TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

As for the theatre... we don't even know if the final group will be a proper international SG for AKB, so they might not even need one.
    They might just get the top 16 girls, release a couple of singles and then disband like IOI did.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

If they really just have a top 16 only, that kind of defeats the purpose of a 48G to be honest. I would like some drama drama :hehe: Imagine the show is like following the trainees in their journey to be in the top 16. Like Produce 101 where they have new rankings, the new rankings can be the new lineup every week or after every competition.

Oh, funny funny. Kpop idols grinding on stage (as a particular person mentioned) is not sexual yet a bunch of girls wearing bikini is sexual. Not to mention that it’s not even underaged girls showing off their boobs and buttcracks. What even. Like I previously mentioned, Kpop doesn’t have as much bikini yet they have other sexual ways worse than wearing bikinis.

• Like Like x 2
  3. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    yeah i would like to see some of them make controversies which help them to boost their rank .

• Like Like x 1
  4. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Being a Kpop fan for 8 year and a Jpop fan for 5 years, I can say this thread contains full of rumors, misunderstandings, and failed facts... Btw, why don’t you guys compare a top JP idol group to some “nugu” a.k.a unpopular or not so popular KR groups? SNSD vs AKB sounds better imo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Inactive, not unpopular.

And on that note, I just happen to have made an AKB48 vs SNSD article 6 years ago. https://houseofsquared.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/akb48-vs-snsd/
    It's meant to compare and not to bash one side.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    The article is interesting~
    It was indeed objective

If they don't give them a theatre I don't see the point of calling it a mix between AKB48 & P101

Well if it's a permanent group they could hold auditions through P48 every 2 years. Because Koreans and International fans aren't really found of groups with too many members. However if they know that they can choose the new members and get to know them, well they might complain at first but then will accept it~

• Like Like x 1
  7. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    ^I agree that keeping the number of members initially low would be best to avoid overwhelming casual viewers new to the concept of massive graduation style groups. As most folks considers 11 members as being too many already, lol.
    They could start at 15 members. Then they can distribute it to 5 members per Team.

In regards to "sexualizing", from my perspective Asian Idol industry (even western ones) as a whole is guilty of it.
    From Japan's fried chicken seasoned with idol sweat to Korea's nsfw choreos.
    Seriously, one is no better than the other.

• Like Like x 1
  8. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I for one, am excited to see what the music will be like......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    My predictions

Members:
    They introduced the group as Korean-Japanese, so I could see it having a good amount of both members in it

I think it’ll start off as either
    11: Produce 101 groups number
    16: What most 48G teams numbers start out as
    24: Similar to Boys24
    32: Two teams to start off
    35: Was the number of contestants during Produce 101 original song mission
    48: Considering Produce 101 had 11 members (basically removing the 0 from 101), they may just jump to 48

I could see 35 due to the reason I stated. One of the rumors that came out even before the Produce 48 announcement was they wanted to create multiple teams. So they’ll probably start off with 5 teams each with 7 members, than work it’s way up. Or they could go for 32 and just start off with teams of 16

Music:

Tbh after hearing they’d be a Korean-Japanese group, I see no point in having this be a global group that could even promote in Japan if they just end up just doing AKB48 songs in Korean

So I could see them being more than that with original songs, perhaps with K-versions & J-versions of their songs. Which would be really cool since they could qualify for Senbatsu Elections

Theater:

Boys24 theater is still around and actually just recently stopped when In2It (boy group that came from Boys24) were chosen not too long ago. So they could use that for these girls

Mod edit: oversized photo removed

Wonder if it’ll be big enough considering though

Produce 48 Show Format:

Audition: Pretty much the same thing as Produce 101 s1 & s2. Have different girls audition and see if they end up between A-F rank

1st mission: Cover Mission
    Instead Of covering general girl group songs, they could cover iconic (or at least most notable) 48G songs. So if there end up being 8-10 teams, there could be teams that performs AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, and maybe STU48 songs (idk if they’d do so with Nogi/Keyaki too).

2nd mission: Position Mission
    Idk how this’ll work considering 48Gs (and JPOP groups in general) don’t have positions like Kpop groups.

But they could cover Kpop/JPop girl group songs aside from 48G.

3rd mission: Concept/Original Song Mission

With this they could perform new songs made for them that’ll have the 48G feel to them. Also considering it’s a concept mission, there could be 5 teams varying from cute concepts to edgy concepts to elegant concepts

Produce 48 theme song:

I get a feeling it’ll be a Korean version of Koisuru Fortune Cookie

But seeing as Produce 101 songs have EDM, they’ll probably remix it like this

if the video does not show watch the video here

Judges:

I get a feeling a former AKB48 member will be a judge, and something tells me Acchan will be it.

Jiyoung from Kara would be great too considering she has a lot of experience in both countries industries. Plus she could help with potential language barrier

Post-P48 show:

Crossing my fingers for a show like AKBingo, I think it would be much more interesting than just a traditional Mnet idol group variety show

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    WOW.... you were quite busy & had a whole lot of In-depth thought process....

Acchan just announced she's doing a Play. You're forgetting the two most TWISTED, Cruellest, & EVIL things that could happen here...like Diabolically Evil turn of events...
    TAKAMINA is the Japan judge & she speaks for AKI-P - which would really be a slap in the face to these KPOP Trainee's. Why? She's NOT Mayuyu, Yuko, Mariko, Itano, Acchan, Paruru, KojiHaru, or Sasshi - she was the "Manager" of Icons - Not based on Talent, Print work, TV Ads, Vocals, Dance, ect - I'm NOT an expert in KPOP but I can surmise that Celebrity by Association isn't valued over there.

You need a "NAME"- like Togisaki, or Oshima Yuko - maybe you get away w/ Rena Matsui or Itano or Mayuyu. For example the Dance Teacher might have more clout than an Idol- You couldn't half-ass this w/ "C" or "B" level Judges.

My guess is the show would have Korean industry "Judges" & then pair them w/a Japanese "Idol Consultant"- I.E. Crayon Pop are Korean but they also did "Ok" in Japan (they could adapt)- so maybe a member from Crayon Pop would be used as a Liaison in a Judging, Mentoring, Consultant position... I think they would want to keep the show as Korean as possible as it's a Korean show.

Shake-Up Possibility #2...it's kinda happened before....
    The show is done, the group is formed & AKI-P & Prod 101 want to TEST IT out...AKB48 sends 1 of their own to LEAD them on Publicity tours or to stay w/ them as a Japan leader & give an Official "AKS 48" girl stamp.... who would they pick?
    Okada Nana - remember they did it to Sae Miyazawa when they sent her to China? She was tall, skinny, Short-haired, Very "Danso"...BUT, there's a REASON!- In certain KPOP groups they have a "Girl Crush" (Tomboyish Type) - This role was made for Okada. Just saying - it's possible.

I liked where you were going w/ some of your suggestions but in the end, I think it will be "overtly Korean" but there could be room for Chinese Idols, Western Idols who are Trainee's (but still Asian), Vietnamese, Taiwanese, ect- it probably won't just be Japanese & Korean.

I personally would like to see AKI-P as a Judge. I want to hear his criticisms (Likes, Dislikes, ect) & I want to see him have a dialogue w/ KPOP professionals about what works & doesn't - plus, there will be a a few UNIQUE Girls that will divide the Judges & fans - It could the best show yet or the worst concept ever. We don't know.

BTW...I'm liking that USER ID dude.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Did you totally forget she is STU48 captain???

• Like Like x 1
  12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I dont think they are going to be any judge, Produce 101 itself has no judge they have trainers who grade them first then give lessons. The concept is to let the public judge. Any 48G members wouldnt be qualified enough to judge anyways.

I think the show is going to run with Produce101 format regarding missions, with a mix of Korean and Japanese songs (probably more Korean since its a Korean show anyways)

The group is most likely going to get original songs (both in Korean and Japanese) and not a cover group since no way Mnet is agreeing to that. And I dont think they will use Akip's lyrics

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Lol thanks. And yeah I brainstormed about it before & during my post

Oh I could see Takamina being a judge. And the 48G Idol consoltent thing would be really interesting to see too

I wouldn’t be surprised if the group was already chosen and the “survival” was only for predebut experience and seeing who’d get the higher ranked positions. There was a source that said Produce 48 wouldn’t have open application, so they probably choosed who they wanted to participate.

Like every other foreign 48G, there will likely be 1-2 Kaigei members. So it’ll be interesting to see how who they’d be

I do think for this to be a “global” group, more than just Korean & Japanese would be necessary. A Chinese & Taiwanese member(s) would be good as well as some SEA girls. Tzuyu, Kyulkyung, Isaac, & Guanlin have showed they could bring a lot of interest from their respective countries. Even Snowbaby (who unfortunately didn’t make it into Fromis_9 aka Idol School winners) gained a fanbase in Taiwan.

I get a feeling the group will have a “Twice” ratio. Maybe something like 50% Korean, 40% Japanese, 10% everyone else

So maybe if it was like 2 teams of 16 aka 32 girls. Maybe 16 would be Korean, 12 would be Japanese, & 4 would be everyone else

Apparently, the Idol School girls (not the Fromis_9 members) could potentially be part of Produce 48

https://twitter.com/keepfromis9/status/935827311798054914?s=17

https://twitter.com/Natty4everChl/status/935811325883703297?s=17

Mod edit: Please do not flood/double post. You must wait for someone to respond before posting again, or edit your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

| think there's more now? :blush:

@Twice48 welcome to the forum.
    Please, get down of your educating horse and read the rules:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

xoxo
    gossip girl

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don’t know, if there are really trainees that are looking to debut through PD48, will they really know 48G songs? We saw in PD101 that most of the songs given were iconic songs such as Apink’s I don’t Know, SNSD’s Into the New World, Sistar’s Push Push, and etc so most of them could pretty much start practicing right away. Even the other songs they did such as Monster and Me Gustas Tu were pretty popular. If they are following PD101’s format and is using 48G songs though, I’m interested in hearing how they will rearrangement/change the songs. That should be interesting.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Continue and you can say goodbye to this thread too

• Like Like x 1
  16. Riviere

Riviere Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    this is going to be interesting even though I don't know nothing about akb48 lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Then why are you here lol

Unless by "i don't know nothing about akb48 lol" you meant you're a Sakamichi exclusive fan lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Tbh I get what they’re saying, I was a casual fan of 48/46G, but Produce 48 risen my interest which is why I came here. I know a little bit about them, maybe even somewhat enough (I know most of the prominent members of each group, My Oshi being Ogiyuka from NGT48), but am still a bit unsure

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^^Oh well that's my case too, those girls were basically my childhood but as I grown up I stopped paying attention to them, but when Produce48 was announced I fell again into the AKB trap and once you AKBINGO you can't AKBINGOUT (I really hate myself for writing that)

I agree with you, but they would put it as b-sides on the albums

The problem is that no matter how you see it, in the eyes of Koreans and international kpop fans AKB48 are seen as talentless, so even if Acchan herself appears on the show she will be attacked by comments like "How can she train someone when she has half of the skills of an average idol ? lolololol".
    I mean, even Jennie from Blackpink who has trained for years under the korean system received harsh comments like this just for ATTENDING (not even judging) MixNine's showcase.

That will probably happen, there are a lot of foreign trainees withh basic korean skills when you think about it

It would be interesting to have him rank them from A to F since he must have his very own opinion concerning what an idol is, but I really don't think he will appear. They use celebrities for a reason: They bring viewers

Kahi from After School (shameless promo) would be a good option, her group had a graduation system, she already participated to the show, is really skilled & a really good teacher. I mean one of the girls she trained came from this to this, because yes girlie debuted in the final group

Why are you so angry ? If you don't like the idea just ignore it, if you're right about the Japanese fans & the Korean ones not liking it the show will flop. No need to throw a tantrum like that lol
    Also it's not because you don't like something that it's trash, there is a thing called opinion and another called fact, both are pretty different.

@Trinu that's cheating :'D When I posted that we truly weren't that much !

With all the survival shows we had those past years I think Knetz and I-fans are starting to get tired of being able to guess which songs will be used, so that could actually be pretty refreshing and would add difficulties for the trainees ! Also some choreography of AKB48 aren't really hard so I'm sure that trainees would nail them quickly :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. Riviere

Riviere Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    i joined the fandom like today... i know very little about them, but sorry then

• Like Like x 2