On Location... (where in the world is Nogizaka46?)

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by IkoSayu, Dec 30, 2014.

1. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Well I've got this stupid (thus essential) idea while watching the Yubi Bouenkyou MV for the 1000th times... where did they shoot this video ?
    So I'll try to find the places where Nogis have been for MV or show. If you can help me, be my guest ! ;) :)
    I'll edit the post and will try to add items like real pictures of the sites or maps to get there.

First of all, it seems common knowledge for most of us but one must know that, unless the 48s, Nogizaka46 is not theater based. They perform in numerous venue, mainly in the Kanto region but not only of course.
    Nogizaka is managed by Sony Music Entertainment in the SME Nogizaka Building (not the headquarter in Rokubanchou). The building is in Minato ward in Tokyo. Closest station is Nogizaka Station. The Imperial Palace is not so far away so it's worth stopping by. The auditions were held in this building… I think you get the « why the name is Nogizaka46 ? » (the 46 being a pun with the 48s).
    You can see the building entrance and some of the surroundings in Nogizakate doko ep 10.

vlcsnap-2015-02-07-18h23m45s81.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-07-18h23m49s113.jpg

Nogizaka Station :

vlcsnap-2015-02-07-18h26m39s22.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-02-07-18h26m33s223.jpg (should remind you of something if you bought the album)

I begin with an easy one. :)

MV:

Aitakatta kamoshirenai :

On this one, Nogis just took the same road as the AKBs and went south to Tateyama in Chiba prefecture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (map made by the city of Tateyama)

1-Sunosaki Lighthouse :
    [​IMG]

2-Nakofunakata Station :
    [​IMG]

Credits and source : Nogizaka Journal, Supermerlion

Yubi Bouenkyou

Remember those lovelies members, oops, I meant sceneries ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This MV has been shot on Izu Oushima island (伊豆大島)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Senba stratum section. In fact very close to a road :D

[​IMG]

Conveniently close to Tokyo this famous house of Godzilla (I learnt something) can be reached by boat from Takeshiba sanbashi pier near Hamamatsuchou Station (2hrs with high speed jet catamaran). The fan eager to leave the city but not without keeping the essence of Nogizaka46 (eg me :p ) will appreciate this Stratovolcano (of course, you will make sure there is no typhoon nearby because the island is a favorite of them :p ). The place is quite drenched all around the year so filming there was probably tricky.

PS: official tourist leaflet. Tokai Kisen Informations

Credit : SUPER☆LeMON

Kizuitara Kataomoi

This heartbreak MV was shot in the south of Tokyo in Yokohama.

The dance routine were shot in the Japan Express building near the port (closest station is Nihonodori Station). I quote the (great) source :
    "The tower with a green dome behind is Yokohama Custom House and you can see it in the opening of the MV."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    https://goo.gl/maps/Xu6ah

Source : SMZ48

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Yubi Bouenkyou was shot on Izu Ooshima.

Nice island for people who wanna see a volcano but can't be bothered to climb for hours.

3. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Thanks ! I'll take some times to find some informations about this great spot ! :)

4. SMZ48

SMZ48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Hi, this is interesting thread, @IkoSayu !
    I went to one of the locations for 'Kizuitara Kataomoi' near the port of Yokohama. The Japan Express building is used for the lesson studio. The tower with a green dome behind is Yokohama Customs and you can see it in the opening of the MV.
    mk05.jpg mk06.jpg mk04.jpg
    https://goo.gl/maps/Xu6ah

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Awesome! Thanks a lot !!

6. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Look, this sounds DUMB, but where do the NGZK46 even perform? Do they even do stage shows like the other 48G?
    I read something about Mini-Lives, but surely they must have a homebase like the AKB theatre or Sunshine Sakae, right?

What I'm asking is...where is Nogizaka46?
    My initial guess is around Tokyo, only because they shoot Nogibingo sometimes
    HELP PLS

7. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Emmm, no... Nogizaka doesn't have a theater, neither stages. (Well, there's is the "principal no 16nin" but that's a special stage play).
    All the lives are played on events.

8. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Nogizaka46 is not theater based. They work like any other music group in fact. They do perform at numerous venue and tour just like H!P and others idols group does.
    One can say that it's the 48's that work "out of the box" by having a theater. ;)

Edit: one minute late ! :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  9. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    If you wonder where Nogizaka actually is though, it's in Minato-ku, Tokyo, right between Aoyama and Roppongi.

Sony Music Entertainment, which manages both the group as well as their label, has their HQ building there, and that's also where the very first auditions took place.
    Hence their name.

10. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you @Crossheart @IkoSayu @SUPER☆LeMON for the help !!!

Now...do the girls travel on "tours" to do shows, like on a bus? Or they just do a mini-live every so often? I'd expect most of the NGZK46 girls to have moved to the Tokyo area to be within distance of Nogibingo/Nogizakatte Doko tapings...I didn't really think about this until I found out Nanasemaru is from Osaka <3 Just kinda assumed, y'know?

11. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    All full members have moved to Tokyo.
    Kenkyuusei Ayane Suzuki did attend school in Akita before, but she's been really active recently so there's a chance she's moved down too.

They travel for tours and handshake event, though most of the time they just visit Tokyo, Nagoya and Kyoto. They've performed twice in Fukuoka and once in Sapporo.

Their one-man concert schedules have more or less become regularized:

Debut anniversary concert every year, February 22
    16nin no Principal - late Spring (This is a musical, new one every year.)
    Nationwide summer tour - This is when they tend to visit more distant areas. May end with a big final closer to Autumn.
    Winter/Xmas live - December

Within this period, they also appear at loads of other music events together with other big artists. Some that get broadcasted on TV, and some that don't. Locations for these vary.

Also
    Starting last year, Unders (+ kenkyuusei) do a live series every single. Full 2+ hour lives with live vocals and all that jazz. Up until now these have been held in live houses / performing theatres in Shibuya and Roppongi, although they ended the last season at Ariake Coliseum.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Nogizaka girls are generally from all over Japan. The same type of distribution as the original AKB members.

From what I know (I'm not an expert on lives because I haven't been in Japan since I entered the fandom):
    The 16nin no Principal performances were held in PARCO theatre, Shibuya (season one ~500 people); Akasaka ART Theatre in Minato, Tokyo (season two and three ~1300 people); with season two having performances in Umeda Arts Threatre in Osaka as well (~1900 people).

There has been one season per year so far, and the seasons have increased from ~10 originally to just over 20 performances in season three.

13. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Anyone knows where 13nichi no Kinyoubi MV is? It looks like a good place to chill lol. Will definitely go there if I get to Japan.

14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Yokohama Bayside Marina. Yokohama's answer to Tokyo's Odaiba.

15. jeeevas

jeeevas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
  16. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
  17. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    made some updates thanks to your help. ;)

18. SMZ48

SMZ48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    In 'Romance no Start', the restaurant scene where Ikoma-chan is working was taken at the cafe named Flamingo in Shibuya.
    I went to the shop and found the place was dark and smokey ( I don't recommend to non-smokers ), seemed totally different from the one in the MV. They have that impressive lips drawing on the wall and several mirror balls hanging from the ceiling.

In front of the shop there are steps where Naachan went up. At the same place, several cuts of the MV 'Sekai de Ichiban Kodoku na Lover' were shot.

http://cafe-flamingo.com

flamingo01.jpg flamingo02.jpg

19. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Kimi wa Boku to Awanai Hou ga Yokatta no Kana MV was filmed in Ueda City, Nagano Prefecture.

Opening scene is by Chikuma River with red bridge in background (Ueda Kōtsū Bessho line)
    image.jpg

Izakaya is Robatayaki Yukimura next to Ueda Station
    http://tabelog.com/nagano/A2004/A200401/20009403/
    image.jpg

The pancake cafe where HoshiMina filmed her 10th single PV is Pancake Cafe Clover's in Daikanyama (a short walk from Daikanyama Station). There's a quaint Mexican restaurant across the street that I occasionally go to.
    http://www.daikanyama-pancake.jp
    image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  20. SMZ48

SMZ48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I finally went to the sacred place of "Hoka no Hoshi kara" which is included in the single "Girl's Rule" type C.

The slope Naachan is climbing up in the beginning of the MV is called "Ousaka", it's really steep.
    This spot is very near to the Sony Music Ichigaya. In the central Tokyo but a quiet residential area, in front of Institu Français.

slope.png EHEF03.jpg

After looking up at the foot of the hill and glancing from the top, I moved to Kinozen, the anmitsu parlour which is mentioned in the song.
    EHEF04.jpg
    http://www.kinozen.co.jp

It was a casual Friday evening but the shop was fairly crowded. I was incredibly lucky to have the seat from where I could take a photo in the exact same angle as the music video.
    Although I'm not very good at sitting on tatami floor, I recommend this shop for foreign visitors to experience Japanese sweets (They have chairs, too).
    naachan.png EHEF05.jpg

I didn't know exactly what Naachan is eating in the MV, I ordered basic anmitsu for 777yen.
    anmitsu.png EHEF06.jpg
    It seems Naachan is eating cream animitsu, perhaps it is anmitsu with ice cream.

Last edited: May 24, 2015