyone that came!

Today, a young female fan said to me,

“I’m going to work hard at my part-time job so that I can come see you again~~!”

For each and every ticket, everyone works a great deal at their jobs. It’s the fact that everyone is doing their best for my sake, realized in physical form.

I have to value our time together more and more, is what I felt acutely.

Recently, there’s been one 2-shot event after the other, and even when there wasn’t, I was able to meet with fans almost weekly, but…

Nevertheless, I want to treat each time we’re able to meet more importantly.

I can’t take for granted that people will always come each and every time, is what I felt again.

That’s why, once more.

Thank you for coming to see me all the time.

That’s what I’d like to convey.

Thank you.

Now, I have to talk about THAT…

I’ve had a rough draft written for ages,

but it’ll be bad if I don’t actually bring it all together soon.

Once I’m able to properly convey my feelings,

I’ll send out an e-mail once again.

I’m sorry for making you wait all this time, but please wait just a bit longer.

SakuAo

180506-1.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  18. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Here we go, the second of Sakura's mobame that night, the main one in which she talks about the sousenkyo and explains her motivations for running this year as well as how she feels about the sousenkyo. It's very, very long (possibly her longest post yet?), and that's coming from someone who is known for her Long Posts™. It took me quite some time to even translate it, so you can imagine how long she's been writing and rewriting it even having to deal with Produce48.

_______________________________________​

Sousenkyo

By Miyawaki Sakura

Translated by @ithebigc (twitter.com/ithebigc)

Well then, let’s enter the main topic.

Senbatsu sousenkyo.

This year will be my last year participating.

Well, I say that, but depending on the conditions next year, there may be the possibility that I can’t not participate… *strained laughter*

However, for now I’m thinking of it as my last sousenkyo.

Up until now, I’ve been entering the sousenkyo for myself.

Of course, I think that’s the same for everyone.

Even Sasshi-san said, “It’s pointless if you’re not in it for yourself in the sousenkyo.” That’s what I think the sousenkyo is.

If I raise my ranking, even just a little, if lots of people come to know me, just slightly, if people take interest in me, just a bit…

Finally, if I can get closer in level to my seniors, if I can surpass them…

With those feelings in mind, I’ve been declaring my candidacy.

However, gradually, those seniors above me have decided to stop participating. I haven’t been able to pass anyone, and I rise up in rank like I’m moving forward in line. That has continued for the past three years.

That was really frustrating.

I felt, “Ah, so this is what hitting a wall is.”

And then, last year’s sousenkyo was Sasshi’s last.

She’s not participating this year.

For me, my reason for entering the sousenkyo was… one day, I wanted to go beyond even Sasshi. I wanted to repay the favor to my teacher, so to speak. That sentiment was the strongest.

Rank 1 in the sousenkyo.

As an extreme example, let’s say that everyone decided to not participate in the sousenkyo, and I got 1st Place. You can say that I’m 1st, but the result is basically the same as before…

The Rank 1 I couldn’t achieve is,

in any event,

is Rank 1 in a sousenkyo that I outran Sasshi.

By the way, I don’t see Sasshi as a rival.

I have so much love and gratitude for her, and I want to continue following her in the future.

I said all of the above because I respect her…that, I hope you can understand.

That’s why, there really wasn’t that much of a strong reason for me to participate in the sousenkyo… During this period, for example, if I wanted to improve my skills and practice more…was there something I could do? Thinking like this, I really was wavering. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do.

However, I submitted my candidacy.

The meaning of that is.

For HKT48’s sake.

You may think I’m saying that just to make myself sound good, that it’s nothing but pretty words.

However, I really mean it.

For the first time, I declared my candidacy not for myself, but to take responsibility for HKT48.

If we think about HKT48, with Sasshi not participating in the sousenkyo, if I choose to abstain too…

How many names from HKT would be called for senbatsu. I reflected on that.

That’s why, I need to take the lead for HKT48.

I felt that I have to participate, that it’s almost my duty to do so.

Up until now, because Sasshi took 1st,

as HKT members we could stand proud during the sousenkyo.

I think all HKT members felt the same way.

Even for those who didn’t rise in rank as much as they expected, or those that didn’t rank in at all.

Because at the end, there would be that moment that Sasshi’s name was called,
    we could smile.

Saying, “She’s in our group!,”

we could stand there and throw out our chest.

Even at the end of the sousenkyo in which I simply moved forward in line,

the reason my heart was bright and cheerful

was because Sasshi would absolutely take the crown.

Now, here’s a sousenkyo without Sasshi.

In Sasshi’s place, I want to be a source for their smiles and hearts.

For the HKT members who are aiming for senbatsu…

The back of the Queen, which I’ve always gazed longingly at…

This time, I want to be the one to show that back to them.

The flag of the 1st Place winner, which Sasshi has protected up until now.

I don’t want to turn over that flag to another group.

I will take over.

I will protect it.

For HKT48’s sake.

If I’m being honest, becoming 1st will be extremely, extremely difficult.

At present, there is zero chance that I can win.

I don’t see any future except one in which I lose.

There are probably people who think I’m just inviting bad luck by saying that, and that I should say “It’s possible for me to take 1st!” instead, but…

Precisely because I’m aiming for 1st Place, I need to face reality and look at it calmly.

1st Place isn’t something that is won so easily.

For this reason, I want to seize it with everyone.

Me taking 1st would mean

HKT48 taking 1st

and even all my fans taking 1st.

It’s not me by myself.

If was I allowed to complain…

I’d say it’s frightening and that I want to run away…

However, it must be done during the sousenkyo this year.

Next in line after Sasshi is me.

My last sousenkyo.

I want to end my run at Rank 1.

Everyone, I’m counting on your support.

I’m sorry for writing such a drawn-out post.

_______________________________________​

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sakura~:cute:
    It's so relieving to read what she actually wrote, so thanks a lot, @ithebigc -san.
    I think Sakura really changed in the past year.
    She really grew up and become more mature, as well as a reliable senior.
    However, if she herself says that there's no chance being 1st, we must raise her to the crown. I want to see her happy for once. I want her to smile from her heart. Because she deserves it.
    If she doesn't want to join next year, I respect her decision. I understand how frustrating it must feel to be 1st in a SSK when everyone above you has decided not to join.
    With AKB's new management and stuff, this might be the last chance of Sakura at stealing the center position. The position which she was pressured and pressured into taking 'in the future' for the last half a decade.
    And I know that Sakura is fit to be the center. She has the aura, she has the popularity, she works hard, and thinks for the group, not only for herself. I want to see at least one next generation ace to be the actual ace in the history of the group.
    That's why, I want her to be 1st. To betray everyone's expectations, her own expectations, and stand there, shouldering her past, and shouldering HKT48.
    Us Sakura fans can't take this by granted. Because she says it's her last, we must support her with all our energy. I can't bear her name being called before Jurina and Ogiyuka. That's why, we must do her best. There's no next year. This is the last chance.
    Let's give Sakura the :1st:st spot!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

This is a very negative mindset and very disheartening to see if this is how she really feels.

It doesn't strike me as mature at all-- quite the opposite, it comes across as very immature, self-centered and petty.

There are some pretty obvious reasons she was never going to be able to beat Sashihara or pull Sashihara numbers. No one else in the company can ever repeat what she did and have it turn out the same way.

So to act like no one else she is competing against counts is far too negative and self-centered.
    Aren't all the other girls working their best too?

The really funny thing is how she is so dismissive of the other people she is running against, but also asserts she has 0 chance of winning.
    How does she figure that?
    Yes, her winning will probably be thanks to Sashihara's fans rallied behind her...
    But Jurina has hit the same lull in popularity she has.
    Yokoyama has the backing to completely dominate this contest, but her fans have ever really even tried before.

So who exactly is Sakura so absolutely certain is going to win?

I think this essay shows that Sakura has completely lost perspective. And maybe she was exhausted and not really thinking straight when she wrote that.
    At other times she has said that she thinks the election proves that people really care about her-- but if she thought that, then it wouldn't matter what her rank was, so long as someone was still voting for her at all. But here she seems to have gotten so caught up in the whole competitiveness that she has totally lost sight of the fact that the others she is competing against are working their hardest too and many of them are her friends at any other time of year.
    If this is truly her mindset on the whole thing... I am not even sure she deserves to win.

After all, this is the last year for a couple others she is competing with too-- and not because they plan to be around next year and turn their nose up at the contest, but because they won't be around next year at all.

Besides-- I am pretty sure if she does lose, she'll change her mind by next year anyway. She even said in this essay that she thinks she'll be forced to enter regardless.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1