MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    From what I've been reading, it's a mess. Someone mentioned a preggy participant likening it to Ebisu Muscats when the Muscats are a bad comparison. And then there are girls who openly have contracts with other companies. Sooner or later the MNL48 screening team will be busy at work weeding out the undesirables. They have started it off with the purge this weekend and I found myself laughing as they whittle off a massive chunk of likes on some members.

I've been joining "likeback" FB pages wherein some members give you a like if you like them back, and while this is not flat-out breaking the rules, this is where you start breeding animosity among would-be members; some members are exchanging likes and then retracting the said likes.

I've seen Ella Cruz's sister being openly endorsed in twitter. Nothing there but I smell something fishy, to the tune of @howcome's revelations.

Still, I'm a bit happy one of my bets (oshis) had finally revealed herself on TV. At least there's hope that at least one of bets have some screen time.

2. punlordkaede

punlordkaede Kenkyuusei

dont know who is that source you are referring to
    this is from more than a lone individual
    at the venue there were girls that openly mentioned they were from gpu and were told to join the audition
    like i said the clues have been everywhere for a very long time now

i am not trying to douse anything but they did this with pbb. if you really think this will be career suicide think again this is showbiz people are told to shut up about things. i personally know a former housemate and they always do this same thing for a lot of shows, im surprised aks allowed their voting system with an exploitable website
    that is true, hearsay isnt a good basis but its frustrating to know the truth that you've seen. nobody will believe you since you cant show proof for these things so i had to put it somewhere
    at least someone sees it and can then make the judgement or observation after or else it will just be overlooked
    there are girls im supporting that i think are honest and deserving but imagine how they will feel at the end if this is all a big joke
    thats it
    anyway if the posting bothers you then i apologize but i want people to wake up if people are aware they might be discouraged and stop attempting

3. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Wow her sister is a jpop fan as well? :D

4. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

PBB =/= MNL.

PBB was ABS' turf because they control it 100%, but trying to apply the same assumptions here is bound to cause some conflict of interest. But if they attempt to fix this one for their benefit here, but unless you supply more proof of wrongdoing, you have more witnesses to support your allegations, for now ABS is not supposed to tamper the system just for ratings; their role is supposed to be primarily as a media partner, just as TV Tokyo or Fuji TV merely provides the medium for 48G-related activities because AKS the agency has the final say.

Hell, talk of cheating isn't only a Filipino problem -- anywhere from beauty pageants to political elections -- it's not uncommon for naysayers in 2ch to talk of alleged senbatsu election cheating and rigging for years, yet not formally substantiated enough to cause Japanese government scrutiny.

"Shutting up" is but a part of any business, not just showbusiness, in that it's so competitive and undeniably dog-eat-dog that in that industry it's not uncommon to sign non-disclosure agreements, partly to prevent ideas from being pilfered by a competitor.

Frankly, your former housemate pal should be filing charges and suing ABS in court. And by the way: "first-come, first serve" -- the Japanese have no patience for "Filipino Time".

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  5. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

I believe people are starting to mix MNL48 with Showtime's own planned girl group. They are not the same. MNL48's collaboration with Showtime doesn't go beyond the audition, and Showtime has regularly been doing stuff like this on their own.

What is unfortunate is the timing, with the girl power thing going alongside the MNL48 audition. The guards at the gate didn't even know what audition it was for.

6. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Or probably Girl Power Unite was a group ABS was planning all along before the partnership with AKS for MNL48, but then the partnership came so GPU has to be deprecated and the ones who passed had to go through the system with everyone else, but with some "leverage."

I finally found the video during Showtime where they were interviewing the participants. I've managed to save it but here are the twitter links. See if you can find some notables there:

https://twitter.com/KarylleNewsPH/status/937167912569225216
    https://twitter.com/KarylleNewsPH/status/937170673314566144

7. dunkindonato

That is certainly possible. The only thing working against them would be the eligibility rules which will be enforced when the time comes. Last Saturday, I have seen some applicants coming with what might be talent assistants or managers with large bags containing who knows what.

Only the applicant was let in.

8. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I attended the first day of the grand auditions, and I met a lot of new applicants, including those who passed the auditions for GPU. They were informed via text to visit the venue at 8AM as "callback" for their past audition.

After a batch of applicants had finished performing in the truck, the usual Q & A with one of the MNL48 staff happens, just like what happened the last time I posted. Here were the most frequently asked questions!

1.) How come we were called for MNL48 when we auditioned for Girl Power Unite?
    *Note: Among the 25~30 applicants in our batch, about 15 of them were callbacks for GPU. Thus this was one of the most frequently asked questions.
    The female staff answered that she doesn't know the relationship between GPU and MNL48, but deduced that GPU's mngmnt might be looking for qualified GPU girls that could work out for MNL48.

2.) When will the voting for the first round end?
    *Note: The answer unfortunately varied from batch to batch.
    January/April

3.) When will the program for MNL48 start?
    April (Summer in the PH), so that it wouldn't be a hassle for majority of the applicants, which are students.

4.) Where will be the girls trained?
    Contrary to what Amy Perez said in a UKG news bit regarding MNL48, the applicants will be trained by MNL48 mngmnt in the Philippines.

5.) If the girls that are accepted in the first round are not from Manila, how will they go to Showtime frequently for the taping?
    There is a possibility that ABS-CBN might accommodate them.

6.) Can people apply as graphic designer's for MNL48's official page?
    Yes, you can! Just send a private message to the official page and they will tell you what to do.

I hoped this helped out a lot of people! ^^

9. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    who is girl power unite ?

10. lylesenpai

lylesenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    JESUS! I just wished i should've polished my Photoshopping Skills back in college! T^T

11. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Graphic designers really? For what kind of stuff?

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Seeing the ongoing mess, hopefully never.

13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Which group? TPE took a lot longer since it was first announced several years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dunkindonato

Oh come on man, just let it pass. He's been doing that since ever. :XD:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And the fact that they're letting fans vote on that as well is worrisome.

MNL hasn't even debuted and it already stinks.

Online voting with fake accounts.
    Girls auditioning for a group and getting callbacks from another.
    Girls talking s*** and spreading information/rumours about the others online (like we've seen here).

And so on.

And up there I explained why.

They should have done the whole audition process without the public intervening AT ALL.
    BNK didn't need any of this messery before they chose their girls and they have debuted alright.
    Why is MNL half-assing it so badly? They have no plan and everything they say makes me question every previous step they've taken.

16. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @Trinu, So to put it in a way, TPE48, with the public's involvement, is going on the same path then?

I've acknowledged that the entire MNL48 arrangement is a mess. Saturday's grand auditions and the way they prepared for Team 8's visit here is half-assed, which goes to show how dedicated the network really is.

But to tell us here never to debut? Really?

@Vivienne, thanks for asking those questions. Did you ask on when the voting period will be up till?

17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Frankly, you have this brand-new system which collides with the negative aspects of Filipino culture. I seriously doubt cheaters would make it in one piece physically, though, just like how only a few made it through SAS military commando training.

Of course I will be also expecting staff's closer scrutiny on individual personality, and this'll not be like damn boring PBB.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I haven't seen any TPE girl begging for votes yet, so... not really the same.

How many aspirants have joined S48 and shared their profiles here asking for votes?

AKB and the other SG might use Showroom during auditions and whatever, but the rules are quite strict and you don't see the participants going around asking for people to come into their SR channels.
    Heck, if the girls are smart, they delete everything before even showing their face.

I'm not saying I don't want MNL not to debut, but I do wish AKS pulled the plug out for now and made them start from zero PROPERLY.

The fact that the only consequence of the fake votes we've seen is votes being discounted, I don't see how the girls might suffer anything else?
    Like, why not disqualify them entirely? Show the rest that rules are to be followed.

If girls are doing this during the audition, imagine once they're in.

19. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Vote begging in TPE48 is not in the open, however, the opportunity to jack up the votes of one candidate is the white elephant in the room. It's so easy creating a phony FB account and using that to increase the votes of a candidate.

To be honest, it is extremely wrong on HHE's side to create this baby Senbatsu of some sorts and yes, I've been on some FB pages, but if the votes are indeed a barometer for 1st Gen, at least, we can raise up our arms if ever a shoo-in mysteriously appears because the application is out there for everyone to see.

BTW, is Steven Galupo still up to creating MNL48 articles for the Back2Gaming website? I've been waiting for the next write-up.

20. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    Saw him in the AKB48 press con along with Filwota48 admin so he might do a write up.

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.