TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    From the looks of it, Kaigei members for the recent foreign 48G seem to be those from the 10th gen (Abe Maria for TPE48 and Izuta Rina for BNK48). Unless it was a coincidence, it could be the same for this group too

Maybe Kato Rena?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Maybe because K-Pop is something thought to be more global, aiming to reach people from western?

I mean, for me J-Pop aims at Japan almost exclusively, Asia at most. If people on the West get to know about J-Pop, that's fine but no or very little efforts will be made to help those western fans getting material (CDs, DVDs, etc), even less seeing their favorite artists closely.
    K-Pop, in the other hand, seems to focus on the overseas fans too and not only on Korean ones. Not only by releasing singles/albums or bringing K-Pop artists to perform in the West but also by making it more similar to western pop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Now that I think about it, the AKB48 channel being region free recently alongside Rena Nozawa’s English speaking tours, I think they’re preparing to make the 48G brand more international fan friendly now

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^ Yup that was the theory I made in another post about MXC48 & SOL48 & that's also why I mentionned kpop earlier.
    @leocgomes Also, more & more JPOP acts are trying to get the attention of international fans since apparently the Japanese market won't be suffisent in the future to bread every group (?) well at least that's what the CEO of LDH (Exile, È-Girls,...) said

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Well, maybe they are starting to aim at different markets.

Enviado de meu Moto X Play usando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I think this show will take more after Senbatsu Elections than the exact P101 format, which was similar yet different

For Senbatsu Elections there are

Senbatsu (1~#16)
    Undergirls (#17~#32)
    Next Girls (#33~48)
    Future Girls (#49~#64)
    Upcoming Girls (#65~#80)

On Produce 101 it’s

1st eliminations (#62~#101)
    2nd eliminations (#36~#61)
    3rd eliminations (#23~#35)
    Runner Ups (#12~#22)
    Debut Team (#1~#11)

I think instead of there being full blown eliminations, there will be teams that the other girls will get to take part of (which explains MNET’s statement of wanting to create multiple teams)

So perhaps sometime after the 1st eliminations & before the 2nd eliminations, the 1st group of girls eliminated would be the Upcoming Girls & they’d have their own activities & perform in their theatre ect. And that’ll keep happening until the 2nd group of eliminated girls who would be the Future Girls come out. And so on & so forth

They’d probably be Upcoming Girls ranked 65-101, Future Girls ranked 49-64, Next Girls ranked 33-48, Next Girls ranked 17-32,
    Then the Senbatsu being the top 16 who are the main & most anticipated team who’d get the most promotions for the single they release

After that they’d all (or most if some girls leave) be part of the 1st generation 48G coming from Produce 48. Some girls from top 16 would probably be chosen as the captains for the 5 “PDC48” teams. Though I think their theatre will be in Gangnam, Seoul so they’d probably be called GNM48, although it may be SEO48 too

I could see that being the case. Even with Last Idol, the eliminated girls would end up in a unit as oppose to having to straight up go back

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    That would be the best option and the best idea tbh, the only problem is that it might reduce the power of the leading team and that's not something MNET would appreciate :/ But who knows

Seriously the more I look at the debut MV of IOI the more I realize that they truly were copying AKB, the only difference being that at least AKB first songs were good .-.

/!\ Careful with the images they are bit too big, mods won't be happy

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Oh thanks for that, I couldn’t tell since I’m on mobile. I’ll just take it out since it’s not very important to my overall post.

Yeah something tells me that will be their plan. Have the top 16 be the main team that’ll have a debut album, regularly promote the title track on music shows, & go on variety shows like Weekly Idol & Knowing Bros.

Meanwhile the others would release a single album & perform at the theatre during that time. With it being such a big group, they could take advantage of Vlive & do them everyday to connect with fans even if they can’t come to their theatre.

After the top 16 are finished promoting, they’d go back to regular letter/number teams until the next Senbatsu Elections.

It would kinda be like IOI compared to IBI, or Wanna One compared to JBJ & Rainz. The top 16 would be the IOI/Wanna One who’d get the most spotlight, meanwhile the other teams would be the IBI/JBJ/Rainz (well moreso IBI/JBJ for the 17-32 & 33-48 girls, and moreso Rainz for the 49-64 & 65-101 girls).

A lot of IOI & Produce 101 were exactly from AKB48. Their title tracks seemed pretty close to what an AKB48 team would release.

Team A - Very Very Very

if the video does not show watch the video here

Team K - Whatta Man

Team B - Dream Girls

That comparison may be a stretch, but that’s what I kinda felt like.

Even the variety segments were based on what happened with AKBingo. Makes me think Produce 101 was a long term test for Produce 48, especially considering the Produce series will end after this season.

That’s what makes me look at the Kpop fandom weirdly. Like they’re so busy trying to say how different the K-industry is from AKB48, they don’t even realize they’ve gotten used to the 48 system through Produce 101 the whole time.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. onego123

onego123 Member

Their debut MV was actually inspired by Girls' Generations debut MV 'Into The New World'. Dream Girl was definelty forgettable though.

They've also publicly stated this, but I forget where.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Looks like All 48Group Members can take part (If they apply).

Entry: December 15, 2017 to January 10, 2018
    Auditions: January 2018

11. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I don't want to sound mean but... Have you ever listened to AKB48?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i watched S1 of PD101 because duh i love girls in general but this thing is a mess but i'm still looking forward to it, but if a popular member can apply then it's over for other girls seriously since its open to everyone on 48g

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I really want to see super underrated yet super talented 48G girls apply!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ Popular members don't really need it so I'm all for underrated girls with a lot of potential and talent to apply o7 I want people to stop mocking the 48G and to see what they are really capable of when given the chance !

@onego123 Oh right I forgot about that !

I swear we are about to witness the birth of a monster rookie, hold onto your wigs ladies & hide your favs :hehe:

On another note my petty butt is happy to see that my theory concerning the South American advancement wasn't that dumb:awesome: I mean those auditions for that Mexican drama didn't came out of nowhere~

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Hope Kanon Kimoto joins. Also would love if Macharin joins as well, I could see her becoming popular among Koreans & Ifans.

I was talking about concept wise, not music wise

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    It's been said on the other thread but… Mexico is not in South America o_O

Non graduated

• Like Like x 2
  17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    bet she regrets calling quits too soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Macharin invested so much in Japan to be where she is at today so not very likely.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Murashige Anna is definitely joining I’m sure.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    What makes you think that ? I'm really curious :eek:

@Lalo Martins Yeah I know so I'll just copy & past what I said in the other thread ^^/

• Like Like x 1