TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Can anyone explain the timeline of events that we should expect? In terms of how far in advance the show is recorded, how many separate times (if they are separated) the participants are training/filming/performing, etc. And would it likely be accurate to say the first few episodes' footage is already recorded? I watched the first half of produce 101 to get a general idea of what to expect but I noticed things like some participants changing their hair color and stuff between events so would that imply there is a gap between when they're doing activities for the show? Also does voting happen as the show is on, or beforehand based on footage available elsewhere? Basically does everything between eliminations happen while it's airing? Sorry for so many questions, really just want to know more of what to expect from the general outline of the show formula, so would appreciate if someone more knowledgeable could fill me in. =)

edit: phone typo

• Like Like x 2
  2. YuriNyanChan

YuriNyanChan Kenkyuusei

Milky :cute: I miss her so much. On the contrary Momo is more a 48G member imo, she and Sana would fit well in NMB48 (both of them from Kansai too). Now that I think about it Mina is qualified to be part of Fukujin in Nogi.

And thank you! Yes I also wanted to recommend the summer single (the most fun songs!) but then they will say AKB is all about bikini lol I'm too lazy to create my own thread :^O^::^^;:

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    As idolish as they are, i just can’t see how Sana & Momo would fit into 48G. Mina tho, she would be perfect for Nogi. Sana too. Momo looks like she could do good in MM

4. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    What should you expect.
    Evaluation of the trainees' singing and dancing talent in first few episodes. Afterwards, performances in some performances. And for the other parts, probably the practice sessions or the teacher teaching them will be flimed.
    And the last 2 episodes are the most exciting one.
    Separate times, I'm sorry that I can't answer this, but I assure you that there's a lot of cameras filming them as I see the performance in the show.
    And by the way, not to worry about it, the performances throughout the show as it will be uploaded online by Mnet. And even though there is doing activities for the show, but it will be edited out or broadcasted it in a couple of seconds or minutes.(I'm not sure about this.)
    But it will be uploaded on their YouTube channel as long as it's produce 48 related.
    Voting happens when the show is on. So if you want to vote, please watch the timing, or best, get a international clock as the time in Korea is different in some countries. So please, please, check the time.
    So basically, for the general outline of the show based on Season 1 and 2, first 2 episodes will be on evaluation, the rest will be performances, practice, practice, learning stuff about what's expected of them, performances again and not to forget the saddest part, eliminations and finally, the last one, the ranking and reveal the line up of the final group.
    Nope, it's okay. Feel free to ask.
    I will try to answer you as much as I can

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    It kinda goes like this (according to the past seasons)

Episode 1-2: 1st & Re-evaluation of grades.
    Episode 3-10: Group performances (includes covers & original tracks) and Eliminations.
    Episode 11: Finals.
    Episode 12--- : Special episodes featuring the finalists.

- Other clips (such as backstage, unaired clips, members' TV, etc.) are uploaded on MNET's official YT.
    - MNET also uploads members' evaluation and performance focused videos. (For example you just want to watch a Jurina focused cam)

Ps. And oh, there's also an individual "Introduction" video and a "Hidden Box Mission" video per member before the 1st episode airs.

• Informative Informative x 9
  6. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Do eliminations only happen once? Or if not, how can they pre-film the episode if they do not know which members will continue to the next one yet?

7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    there were 3 eliminations last season
    top 60,top 35 and then top 20(final)

8. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    There are eliminations after each group performance episodes (except the last one, iirc).
    These performances are done with a crowd and include live voting. This also means that no performances are held before the previous are aired and eliminations are announced (this part is what happened with Idol School, the latest idol survival show by Mnet, but I don't think it'll be different this time).

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The elimination is filmed the day after the voting ends, then they proceed to the next round right away.

Say the show airs on Friday

4th Friday - Ep 4 airs (first eval is ep3-4)
    Saturday - voting ends
    Sunday/Monday - 1st elimination filmed
    Tuesday/Wednesday - 2nd eval begins
    5th Friday - Ep 5 which is the first eval
    6th Friday - Ep6 (2nd eval perfs)

2nd eval will be filmed during the week between Ep 5 and 6. Which means they only get 1 week to practice.

3rd eval (original songs), will start before 2nd elimination. The lineup of each song will change after the 2nd elimination since almost half the trainees are gone and there will be imbalance teams (kinda like a little shuffle)

Conclusion, its pretty chill now until the 4th ep airs since they have alot of time gaps. After that its gonna be hectic AF as the shooting becomes almost live. The only time they get to rest are the gap between when they finish filming live performances and the start of the next round.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 9
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Thanks a lot for this
    I thought htey were anouncing the vote results and eliminations straight in the end of friday live broadcasts. (pretty much like many western survival shows do)

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

So where would you watch all of this, especially the actual shows. I think this info was probably posted somewhere here so sorry for the repeat question. I also read something about the shows being subtitled. Is this true? And is it fans that do the subbing or is there some sort of official subs with the broadcast? Thanks in advance.

12. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Once the episodes get subbed they will most likely end up on Dailymotion, or on some K-Show website like Kshow123
    It does take some time for the subbed episodes to be subbed and uploaded (maybe a week, more or less...)

But the raws get uploaded quickly, if waiting isn’t your thing.

The show (at least the previous two seasons) were subbed by a Fan-Subteam. Currently, the only PD48 subbing team I know of is @pd48subs on twitter.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 4
  13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Thanks Ozeki!! That’s really helpful. And you even included extra info re timing for the subs. A week is fine, I’m used to waiting a bit when watching dramas. Thanks again!

14. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    No problem! :)

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thanks for the info @Ozeki
    I think a show like this doesn’t need much more info.

They display the tiers where the girls go in the first episodes (F, D, whatever) and after that it’s all shade from the teachers lol

The thing is how is this gonna affect the girls’ schedules after the election.
    If the first four episodes are filmed beforehand, that should put us in the middle of August.
    They’ll probably record and film the SSK songs before that (as they usually debut it during Ongaku no Hi), but the promotions and the like once it’s released... it’s gonna be fun to watch.

16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

If they have already filmed about 4 episodes, then I really don't see why they can't just air it like a whole month before SSK.

Anyway the challenges are usually:

1. Group Evaluations
    2. Individual Re-Evaluations based on theme song
    3. Performance of theme song
    4. First live performance (covers)
    5. Elimination
    6. Position performance (covers)
    7. Elimination
    8. Original song performance
    9. Elimination
    10. Finale

• Informative Informative x 4
  17. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Subs usually come out 2-4 days after airing (I used to watch PD101 live broadcast every week since S1 so xD). Subbing teams are quite fast but it does take a while since it’s a 1h30min - 2h show. They’re already reqruiting subbers for the team (Kpop subbing teams are usually a collaboration of independent subbers btw).

Here’s their twitter if you guys wanna be updated w/ subs.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    F Classroom Logo

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Being a 48G collaboration, would the show be aired with Japanese subs? Anyone know how they are going to deal with the language issue? Are the trainers and judges going to speak Japanese?

20. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Some of the staff know japanese, plus Mnet has a japanese channel(uploads with japanese subs) so it's most likely under control

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1