NBA Anyone?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by jrongow, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jrongow

jrongow Kenkyuusei

Not sure if this thread is gonna kick off... But gotta give it a try anyways. Basketball is a fav sport of mine, n thus watching NBA is a pasttime of mine and playing in NBA is just a daydream of mine.. :lol:
    I'm not subscribed to cable here in Singapore, but I do watch the matches via SopCast if possible, or simply just read the box scores from Yahoo! Sports. Kinda disappointed I didn't get to watch the recent All-Star game... Sigh :(

Anyways, my top 5 fav teams in the NBA:
    1. Phoenix Suns
    2. Boston Celtics
    3. San Antonio Spurs
    4. Cleveland Cavaliers
    5. Denver Nuggets

I'm not even gonna start on my top 5 fav NBA players, cause I just admire too many of them.

2. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

Wow probably the 1st sport thread here: anyways to help this thread:
    top 5 teams:
    1) Toronto (hometown bias)
    2) LA lakers
    3) Portland
    4) Detroit
    5) Dallas (only cause i feel bad for them)
    I know most of the teams other than LA or detroit have a legitimate chance of winning this year but oh well.

3. hillshire

hillshire Kenkyuusei

@jrongow: did you get to watch the slam dunk contest? you need to watch it!

NBA? i only like phoenix - the o'neal trade was so dumb - and new orleans 'cause of chris paul

if you like the NBA make sure you check our March Madness - the elite 8 is on and i love the tar heels!

4. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

Hmm...its been years since the last time I watch an NBA game. Guess it was when Shaq still plays for Lakers. Then on I just read it from sport columns.
    Fave team? Lakers that day of course : )
    ^
    ^
    No, this is not the first sport thread here. Its here somewhere in the pile of General forum. There's when I know gideon123 knows capoira(Is that correctly spelled?)

5. jrongow

jrongow Kenkyuusei

Oh yea.. I did!!! Howard's Superman dunk was so cool... He jumped off from such a distance his hand didn't even touch the rim when he dunked. But I still prefer the first dunk... his windmill dunk. That was just pure impossible...

6. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

finally someone starts an NBA thread up, i was going to but got too lazy to do it, plus i am immersed with so much other stuff thesedays.

I love Phx Suns, but they are a much different team with Shaq now, i dont know where to begin. I hope the GSW get into the playoffs, but the Western Conference is way too tough. Lakers look tough and got a good chance to go deep in the playoffs when they get more healthy.

7. arvindwight33

arvindwight33 Kenkyuusei

finally some basketball topic hahaha......

KOBE FOR MVP... i know CP3 is Good but KB24 is better

I go for these teams for playoff:

1. Lakers
    2. Rockets
    3. Raptors @gyan yay! hom bias too
    4.Cavaliers
    5.76sers

I bet Lakers to the Finals from the west...i dont care about the east

8. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

with the West being so competitive,

its anyone's game...

Lakers - Denver series should be interesting.

I am rooting for PHX, when they play the Spurs, but we all know they are the defending champions of last year, despite not playing as well this year.

Dallas looks weak this year, despite acquiring J. Kidd., but i think N.Orleans could take that series.

Utah to host Houston Rockets, i hope Jazz take it, but Rockets are still quite tough as they showed in their 22 win streak during this season.

In the East, i think it is all Boston, Detroit...Orlando will probably advance in their series against Toronto, and it is a toss up btw Cleveland and Washington.

9. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

Dallas falls big against New Orleans, now down 0-2, same with Phx Suns and their series with the defending champion Spurs, Suns down 0-2. statistically teams down 0-2 lose the series 94% of the time, down and out, next.

10. hillshire

hillshire Kenkyuusei

the 76ers - Pistons series is getting really interesting!

and um...everyone thought the suns trading for o'neal was a dumb idea...i guess it really was that marion didn't want to play in phoenix anymore?

cheering on NO and chris paul for sure

11. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

NO and C. Paul is going to take that series against the stumbling Mav's, they look weak.

Pistons sent a message back to Sixers, and they are going to even the series up heading to Philly.

Boston should take that series easily against Hawks, next...

Spurs show domination, and will prevail against Suns, but maybe suns will win just one game.

12. chcltmoney2

chcltmoney2 Kenkyuusei

As much of a Laker fan I am (hometown team), I'm beginning to like the Celtics just because I love Kevin Garnett :D

13. hillshire

hillshire Kenkyuusei

well the first half of the sixers game was close!

boston against hawks = easy win

and gosh if marion still played for phoenix they'd be at least tied 1-1 i think =(

14. arvindwight33

arvindwight33 Kenkyuusei

Magic - Raptors
    man i still have hope for raptors grrr CB4 trying to be a hero on the last game and then again Howard is playing like Garnett. its going to be 2-1 next game

Spurs-Suns
    I HATE Spurs i never like them i want suns to win but Shaq made it worst grrrr!!!

Mavs - Hornets
    CP3 should win this series, mavs sucks ever since jason kidd got there

Sixers - Piston
    Let the young players win .Detroit is always in the playoffs. i favor sixers AI9.

Lakers - Nuggets
    I go for MVP KB24, even though i like nuggets, Lakers have to win.

Rockets - Jazz
    What happen to the rockets?????

Celtics - Hawks
    ahh easy win for celtics

15. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

Spurs are a good discipline, quiet, work-horse, in your face great team that you just LOVE TO HATE!!! Of course they will probably repeat this year, but to my joy and delight will be the day when they get DE-THRONED!!!!

Spurs-Suns, can you say SWEEP!!!! Suns got bigger, and even worse by acquring Shaq this year, they lack in, pretty much every category, bag this team as much as i love the Sun's, their style of play and team, has made me disappointed again this year, and it shows in the playoffs.

Pistons-Sixers, much to my delight, Pistons may not prevail, 1 down, another team i hate to go? being the Spurs. Sixers, i hope they pull a miracle, but somehow i feel it will not happen. Maybe the next opponent Pistons face they will shut them down and down with the Pistons.

Lakers-Denver series, a good one: all offense, emotion octane in your face trashing talking, lousy defense Nuggets, lets see if they hold serve, or they get swept by the better Team with Kobe and Company.

Celtics-Hawks, YAWNNNN, get the brooms out! its all green here. Maybe Celtics might actually beat the Spurs in 7? or get swept by the Spurs since they are so damn tough.

Toronto-Orlando, Bosh versus Howard, land of the giants, who will come out looking like utraman versus godzilla as the victor!!

Jazz-Houston, McGrady finally showed up, and stunned the Utah homecourt, let's see if Utah wakes up and regains control in the driver seat, cause they will have to go back to Houston for game 5, atleast.

Dallas-N.Orleans - can you say the Chris Paul show? he schooled Dallas so many times, Dallas, well they woke up in Game#3, having their backs against the wall....ppl are saying the Kidd trade made them worse, i kinda believe it. Let's see if Dallas can respond again like they did in their only win at home.

Washinton and Cav's, to me a boring series...do you think Lebron can get his ring? not with this team.

16. hillshire

hillshire Kenkyuusei

^

Spurs - Suns: poor suns but at least the chances of SA winning aren't that high! Boston is rigged

I would LOVE to see the sixers win it all

17. leumas

leumas Kenkyuusei

qilver - Awesome analysis above. You seemed to sum up a lot of what I also thought about the first round match-ups.

I personally would love to see Cleveland in the finals again this year. I really like Lebron! They need some redemption for last year.

Boston is awesome but they have had their hands full with Atlanta for some reason in the playoffs!? They didn't loose to them the entire regular season too.

That second round San Antonio vs. New Orleans series should be pretty good! I agree hillshire... SA has an uphill battle ahead of them.

18. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

thanks for the input, my analysis might be a bit off, but it works...hahah

Kobe and MVP, oh yeah!

Cleveland and Detoit, how fun...lol, who knows, i'll guess Pistons this time, as they finally wake up and stop goofing off which almost costed them an early exit against the Sixers in round one, to avoid embarrassment, they finally woke up and went to work.

Spurs and New Orleans, it would be an extreme joy to see Spurs swept away by N.O. but highly unlikely as Spurs are too damn tough, i'd say Spurs in 5, but i hope N.O. pulls out some surprises, cause i don't think Tony Parker can contain Chris Paul, but then again, can Chris contain Tony Parker. Its a team effort, and Spurs are truly a team to beat, i just don't think any team can beat the Spurs as much as i hate them. I would find great satisfaction if any team beat them, except the boring overconfident Pistons who i hate as well. Do we have a Spurs Pistons finals, with Spurs winning it, yet again, ho-hum.

Lakers and Utah Jazz, Jazz rolled over the Warriors last year in Round 2, as GSW had no answer for Darron Williams and the big front line of Boozer, Okur, and Kirilenko. I am going to guess Jazz will have a tougher time against Lakers, Lakers will win in 6 or 7.

Celtics will prevail in Game 7, but it will be close. Then onto round 2, against Orlando. Orlando will pull an upset in 6 games. I just don't think Celtics after observing their difficulty showing dominance and tougher defense as i observed during the regular season. KG is a tough force,so is Ray Allen and Pierce, but do they have an answer for Howard and his crew? we shall see.

19. dynamite

dynamite Kenkyuusei

I hope to see the Lakers and the Celtics in the finals. Like back in the old days of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. I'm really sad to see my Mavs go but they sucked the whole season.

20. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

Spurs and Jazz in their prospective series, as predicted, won on their home floors, and tied up their series, its been a home series so far...who's going to choke now...