Single MNL48 1st [Aitakatta] (2018/09/28)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Guys I have a slight problem with the album cover.:(:(:(hopefully its not the cover I don't like those blue graphics things. It's like I did it myself and edit it from Microsoft word.i think it can do without and i think it will be perfect if the backround was just plain white.

2. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    it surely is- its been an known issue that they have crappy web designers/editors. Its plain and it doesn't give much vibe to for a first impression. Well hopefully they'll improve and get a better.

3. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Awww haha hopefully, if this single is a success maybe they can hire more graphic designers or art directors. I am still glad they didn't go with the drop shadow and gradient effect. White background is better than those unprofessional effects xD

4. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope they did , it looks like they just paste the MNL logo on the side and type "Aitakatta Gusto Makita" in a Lucida Handwriting Fontstyle. Even amateurs can do it. I dont know why a japanese company cant even hire a good designer/editors.

Their uniforms also are as close replica of the original Aitakatta costume by AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Guess it's a thing in international SG to have kinda bad CD jacket for their first physical release hhh.

6. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I’m really disappointed with how the management is promoting this single. I’m fine with the plain cover but I really hope they at least upload an MV Teaser. In fact, there’s no official announcement of the MV release from their official pages. We fans got to know the dates thru the media articles. I know that they mentioned the dates in the MNL48 app, but when are they going to announce the dates in their facebook/twitter/youtube pages?? The app isn’t that accessible to everyone. I think they also mentioned it in the website, but the non-fans won’t be checking that out though.

I’m really doubtful on this single’s success now that the management is promoting it like this. The girls’ efforts are waisted if they don’t get promoted that well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

While I'm not going to clear the management on this one, I'll put forward some thoughts on some of your points.

I would venture to say that disseminating the info via media articles was the whole point of the press-launch. These things usually happen before the official campaign starts so I would assume that it hasn't started yet. I'm not sure about the MV teasers because those aren't as common here than it is in Japan.

Case in point: everyone inside Movie Stars Cafe for the entirety of the Press Launch has already seen the music video. But it's an exclusive screening, and although @Rayan was streaming that time, he eventually had to take it down. I have footage of the video, but I'm not uploading it as well. That's because HHE and ABS-CBN had other plans for its reveal. They just showed it to us as an exhibit so that we can further spread word about it. So the management isn't really neglecting it, they just have other plans for it.

I believe they are trying to transition us into using the Fan Club App as the official source of news. They're still using the FB page to announce things, but the initial plan is for the app to be a one-stop shop for everything MNL48 and the social media pages are going to be just support. Whether they can successfully do that though, is anyone's guess.

Non-fans won't want to be checking the FB pages for info either, if they're only there to bash the group. Again, more info will be revealed in the coming days. The premiere of the MV is just that: the first official public showing of the MV, and the upcoming Showtime performance isn't a fan event anyway so the expectation is that we will watch Showtime from the comfort of our homes, not flock to the studio. I find it unlikely that a non-fan would even check out the MV on their own volition.

If the promotion is still half-hearted after the MV is unveiled, then yes, I will agree that it will put the commercial success of the single in jeopardy. No one even know that Movie Stars Café was opening until it actually opened. But it's still too early so I'll get back to you in a week or two for that.

8. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Official Youtube Channel release BTS..

if the video does not show watch the video here

Wow as in AKB48 tradition, they're doing there own make up wtf.

• Like Like x 2
  9. dunkindonato

That was first shown in their FB page, in lieu of MNLife. Their YT has been behind in uploading stuff lately. Took them almost a week to upload the last episodes of MNLife/Laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I really hope this single goes well so they can support their advertising and branding. They need a professional and better graphic designer and marketing. Ugh I wish I can apply haha xD (or are they still hiring?)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Holy fruck there’s a lot of AbbyxSela on the Aitakatta MV :worthy:
    Someone leaked a fancam of the MV but I don’t think I’ll post it here to avoid killing the hype. Just a few more days till its official release!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dunkindonato

Oh boy. Someone's going to be pissed at us if it turns out that leak came from the bloggers.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I assume Abby and Sela got Yuko and Takamina's role as the pair running to meet their friend.

Did they respect the rankings in terms of screentime? I hope the kami 7 got better screentime than the other 9.

15. dunkindonato

Some members get good screen-time while others don't. To be honest, measuring their screen-time is probably the last thing on our minds when we were watching it. I think the Kami 7 had a fair amount, at least. But I doubt that's because they're "respecting" the rankings. At least, that's not how the editing seemed to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Tbh, I think Sela and Abby had more screentime than Sheki. But yeah, they pretty much followed the sequence to AKB’s Aitakatta MV

• Like Like x 1
  17. dunkindonato

Okay, just finished my lunch and took a good look at the footage from my personal files.

The Kami 7 all had good screen time. I don't think the rank determined how much screen time it was, but the Kami 7 were prominently featured. How, well, Saturday is just around the corner.

I also think Sheki had the most footage because she's in the intro and ending plus the group shots mostly feature her as well.

It does feel sometimes that Sela and Abby had the most screen-time, although in my opinion, it's still Sheki. No surprise though as they are number one, two, and three respectively.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Lmao, you took lunch at 6PM? (Assuming you’re in PH rn) :blink:

The leak I saw was cut at the outro part so idk what happened after that. And have you noticed that they don’t have solo shots where they lipsync and stuff? That’s what differs them from AKB’s version.

I wonder if Skirt Hirari also has an MV. That song is an AKB single but they’re making it a B-side for Aitakatta? Interesting. :fear:

19. dunkindonato

My work shift is from 1pm to 10pm so my lunch is technically from 5pm to 6pm.

Actually, I didn't. But now that you mention it, yeah. Probably because the current versions seems so fluid and fine that the solo shots weren't included.

Or maybe we were shown an early cut. I honestly don't mind if there are or there aren't solo shots.

20. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Are they going to upload the MV on Youtube this coming saturday (August 18)?? Or will they upload it at the same day of MYX Premier (Aug 31) ??