Single Nogizaka46 35th Single [Chance wa Byoudou] (2024.04.10)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Feb 12, 2024.

1. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Under song mv opinion,
    cliche school theme mv with the center going around school and the classic walking together scene but it was very well done filming with the good location, the film style are good. Same location spot as Otona e no Chikamichi I think. Probably more location spot usage than the main song mv lmao.
    The song itself is the usual nogi style song, I said on prev singles they should stop making too much of it as its too repetitive but I actually like the song this time. Good melody line, kinda bring me back when they release nogi like song that actually feels "new" not just a total mix of old songs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Good song, i love the vibe it gives. Breezeful and cool autumn of your 3rd year high school.

This opinion is biased since many of my Nogi oshis are in under this time but i think this MV has way more charisma and also better filmography than chance wa byoudou. Plus, this is the strongest under line up in a while.

We need more songs and mvs like this. It has nogizaka footprint but doesn´t try to be another syncronicity.

4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Its been a long time under not doing school-themed MV.
    I love these last 2 singles under going full idol song after back to back with cool/melancholy songs.

5. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Aahhh... I love under song and mv. Classic Nogi vibe, like old days when 1st and 2nd gen still around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    song is okay.. good but a bit boring.
    MV looks nice.. very youthful.

as for the formation oh well.. i guessed wrong after all lol..
    still bit mixed feeling about this.

7. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    You called it! I compared the rooftop scene, as well as the hallway fire extinguisher scene. . .probably the scene with the basketball court as well. The school is abandoned now, but imagine how special those girls must have felt to stand in the exact same places as their senpais in such a deeply spiritual and historic place!

Coordinates: 35.055103801584245, 138.88862913124075

My Japanese friend that lives in Shizuoka just did a pilgrimage there on his YT channel and found many of the filming spots; they also used another school just south of there (near where they were walking by the boats, which is a few miles away).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. manamonn

manamonn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井玲奈、田村真祐、池田英紗、宮田愛萌、佐藤美波
    7th round of sales

3rd gen:
    Hazuki: 2/30
    Riria: 1/30
    Kaede: 1/30
    Reno: 1/15 (+1)
    Tamami: 0/30
    Ayano: 0/30

4th gen:
    Sakura: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Kaki: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Mayu: 30/30 (4th round)
    Saya: 30/30 (4th round)
    Yumiki: 30/30 (4th round)
    Ayame: 28/30 (+7)
    Kuromi: 16/30 (+2)
    Runa: 7/30 (+2)
    Rei: 2/20 (+1)
    Rika: 2/30
    Mio: 1/30
    Miyu: 0/30
    Yuna: 0/25

5th gen:
    Nagi: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Teresa: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Aruno: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Miku: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Ioki: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Nao: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Sakura: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Satsuki: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Aya: 30/30 (4th round)
    Iroha: 6/15 (+2)
    Hina: 0/30

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

That mv is filmed in Numazu City , Shizuoka

• Like Like x 1
  10. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    First-day and first-week sales prediction.
    1st day - 490k-500k
    1st week - 600k-620k

It feels like the release date is still long when it is only about four more days.

11. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I'm surprised we have yet to hear any of the other songs therefor I'm bearish...

1st day: 337K
    1st week: 413K

12. clafelallerizu

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    honestly i sure hope it hit 450k 1st day at the very least..
    so maybe 510-525 for 1st week

this is Yama grad single after all. but..
    the reception online has been not good.. so i'm kinda worried.

but really this single is slow.

13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    From before their appearance on Venue 101...

venue_101_20240406_small .jpeg

It's a country style outfit! But what is Mizuki wearing in her hair? They were all quite cute. I caught the performance and found Kakki and Kikki quite cute.

14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Quite the strange outfit especially Mizuki’s headdress. I’m thinking cowboy burlesque? It’s always a treat to see Ikuchan interacting with the group.

15. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

What do u think about the new costume lately? Nogizaka skirt has been shorter and shorter now and belly revealing

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think they have been using similar outfit style since long time ago. Route 246 was also quite revealing. Or, Girls Rule outfit in the past was also the same.

17. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

Route246 is revealing? I wonder why I don’t feel like that, because it’s short and not skirt? Well, nogizaka early era (when IKoma was still center) is kinda shorter indeed. It’s like the concept that maiyan and nanase built for nogi hasn’t been established well at the beginning. I don’t know, I just feel like lately nogizaka has created another concept that suits for 5ki more than the old concept.

18. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    I've been enjoying listening to this song; like many of Nogizaka's unit songs and classics (and even the latest Senbatsu single), the writers and composers always enjoy deep-diving into long-forgotten musical archives in order to re-discover yesterdays popular sounds (and breathe new life into them for younger generations).

I couldn't quite put my finger on it for awhile, but I suspect the inspiration for this latest Under song comes from Jeff Lynne's group "Electric Light Orchestra" (or "ELO" as it was sometimes known). Though not an exact copy of any one song or sound, anyone who has ever sampled the entirety of 1977's "Out Of The Blue" album could easily imagine this song could have been included (at least the instrumental background part).

Thoughts?

19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Route246 short maybe is not that revealing. But, the crop top show more than it needed imo. Moreover, there are many dance moves where member raise their arms showing their belly and even some part of their bra. They wear something like sports bra, though, but I have never seen Nogi perf outfit that show a lot of members upper body like that.
    As for recent outfit, I think they try to follow the trend, kpop trend. The crop top and short/hot pant or miniskirt is the kpop standard uniform. I don't mind, though, but I also feel somehow miss their elegance modest outfit. Something like Monopoly outfit is good for me or even better, Synchronicity outfit.
    The 5ki concept is different than the original Nogi concept. They still have Nogi beauty. But, the mature and oneesan vibe Nogi has before is gone or haven't developed yet. I feel likes they are more cute, sweet, highscool student vibe. It is reasonable because they are still young. So, I can only put my hope on the oldest 5ki members to grow mature and become new HK3 + new Misa Senpai. Maybe after 6ki enter, we will see many aunties appear among 5ki.[hehe]

20. clafelallerizu

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    okay after listening too songs in the single. my ranking of the songs in this single..
    Ato7 > Salvia > Jaane > Bunbuku > Shadogawa > Chance.