TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

If things go similarly to last season
    Episode 8 - 30 Trainees left
    Episode 10 - 20 Trainees left
    Episode 12 - Final 12 Girls Formed together.

However they could drop the episode 10 elimination. Possibly. ​

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Nako is young, has an interesting voice, a good range and how much training? Real training I mean. She'll get better. Most important she's smart.
    I won't judge her results so harshily, perhaps having more lines to sing would have helped the final results, but I'm quite okay with it, though I still liked Kirin more.

I had the feeling Seoyoung was designed to be the big bad since 1st ep and yet reactions to that had been quite tame. People was more interested in the 48-ktrainees duality than in drama they already seen. For which I'm glad.
    She is a good dancer and could have made a inpact in the position eval..... chosing vocals has been just a really bad strategy and it wasn't helped by the fact the 2 koreans girls in her group didn't want to be leaders, and Juri is trying to stay very very far away from the role in each competition (Our Captain is officially on vacation [hehe] though her habit and experience come out from time to time)

This said, she could have saved it making a passable rap in a overall passable performance. Forgetting the few lines of the only song you're practicing means lack of professionalism and focus.
    I'm a little bummed out about the fact Kim Do Ah didn't just hop in to save the day, but she already managed to do better than I expected, so.... I'll try to not be too greedy.:inlove:

• Like Like x 2
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not easy for non-professional singer and it happened too fast. Also careful.... she might be accused of stealing team mate's lines and get bashed!!:D

4. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    But erii trend for not such a good reason, it's mostly negative comment about her... SSK involve money and quite a lot of it, so only dedicated fans are part of it, but here, voting is free right? and you can do it every day, so if a general public show some interest, some of them might vote for a girl, maybe not everyday like a fans, but once or a couple of times, so i hope some of the recognition translate into votes for Miu and make her survive the 2nd elimination

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

True. I took it in consideration. Yet, since I didn't expect her come so far, everything is a plus, even being bummed out for something like that. [hehe]

6. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Nako didnt belt at all, I dont think she knows how to belt actually. The reason why she keeps getting the high notes is because her register is very high so she can reach the notes without alot of effort but she lacks skills to add power to the note.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  7. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Lol I was right on the DDDD team. Mnet push for the rock theme. You can here that comment from another guy( which is not a trainer, that was a first) saying why they are doing dance when it's all vocal. Such a mess but that team is funny also. ( That highlighted vocal on their tshirts) Lmao

• Like Like x 2
  8. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Juri et al should have known looking from Gahyeon's pained expression the moment Soyoung was crowned leader.

also some bts

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Position Evaluation's review

introduction: too bad any decent rappers went eliminated first so we don't have rap position :/ but I remember that 48G doesn't have good rapper tho :v

Energetic
    Actually I think Goeun is more to be 'lead vocal' material compared to Yuri so I wonder why she still wants to be main vocal (despite of her disappointment in first mission). Otherwise, they did a good job. Naamin really has good low-pitch voice, sadly most of 48G songs are in high-pitch. Salute to Noepii for taking a risk to try rap line, maybe because some of NGT songs are more to "quick talk" than actual songs lol.

Don't Know You
    Personally, this is one of my favorite songs, so I'm pretty biased with this unit since beginning. As usual, Chowon once again made me surprised -like we don't know that she can sing with nice voice (even dominated Minji who is Leader/Main Vocal)! Guess that Cube finally did good job by sending hidden talented trainee, not like previous season :fear: The most impressed is Minyoung's rap -too bad her rank is low so I doubt she will be survived from next "cut out".

Meri Kuri
    This unit is pretty good and Haeyoon did good job as the leader -but tbh, the performance is kinda forgettable urgh

Into The New World
    First, it's either Nako is too naive or the saint so she gave main vocal part to Yunjin. Second, Chowon really learned a lot from Eunbi-unni. Third, they did good job, even Erii who struggled first with her singing. I must say that this is as good as DKY unit, but ITNW unit made me goosebumps. But, I questioned why Chowon got first place instead to Yunjin, especially since the audience ddin't know that Chowon is the leader. Maybe because there's lot of Woollim fans? :rolleyes:

The Truth Untold
    Everytime produce's trainees did covering BTS song (last year they sang Spring Day), it's better than the original :fear: I like when all the 48G girls still pushed Gyuri as Main Vocal despite she got traumatized with Peek-A-Boo. Myao and Gyuri did good job in their part (and Myao's koreans finally didn't get edited!), but I would rather to swap Miyu's rank with Sahoo's :fp: (guess that Miyu got hate from K- Hearthstone players rumor is going to be true)

Ddu Du Ddu Du
    To be honest, this failing is the combination of the members and Mnet self. Like, why Mnet picked that among Black Pink's discography? If the reason is the 'it' song, then Mnet could pick GFriend's Time for the moon night which is easier to sing compared to DDDD. Or, if the reason is 'we need BP's song', there's "Stay" or even... "Whisper" (like this one). And they decided to make it to be rock. Double mess.
    Back to the unit. Seems like Seoyoung is too arrogant because her status as "ex-YG trainee" so she always forced to be leader (although we know the actual leader in LOA Team 2 is Haeun lol). Even there's Juri who is Team B captain :fp:. And... why she forced everyone to practice the choreo -even they used standing mic wtf- instead of splitting their part, re-arranging the music to be more jazz-y (instead to became rock), and practicing the singing :hmm: And yet she forgot her written rap line, duh. Guess that's why YG dropped her from Black Pink's final line up :fear:
    The performance is messed up, aside of Seoyoung's mistake. Even Juri's high note and Sakura + Doa's charisma couldn't cover their messiness. Plus, Bibian's expression made me cringed out during the performance :fp:
    (It's personal opinion but I think Bibian picked DDDD because she wanted to play safe. Other songs have more difficult note so trainees need more practice time while DDDD doesn't have it, and dance songs are too sexy for her. Nevertheless, she is the most unimproved 48G girls that participated in PD48 -even Erii who used to be called 48G's worst performed has improved huh).
    Time to move on.

Personal Ranking
    INTW >> DKY >>> TTU >>>>> Energetic >>> Meri Kuri >>>>>>>> DDDD

Side to Side
    Miru and Gaeun really saved this unit. Guess that Miru's gravure experience are worked while Gaeun's experience are truly shown. Maybe if Gaeun was the center instead of Sian (which was tried to be sexy but failed), the group will be not messed. And I didn't get with Yiren -why she did some acrobatic move despite this is.. sexy song? Like, she could show that at upcoming ISAC rhythm gymnastic battle tho (also it's not rare thing in China -Cheng Xiao revealed that girls in China must attend to gymnastic academy at young age).
    Also... Wonyoung doing sexy moves bothered me a lot -especially since she is NOT EVEN 13 years old internationally (apparently her birthday is in August). This feels like when kpop fans read Tonari no Banana's translation or general public realized that Teacher Teacher's center is a freaking 15 y.o. girl :fear: But, I think sexy moves is a staple in K-idol world, despite of your age (did you remember CNC girls or Haeun's first ranking evaluation?). It's like 48G's underage girls do gravure things. And... she is kinda failed with sexy dance and expression. Although some people said she nailed with sexy move, but what I see is 'a-cute-girl-tried-to-become-sexy-but-failed'. But, I didn't get why she is 2nd place (seriously, I want to swap her with Gaeun, sobs). Guess that the Starship duo (see below) have biiiiiiig fans compared to others.

Sorry not Sorry
    The worst so-called The Dance Avenger team -even though they kicked out the lower ranked girls. Eunbi got benefited not only because she got different clothes or she was the center, but also her aura overthrown rest of them. Also, after I watched the performance, I think Ahn Yujin is kinda like Acchan in everything -minus her ace aura. But I questioned her rank which is higher than Chaeyeon :fp: (#justiceforchaeyeon).

Handclaps
    Poor Aoitan -despite she is the center and good at dancing, she got ranked the last :| But kudos to her and Choyeon to create the choreo despite of her initial request to be not sexy dance. But the winner used butt-wiggle move tho :fear: :fear:

Instructions
    My favorite performance. Everyone has great synergy as the group, their choreo is the best, and despite they are the kicked-out one, they are the truly Dance Avengers team :1st:

Touch
    The choreo is average. Miu really slayed it with the first part. But... why Minjoo got first place? I know that she is pretty and her aura outshines some of the members, but she isn't too good to be 1st place. Guess that she has same case with Starship duo :fear:
    (tbh, her case is same with Sohye in second mission. She's on same unit with Chaeyeon and Kulkyung, but she got 1st place :fear: )

Personal Ranking

Instructions >>> Handclaps >>>> Touch >>>>> Side to Side > Sorry not Sorry

Vocal (+ Rap) Position
    Chowon outshined everyone in this mission. Congratulations to her :1st:

Dance Position
    Tbh, I thought Eunchae would be #1 in this mission. But I think Korean NMB wota are too strong lol.
    Nevertheless, congratulations to Saepii :1st: also Miru :2nd: This is big achievement for NMB since... Sayaka won NHK Kouhaku SSK :^^;: Also, it proved that NMB wota are really good at free voting (but not with SSK thing :fp: )

Next "cut-out" will be messed up like previous season. Chowon and Saepii definitely will enter Top 12, but I think the Starship duo, Sakura, Nako, Eunbi, and either Yena/Yiren will keep their Top 12 position.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Perhaps a stupid question: could Sayanee's decision somehow affect Miru's chance?
    Right now, in my opinion, Miru could end in the final group as much as she could not make it; but my knowledge of NMB's jerarchy behind Sayanee kinda stopped at Milky's graduation. I always gave for granted Miru would be the next, so I'm curious to know if a 2.5 years contract with someone else could maybe seems less appealing from now on.

Edit: I SO WANT more of BananaNay and Chiyori [hehe]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  11. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Thousands of people on a Korean forum did a recent two-pick and one-pick vote for the remaining contestants. It was funny to see the results.
    http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=produce48&no=1825263&page=1&exception_mode=recommend
    (Yes, I can read in Korean :awesome:).

This forum is dominated by Korean men by the way.
    10 of the top 12 were Japanese, 15 of the top 24 were also Japanese (I wonder why :awesome:).

Two-Pick voting :
    1.Miyawaki Sakura 1129 votes
    2.Yabuki Nako 835 votes
    3.Takahashi Juri 728 votes
    4.Honda Hitomi 715 votes
    5.Kim Chaewon 687 votes
    6.Shitao Miu 625 votes
    7.Murase Sae 492 votes
    8.Kim Doa 455 votes
    9.Chiba Erii 410 votes
    10.Shiroma Miru 398 votes
    11.Kojima Mako 367 votes
    12.Murakawa Bibian 341 votes
    13.Jang Wonyoung 339 votes
    14.Miyazaki Miho 322 votes
    15.Kang Hyewon 294 votes
    16.Kim Minju 285 votes
    17.Kim Nayoung 283 votes
    18.Jo Yuri 278 votes
    19.Asai Nanami 275 votes
    20.Sato Minami 266 votes
    21.Nakanishi Chiyori 184 votes
    22.Choi Yena 169 votes
    23.Goto Moe 163 votes
    24.Jang Gyuri 152 votes
    25.Kwon Eunbi 143 votes
    26.Kim Sihyeon 141 votes
    27.Iwatate Saho 127 votes
    28.Han Chowon 117 votes
    29.Bae Eunyoung 107 votes
    30.Ahn Yoojin 105 votes
    31.Muto Tomu 100 votes
    32.Takeuchi Miyu 93 votes
    33.Na Goeun 87 votes
    34.Aramaki Misaki 83 votes
    35.Lee Yujeong 58 votes
    36.Park Haeyoon 58 votes
    37.Motomura Aoi 56 votes
    38.Lee Gaeun 48 votes
    39.Lee Sian 39 votes
    40.Wang Yiren 37 votes
    41.Heo Yoonjin 32 votes
    42.Yoon Haesol 29 votes
    43.Go Yoojin 28 votes
    44.Kim Minseo 28 votes
    45.Lee Chaeyeon 27 votes
    46.Kim Suyoon 27 votes
    47.Son Eunchae 25 votes
    48.Kim Hyuna 22 votes
    49.Yamada Noe 20 votes
    50.Wang Ke 19 votes
    51.Yoo Minyoung 18 votes
    52.Kim Sohee 16 votes
    53.Park Seoyoung 14 votes
    54.Kim Choyeon 14 votes
    55.Lee Haeun 12 votes
    56.Park Minji 11 votes
    57.Jo Gahyeon 3 votes

One-Pick Voting:
    1.Miyawaki Sakura 300 votes
    2.Shitao Miu 225 votes
    3.Honda Hitomi 207 votes
    4.Yabuki Nako 184 votes
    5.Takahashi Juri 176 votes
    6.Kim Chaewon 166 votes
    7.Murase Sae 129 votes
    8.Chiba Erii 126 votes
    9.Murakawa Bibian 119 votes
    10.Kim Doah 103 votes
    11.Kojima Mako 101votes
    12.Jo Yuri 98 votes
    13.Asai Nanami 92 votes
    14.Shiroma Miru 73 votes
    15.Kim Minju 72 votes
    16.Jang Wonyoung 70 votes
    17.Miyazaki Miho 66 votes
    18.Sato Minami 66 votes
    19.Goto Moe 57 votes
    20.Kang Hyewon 53 votes
    21.Choi Yena 49 votes
    22.Jang Gyuri 42 votes
    23.Nakanishi Chiyori 41 votes
    24.Kim Nayoung 35 votes
    25.Iwatate Saho 35 votes
    26.Kwon Eunbi 30 votes
    27.Han Chowon 26 votes
    28.Takeuchi Miyu 24 votes
    29.Ahn Yoojin 23 votes
    30.Kim Sihyeon 23 votes
    31.Na Goeun 21 votes
    32.Muto Tomu 17 votes
    33.Lee Gaeun 15 votes
    34.Bae Eunyoung 14 votes
    35.Aramaki Misaki 14 votes
    36.Park Haeyoon 13 votes
    37.Wang Yi ren 12 votes
    38.Lee Yujeong 8 votes
    39.Lee Chaeyeon 8 votes
    40.Son Eunchae 8 votes
    41.Heo Yoonjin 6 votes
    42.Motomura Aoi 5 votes
    43.Go Yoojin 5 votes
    44.Lee Sian 4 votes
    45.Kim Suyoon 4 votes
    46.Yamada Noe 4 votes
    47.Yoon Haesol 2 votes
    48.Kim Minseo 2 votes
    49.Kim Hyuna 2 votes
    50.Wang Ke 2 votes
    51.Lee Haeun 2 votes
    52.Park Minji 2 votes
    53.Yoo Minyoung 1 vote
    54.Park Seoyoung 1 vote
    55.Kim Choyeon 1 vote
    56.Kim Sohee 0 votes
    57.Jo Gahyeon 0 votes

Because Japanese contestants are also dominating on Naver likes as well, the above list is something to keep in mind, possibly.

The following are major spoilers about who got eliminated in the second elimination (which hasn't aired yet for those casual people reading this).
    Normally I wouldn't trust rumors, but the airport commentary makes it look bleak for these people:
    1. Kojima Mako
    2. Iwatate Saho
    3. Asai Nanami
    4. Chiba Erii
    5. Sato Minami
    6. Nakanishi Chiyori
    7. Muto Tomu
    8. Murakawa Bibian
    9. Aramaki Misaki
    10. Motomura Aoi
    Source- https://twitter.com/Yubseyo/status/1023844309341093890

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

^ It shows 48G girls are very experienced in winning over male fans. [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i bet some girls spotted in the airport make top 30 and some not get eliminated

14. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    • Informative Informative x 4
  15. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Does anyone have predictions for next episode's ranks? I think Nako will be in first. Even if she really was 2nd in ep. 6, she had only 16K votes less than Wonyoung and didn't even have her performance aired yet, while Wonyoung did. I think Yunjin will also rise to top 8-ish after delivering a really great performance. Chowon or Saepii could place somewhere between 10 and 15 because of the hype around them right now and the 100,000 benefit. I'm most excited to see how Miu fares...

16. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    what's this about?

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Miyu's solocam on Naver got a lot of negative comments from k-netz (mostly male). Apparently those comments are from k-hearthstone players who held an PD48-related event. And his #1 pick is Naamin :fp:
    translation source (+ original screenshot s): https://twitter.com/CARRIE39482658/status/1022060489377951744?s=19

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It's actually the reverse that will likely happen. That ranking was for votes prior and up to ep. 6 so voters will have a full week to appreciate wonyoung's performance. On the other hand, voting ends soon after ep. 7 aired (after 1 day I think) so there's not enough time for ep. 7 to affect votes. Which is why some were complaining because all k trainees in top 12 had their performances aired in ep 6 while all japanese top 12 and many around the cut-off mark were only shown in ep 7.

Re nako, she can hit the really high notes without too much effort -- imo more from natural voice rather than singing talent. However, since many people can't or have a hard time doing it, it's something to be amazed at regardless. I notice that since she's become a legitimate top contender, there's a lot more criticism regarding her deficiencies whereas people generally tend to focus on strengths when it's not a top contender.

19. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    That news is from last week. It’s because a Naamin fan campaigned over there bribing them with in-game purchases. That fan NEVER told anyone not to vote for Miyu, they just wanted them to include Nanami in their Top 12 picks. Miyu fans were bitter with this kind of tactic so they were going off about it saying it’s unfair and stuff. But hey, a promo is a promo and to each their own as long as it isn’t hurting anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  20. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    eeeh mako eliminated???? nooo!!! i know it's just a rumour but if that is true then .... :cry::cry::cry: erii eliminated is such a shocking news as well if that is true

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018