Ogino Yuka (Ogiyuka) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I think Ogiyuka is kinda over doing auditions. She has gone through 5/6 years of boot camp training and auditions and I don't think she wants to do another so soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    5 years of boot camp? What kind of activity she did before join NGT?

3. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The intensive training you have to go through for every audition.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That is how long she has tried to get into 48, before being drafted into NGT.

And as mentioned before. Auditions tend to be a grueling affair. Though I would not liken it to the "boot camps" as seen on Nemousu TV.

5. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    wow, 5 years of trying
    She want to be an idol that bad, huh

6. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I think it was 5 years for 48G but she's actually had over 100 auditions since she was really young

I think this is an A+ read for people that want to know the different stages she and her family went through during this time, it's very awe-inspiring. From her mom making her go to auditions, her dad disapproving, to her deciding she she really wants to be an idol, doing in secret from her father at some points/crying and begging him to approve later, years of practicing on her own/hours and hours after school dedicated to this, failing time after time after time/family fights/depression/skipping school for days, to her giving up, her father changing his mind and taking her himself to the auditions, and more. It was wild ride but an amazing story. Long read but I recommend it, there's lots of turning points so read it to the end

https://9917km.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/ngt48-ogino-yuka-idol-and-read-012/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. Treima

Treima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    What a splendid interview. She talks a lot about how she doesn't see herself as an idol on par with the likes of Suda Akari and Mayuyu but her answers were on par with some of the best interviews I've heard from any idol. I had no idea why she was so massively popular, but I feel like I have a much better picture now.

Big ups to the translator too, the word choice felt very natural, something that is notoriously difficult to do when translating Japanese.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Tonight Ogiyuka made a poll if people agree if she cuts her hair short. Most people voted that she should keep her hair short.

Well, if she cuts her hair short, would look like Ushigome Rimi, a character of Bang Dream. 641Rimi-Ushigome-Pure-Beautiful-Kitten-HqYwsY.png

I voted for long. At least she has to keep her bangs forever. it's iconic.

9. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    ...what, how are there so many twats.

10. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Have just watched the Teacher Teacher MV.
    Is it just me or did Ogiyuka appear just one time for a full second, and several barely half a second screentime?

11. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    That's just how it goes. When you have 16+ girls in a PV, only a few girls end up with serious screen time.

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Isn't Ogiyuka 2nd or 3rd row?

13. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Only 3-5 girls usually get more than a couple seconds of screen time in a PV. The center and 2-4 girls on either side of her.

14. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Shiroma Miru, Suda Akari and Takahashi Juri all had more full 1 second screentime.

She's supposed to be Media Senbatsu, accdg to stage48 wiki

15. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Sometimes shots just don't end up working out or looking that good and they cut and edit to make it look as interesting and good as possible. It sucks that she didn't get more time but that's just how it is sometimes. It's not like when they make the senbatsu they decide exactly how much time each member will get.

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    @Cisalpine88 is there any physical store selling Potekoro Friend ferret plush toy? Someone is gonna go to Japan on July. I'd ask him to buy that. How much it costs?

17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @hrs0722
    Still looking for one, I see... Unfortunately all that I know has already been posted before. I may be wrong but as far as I see, the whole plushie series is not for direct sale anywhere (which means no physical stores) and it's available only as a prize in the crane games at game centers, the Ogiyuka fans I see on Twitter got their own this way in fact.
    Anyway, if you search even just for ぽてコロ フェレット on Rakuten, Mercari, Buyee, or Yahoo Auction you'll find out there's always some people who won it and are looking to sell it (in fact, you can find some of the listings just by searching the terms on Google Images). The asking price may vary, also depending on the size, but I have seen people selling the big version (Ogiyuka's Saburo is the keychain version, for the record) even for as low as 500 yen, like this recent listing over here.
    I argue that turning to a proxy forwarding service for help is the best and easiest way to get it when you live outside of Japan. I'm not familiar with Japanese forwarding services like Tenso, but you can always contact one, give them a link to the listed item you want to buy, and then have them buy and send it over to your country for you. Unfortunately I have never used such services, so my knowledge on it ends here, sorry... ('・ω・')

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    If you google you can find some online shops that resell the plushies that normally stock the UFO catchers. There's even an online store in NZ that has the ferret.

19. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Yesterday I worked part time as a security staff on 2 shoot event and I was positioned at NGT’s booths. Damn she got unlimited energy, from 9am to 8pm she greeted her fans with full energy. No wonder she’s the most profitable NGT48 member

• Like Like x 4
  20. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Not surprising. She wanted to be an idol and kept trying long after nearly any other human would have given up. She's a good girl and is thankful for what she has.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2