Naked Boys - THE MALE AKB48!?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Japanime_1, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    SO I wasn't sure where to talk about this. But since this is a general discussion area and it sort of concerns AKB48, I hope it's okay to post it here? I'd just like to know people's views and opinions on this news I just happened to find today.

[​IMG]

"Naked Boys"...what a group name.

What? Seriously, what are they trying to do??

Can I laugh? I think I will. I just did the moment I saw and read about this.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDxImZuxCg[/yt]

Here's a more thorough English article about them from ANN. / Official Site.

The article states: [The self-described "male AKB48" group has 44 members and plans to perform several times a year from their "base" at the Live Hall Face in western Tokyo's Shinjuku ward. (By comparison, the all-female AKB48 idol group is situated in eastern Tokyo's Akihabara otaku shopping district.)]

Debut with 44 members already and they're saying they're the male counterparts to AKB??

Pssh, no offense but they can never be like AKB (and I'm not just saying that because they're guys instead of girls and I'm a biased fan right now with mixed feelings). I hope they're not just riding the popularity wave of AKB and milking it with a bunch of "ikemens".

I thought that's what Johnny's is for. (Unless I don't know and this IS Johnny's...). Nah, doesn't say so. (o_O)

Either way, they better stay in their Shinjuku base or whatever and stay clear of Akihabara and co. But then again...alot of our girls love shopping...the Shinjuku ward being one of their favorite places to do so... ...damn. :|

Well, we'll see how this goes. Oh, and don't take my bashing on them too seriously. :^^;:
    I do admit there are some pretty good-looking guys, SOME bodies are nice too (I won't deny I sort of spazzed at that guy's abs). And that one boy at the end of the featured video is WHAT!? 16!? And I thought Takamina was short for her age...I guess the shota-cons will go for him. lol.

What do you guys think about Naked Boys? HELLZ YES or FFFF NO?? lol.

2. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

well this is a "HELLZ NO" for me. but how does this concern AKB48?
    They are only comparing it to them, as far as i can see your information.

3. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    Just because they're saying they're the male-AKB I thought I'd just like to see what everyone thinks.
    That's why I was unsure of posting/talking about it here. =/ *runz away* :fear:

4. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

btw what is your opinion of the group itself?

5. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    Huh? I stated my opinion of the group in my post up there...lol.
    If you're asking for an accurate yes or no, I'm pretty meh about them right now but I am leaning more towards "NO, thank you" for Naked Boys. Maybe ikemen fans will get a kick outta 'em. Who knows.

6. Azunyan

Azunyan Kenkyuusei

i lol`d hard when i saw the name of their group xD + D: they are nothing compared to AKB48

7. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

i don't think they will be a real threat to akb. i think they will be more of a threat to the male groups (or whatever you call those) out there.

but starting with 44 members immediately will probably lead them to the same problems as those really big groups that have collapsed before. though the playing field is a lot different now with akb kind of dominating japan right.

and umm... i vote for this thread should be moved to the news and releases subforum. or we can just create a giant thread for things related to akb such as the JKB48 thing, this one, the AKB4 group now holding auditions, that group that once said that they are going to become the rivals of akb but never got heard of again, etc.

8. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    See, I wasn't sure where to post about this. But if it would work better for the news/releases subforum, I hope a MOD sees this and moves it.

And I agree that NB won't be a threat to AKB at all- it's just that hearing about this is so sudden and random.

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    (Moved topic...)

I'm actually really, really excited about this group. Financially, I can't believe they already have their 44 members. But I'm still working on figuring out a favorite.

I don't like the name, though. Not at all. It's crass.

10. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Is it me or did that lady have to most aggrivating voice in the world? I don't think they're a theat to 48 and I doubt that they will get popular

11. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    Considering that "lady" used to be a gentleman. :hehe:

12. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Kurokawa Tim reminds me of Tomochin.
    [​IMG]

All of the members are from agencies (including like 10 from Stardust, one of the biggest acting ones), so that probably made compiling the members a bit easier.

13. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

^ lol he does look like her with the teeth and everything lol

i actually wanted this, but done by akimoto. PLEASE DO IT T_T.

plus the name alone screams cheap. and the guys aren't pretty D=

14. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    To be fair, profile pictures are usually awful. Every time a 48 group gets new members we're like "lulz they're so ugly" until we see them perform.

15. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

wow,a male group finally [shock]
    but come on,is it really that hard to come up with a formal sounded name?
    u know u cant tell ppl I like naked boyz [whew]

16. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

If AKB48 is well known for its seifuku, I wonder what will make them special that fans may even bother about them. Size alone would not impress the fans or at least me. Let's wait for their performance.

I would still say that the very soul of AKB48 is their daily performance hence such big group will surely fail (managing five is already difficult).

They need to have at least six-packed torso to impress the girls. Watching them wearing skimpy jeans and topless (and even Speedo) will not produce the same effect as watching AKB48 with lingerie.

17. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^I feel like while super-muscular bodies are always a plus, Japanese culture doesn't necessarily need them. Just look at JE. The vast majority of them are just slim.

18. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

that's not my only problem though.

the age range is way too big (16-30 D= !!) and they just don't look good enough (the project overall not the looks), and like i said there. i don't like cheap fakes. give me the original one, akip.

akip would be the only way i could fell the music may actually turn to be great and not like a JE ripoff.

19. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

that's pretty much the same age range when Nontii and Meetan where in the group though.

Anyways, I like to see them perform before giving an opinion on them. But having 44 members straight out is a bit of a strain isn't it?

20. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think some people are misunderstanding what these guys'll be doing. Even though they called themselves the male AKB, they aren't even focusing on singing. From what I can tell they'll mostly be doing acting.