TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    You guys do know that the voices on the dance teams’ tracks are sung by them right? Because Mirurun’s English was on point. :worthy:

Despite not getting a lot of screentime, she still won #1 in her team, 80% of the YT comments are about her and she trended in Korea for a while. She’s the real winner here :1st:

• Like Like x 3
  2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Lol, I should have worded it better to avoid misunderstanding, but I meant Miru (not Kaeun) is seldom mentioned in Very3x video, in contrast to the overwhelming response she got in Side to Side video.

• Like Like x 4
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    A question to those who speak Korean; how come 이 is spelled Lee in Latin alphabet? I've paid more attention now as well and I think they're pronouncing it "ee" as well, so why is it spelled Lee Kaeun, for example?

The Touch video isn't my favourite either but not because of the outfits or the dance but because of the lack of story line in the video. And I personally consider them very attractive, plus they're the best selling western girl group, fifth album coming along and still going strong? They're currently on their 8th tour since 2011 (5th headlining tour). So obviously they're doing something right. Sounds like you're the one who's still stuck in the 1940s. Welcome to 2018!

As for Ariana vs Victoria, I think the reason why I personally prefer Ariana is because she doesn't seem as bitter regarding Victorious as Victoria herself. Victoria was the main character, got paid the most, had the most screen time but she still got jealous of the attention the other cast members got? That's really sad. Meanwhile, Ariana is still friends with Elizabeth Gillies and Matt Bennett (Matt was in her MV for "One Last Time" and she recorded a cover of "Santa Baby" with Liz + included her in the music video for "Santa Tell Me"). Ariana is generally a very positive person, you can tell that from anyone she collaborates with.

Furthermore, while I agree Victoria is a great singer, she's definitely got the voice and all, she isn't as innovative when it comes to production as Ariana. Ariana is involved in almost every song, she writes a lot and she helps out in the process of producing. Her music is different from what's currently on the market and that's why she's successful.

It's pretty ironic how you say "Ariana is not as attractive as Victoria" and "It isn't just about looks" in the same line, don't you think? Lol

Moving on to the actual episode, I was sooooo happy with how much screen time Na Goeun got :cute: She's my absolute favourite out of the Top 12 ranks, and I really wanna see her debut as well. I wish she would have gotten the main vocal role, maybe she would have been able to place first in her group, but she already showed how great she is and managed to place second without a major role in her group!! I hope the extra focus Mnet Editing put on her will help her rise in ranks, I really don't want to see her leave

I was also suuuuper impressed by Miru. She was soooo sexy, I'm not used to that side of her at all. I mean, I'm not big into NMB so I don't follow Miru a lot, maybe her persona is more sexy than cute, but damn. Are you really telling me this is the same person? Girl deserved the no.1 place

1.gif 2.gif 3.gif 4.gif

Mod edit: Collective gifs exceed size limits. Please limit posts to 4 gifs or less. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 5.gif
      5.gif
      File size:
      955.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.gif
      6.gif
      File size:
      645.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.gif
      7.gif
      File size:
      373.4 KB
      Views:
    • 8.gif
      8.gif
      File size:
      750.5 KB
      Views:
    • reaction.gif
      reaction.gif
      File size:
      507.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.gif
      9.gif
      File size:
      596.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    i just watched ep 6 there's something i'd like to say :
    - i loveee chowon's voice ! she's so good, she should not get eliminated please! she sure is amazing..
    - maybe it's just me, but i was expecting lee chaeyon to win in her team, she's the most powerful i think, but i guess eunbi is just more popular than her, hence she got 1st
    - miru though i think deserve the win, she's the most charming in that group, but i'm really sad about her screen time, she didn't even got an interview whatsoever!
    - Mnet is at it again with the screen time distribution, we barely saw our 48 girls in this episode, i just hope they show us our girls next week..
    - last but not least, what i just really hope in this season is that there's no vote manipulation by Mnet or other 3rd party, i'm still not over JR's case in season 2, i wish this season there's no manipulation, it's already bad that only Korean can vote, if let say Mnet original plan was 8 K 4 J trainees but to their surprise, the vote said otherwise, so they manipulate the final result to match their plan, oh boy if that happen that would be my worst scenario ever! :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I really want Yena, Goeun and Miyu in the final 12!
    이 was originally 리 (李). North Korea retained that pronunciation but South Korea didn't (see 두음법칙). Here's an interesting article on this.

• Informative Informative x 7
  6. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It's just grammar rules. Korean names are also written in Chinese as well but rarely used in real life. When you write names, Lee would be written as 리 but the rule is that you have to drop the R if it is the first syllable and it's used as a Chinese character (like Korean names).

It's the same thing with 녀 meaning girl/woman (I don't know how to write Chinese characters sorry lol). It's not written as 녀자 but 여자. But the 녀 is kept in 소녀 (meaning girl) because it's not the first syllable.

My last name is the same thing. It could be written as Ryun (but pronounced yeun like Steven Yeun :)) but the R is dropped and it becomes Yun.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    @BadIcecream Thank you! If I could, I'd give you multiple ratings; an Informative for the answer to my question and a Lik/Agree for Yena, Goeun and Miyu!

• Like Like x 3
  8. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    You're welcome! :) And I don't deserve that much lol

• Like Like x 3
  9. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

I'm pretty young and superficial still. Speaking of which, I can't tell if that's a man or a woman in your profile picture, might want to get a more flattering picture there dude. Notice, I try to refrain from bashing posters here, instead I try to focus on public figures I can criticize.

If you scroll back a few pages you can see that these kind of Anti-Japanese posts are here even in this thread, plus with all the nonsense on those other forums, it made sense to comment on this subject. I don't feel like promoting those other forums either.

I think Japan is much better than South Korea, although I like South Korea more than the United States for example. Is this brave enough for you? Lol cute. I'm the bravest person here I say whatever I want. [hehe]

Oh nice, agree completely. :chuffed:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 13
    • Old Old x 2
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @MyDaddy You can think whatever you want but if you have a problem within a specific forum perhaps explain it there.
    Doing it in other places is just whining. Have fun with it.

That's Techi, and you weren't criticizing "public figures" you were patronizing girls about what to do and what not. It's quite different.

Since this went enough OT, I'd close it here. My Inbox is always open anyway

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Oh this was a decent response, so I'll address it.

My point was, I think some women don't understand how men think, and this "Touch" clip is one of those situations. . That's why this Touch clip rubs me the wrong way but it doesn't affect you. Slutty women are not attractive to any man that has options and wants a serious relationship. The father figure thing is just a statistical reality, it is not a religious comment. I am not religious.

Ariana seems crazy on her social media profile, no offense.

I agree with you that Victoria does have the looks as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Old Old x 2
  12. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I’m slightly attacked when you called Techisus unflattering looking. That was totally uncalled for specially when the drawing is good. And I don’t notice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    When Mnet releases the fancams are they going to actually show the close shot of Miru’s butt when she bends over in the beginning? Thats going to be dangerous! lol

14. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Hmm I don't understand, I didn't criticize her, just one supposed representation of her. No one is perfect. ;)

Don't worry, I don't have a problem with the real person's look.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have rewritten a response to this so many times, you don't even know. I'm going to take a western world view on this, simply because we're talking about Little Mix and they're a British girl group. You might not be aware of it, but your comment is actually really ignorant and mysoginistic.

First of all, your comment is assuming that every woman on earth is heterosexual. I already don't like that, but let's assume every woman was heterosexual.

Do you really think everything women do is to please men? I am a woman, and I think I've got an idea of what guys like. But to be honest, most of the time I don't really care. We live in a day and age where I can get my own job (which I have, by the way). I don't need to rely on a man to know my future is safe. 99% of the things I do, I do because they make me happy and because I enjoy them. I never do anything thinking "oh this will make a man want me."

All of the girls in Little Mix are in relationships, all of them long term at this point. Jade has been dating her boyfriend since 2015, Perrie and Leigh-Anne have been with theirs since 2016 and Jesy started dating her boyfriend in early 2017. The Touch music video came out on January 19, 2017. All of them (except Jesy) were already in relationships at that point. So why would they make a music video trying to impress men and be attractive to them? They already have boyfriends.

Simple, they didn't make the video for that reason. They enjoy making music, they enjoy dancing. They did it to have fun.

You really need to get off that high horse and stop believing that everything we do is because we want to please you.

Just the same, do you do everything because you think it will be attractive to women? Did you pick your job because it is attractive or did you choose it because you like it/because it gives a lot of money? Are you watching Produce 48 because you think it's attractive to women or are you watching it because you enjoy it? All the same, most of the things women do, they do for themselves and not for some random guys.

The only guy a woman wants to impress, ever, is probably the one she's already dating.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @Ally_ that has to be the most weird compliment my fanart received so far, but I appreciated nonbro lol (also... Techisus?[hehe] Careful there or people wil cry cultist in 2 second flat)

Speaking about Miru.. I followed NMB losely most for Milky but Miru always felt sort of out of place there. She has this "aggressive beauty" and particular personality that just didn't fit in it (for me)
    But she looks perfect for kpop visuals and for sexy dances. I didn't put her in my personal faves because I think there aren't enough slots for 48s but I would be more than happy to have her on the final group. It would be an hell of experience for Miru.

@MyDaddy you're passing by being superficial and patronizing to just plain offensive. Just saying. Time to grow up

• Like Like x 3
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Remember guys this thread has been locked once before just saying

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

By all means, do whatever you want to do in life. However, no, many women don't understand how men actually think. Also, Women without fathers, who come from more r-selected families will reproduce more, and more arbitrarily. In general r-selection evolution decreases IQ and probably increases crime rate. By all means if someone wants to become some AV actress or whatever, go for it, but if you want a serious relationship later on, don't complain then when the pool of suitors shrinks up, this is the reality.

I had a conversation like this with a woman before, and I told her to do what makes her happy. She just needs to understand that these kinds of behaviors are things successful men mentally note down, and don't forget about when they're looking for a serious relationship.

Also Women in Japan have a better lifestyle than western women in my opinion, a lot of them don't have to do anything all day long, and still control nearly 100% of their husband's money. Japanese women have a better perspective on this matter.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

Guys, please simmer down... :cry2:I live for this thread!

• Like Like x 3
  20. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I thought about what you posted for quite a bit and you have a very good point. This week's performances had 20 korean trainess (K) vs 5 japanese (J) and all the K trainees in the top 12 were included -- granted they were all in just 2 groups.Next week will have 17 K trainees vs 15 J trainees.

And when you look at it more closely, all the J trainees in the top 12 are scheduled for next week. More importantly, all the J trainees that are in the 21-40 range are also for next week. Granted again that the votes have been reset to zero but with the same voting method, it can be argued that the trainees ranked 21-40 are the ones contending for the 21-30 slots for the cutoff. Other than miru and noe, the other 3 J trainees that were shown this week were the 3 lowest ranking ones. Lastly, almost no clips (a lot were sakura reactions to the perfs) were shown that feature the teams performing next week which contain the bulk of the contending J trainees and the clips for this week's perfs were posted online quickly.

I think voting for the middle to lower ranked trainees are swayed heavily by what is shown on each episode and so this hurts many of the contending J trainees like Mako, Tomu, Saho, Shitau Miu, Chori, etc. as the perfs next week will have little impact on the voting for the 2nd elimination. Currently, there's 13 J trainees that are in the top 30 (including mako since jurina is out) and mnet will probably be okay with that ratio but maybe they want to keep it at that ratio(?) But we'll see. I think the individual cams that they'll post soon mostly helps the already popular trainees.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1