TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well guess what, it has never been about performance. They're voting for her cause she's charming, likeable and funny.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Paulinespeed

Paulinespeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Every vote in SSK mean money but voters don't pay in PD48. (correct me if I'm wrong). Mnet should make every voter pay for their vote like SSK then no one would complaint. If votes are free, voters would just voted for anyone they like without thinking but when voter paid for vote then they would think twice. Of cours, contestant(s) with rich fans and fans who willing to spend would benefit from this just like Tomu was high rank in this year SSK yet never got pushed by management and she failed to get screen time on Mnet too.

If you want to talk about judgement by judges based on skill then it would be more worse as the producer (Mnet) would put words in the judges mouth and choose who they want directly. Meaning judges would still picked not so talented people because Mnet told them so. Any so-called "reality" show is just bullshit to me. Nothing is real. Even the edit was based on what Mnet wanted to achieve.

In fact, I also had thought of regarding votes cost money or not, Mnet can still decide the rank of each contestant. After all, who know the actual amount of vote that went in? Even in SSK, AKS can just simply said 1million for xxx. Just my thought.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

lmao with this ranking we can see that those trending videos don't prove much anything, they watch but they don't want to vote so?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

I'm seeing a lot of "Miyu got robbed!" and "Justice for Miyu!" comments on YouTube, Twitter, etc.

C'mon, guys...relax.

If Mnet really wanted to be a jerk, they would've noticed that Miyu was #30 and "accidentally" switched her with Go Yujin at #31 before the ranking reveal. People are feeling bad about Miyu, but they really, really shouldn't. ...Unless you're concerned about her health and well-being because she wasn't able to make her speech and whatnot. In which case, yeah, I don't wanna see that happen and have her leave the way that Jurina did.

I'm as anti-Miyu as it gets, regarding her making it to the final 12. However, I don't think anyone could've foreseen her dropping all the way to the cutoff line. I figured she'd be able to make it all the way to the final elimination, at least. If you want to blame Mnet for never showing Miyu on the show, it's well-deserved. But the simple explanation for the rankings is that people were willing to vote for her to be in the final 12, yet a significant enough portion was not willing to put her as their favorite or second favorite.

With Miyu trending on Twitter, and people feeling bad for her rank, she's probably gonna end up getting a lot more votes the next time around. This whole thing will end up being a good thing for Miyu, I'm betting.

• Like Like x 3
  5. nanayuki

nanayuki Kenkyuusei

I am really rooting for Miyu to be on the finalist. Hopefully knetz will vote her. It sucks being an International fans. Vote for Miyu Takeuchi ..please..

[mod note: this is your 4th oversized image today. The limit is 750x750. Learn it]

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It was still 12-pick up to this elimination so nothing drastic should have changed in theory -- not sure if I read your post right though.

Odds are really against the 48G trainees now with this koreans-only voting system. I think it was easier to include a few 48G trainees in their top 12 but I doubt if many will have 48G as their 1 or 2 pick. Especially the non-popular 48G members. I hope honda finds a way to retain her rank but I'm not sure she'll do well in 2 pick. Nako and sakura should be okay and might even do better in 2 pick (and 1-pick later on). Other than these 3, I think only mirurun and shitao miu have a chance of making it into the top 12. Mnet probably doesn't want just nako to make it so we'll see if at least some 48G trainees get better edits.

Everyone in saku-nako concept group made it and it'll be hard to choose which 2 to remove from the group: Saku, Nako, Minju, Jo Yuri, Chaewon, Na Goeun and Jang Gyuri. They probably want to retain sakunako for their live-vote power although they can also kick out saku and minju and have a really talented line-up. But then they lose the visuals. Haven't checked out how the elimination affected the other groups.

So Chowon would have still made top 12 without the 105,000 bonus but murase sae wouldn't have made the top 30 without it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

Well, today's episode was very interesting and emotional for me.
    My thoughts on the rankings:
    1. I was so shaken up, when Moe was called. I predicted her to drop within the top 12, but i DID NOT predict her dropping this far. I think her fans are going to push harder, next coming elimination. I hope she can regain her place in top 12.
    2. Myao dropped, but almost doubled her vote counts, from last time. Since there was a vote reset, i think she has done well. But poor her, she is the only one left in her team.
    3. If sae did not get that 100k benefit, she would have been eliminated. That is so crazy to think. I expected a higher vote count, like chowon tbh.
    4. Kim Doa!! rise! and i want to see hitomi x nayoung x nako moments. Nayoung is so loveable and she gets along so well with the japanese.
    5. Juri's rank is okay. I dont expect to make top 12 at all. Mainly because there are many 48's in front of her, that could block her from doing so.
    6. Uggh Yuehua fell out of top 12!!! This was also really upsetting. I am a Yuehua and Pledis fan. I understand peoples complaints on Wusple screentime, but its mainly starship girls who get that good treatment the most.
    7. Chowon top 12 !! this girl was once in the 80's can you believe, how much she has grown??!!
    8. Kaeun and Sakura dropping. Kaeun was predictable, Sakura was shocking, but she is a lock for top 12, so i wouldn't be too worried about her. Someone pointed out, that Jonghyun also got 8th rank, like Kaeun...
    9. Minami's mum, has been in my top 12 for a while now. I did not expect her to rise this much! Rapper storyline must be effective lool.
    10. last but not least YA BU KI NA KO !!!!I know she wont get 1, but i didn't expect for this girl to fly over sakura like that. NAKO POWER !!!

2 pick is next. im assuming fans will form alliances. Probably: SakuNako, Team8duo, NMB duo, Yuehua duo, Starship duo, Pledis duo???
    Miyu was trending worldwide. i got really emotional when the 48 members, were hoping for Miyu to be 30th, and when they all rushed over to her!! 48family at its best.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    wow, this thread move so fast than my country's internet speed. too many people that i liked already eliminated and only 3 japanese in top 12, also i read some comments in korean site that 9:3 is much better. woooooow korea is such a xenophobic country....

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

Oh, really? Sorry then, my bad. I thought I read that somewhere a couple pages back. But in that case, Miyu's chances of making the next cut look a little bleak then.

Could you imagine them doing the final 12 reveal, and no 48g member making it in? :^^;: That'd be hella awkward.

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It does but she should still have some chance left. 7,000 people voting everyday for 2 weeks is close to 100,000 votes and that's very roughly the gap between 30 and 20 (presumably the next cut-off).

I think the many drop in ranks in the top 12 are partly due to people wanting to save those that they wanted to get to the top 30. I wish they showed the week 1 rankings (week 6 actually) so we could understand a little bit more the drastic changes that occurred in this 2nd elimination. But there's still a few 48 girls left to cheer for and hopefully at least 7 make it to the next cut.

11. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Anyone got the raw for today?

12. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    • Useful Useful x 2
  13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    If this were true, Hyewon and Minju would not be in the top 12.

Edit: I heard a rumor that Hyewon was listed first on the voting site, and she might have gotten some votes because they people who were just voting for the coupons just picked the first girl on the list. :wtf:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    This would make a great narrative if no Japanese make it. They'll simply say that Japanese idols weren't good enough for Kpop standards. Boosting K-netz and Kpop fans egos.

Okay I am not gonna think about this possibility so as not to get triggered lol. I don't have that much faith in K-netz so I will just enjoy seeing the 48G members journey.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    mnet release practice videos of concept evaluation song with eliminated members. gonna cri for go yujin she really fits with rumor:cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    After the 3rd elimination in the first half of ep 10, the remaining contestants will split into two groups and practice their debut song to be performed in final episode.

Still waiting for the combined showroom reaction video, I love to see megu reaction

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think the remaining 48G members should just stop the going back and forth to Japan (for a while ) and concentrate on the Concept Group Performances. They are already handicapped by a lot of things and having enough time to rest and practice is the least that can be given to them in order for them to give a good performance and appeal properly to the audience. It's very hard to appeal and perform well when you're tired and have not had as much practice as everyone else.

On another note, it'll be hard for Kaeun's and Nako's team to decide which members they will remove.
    T1: Kaeun, Ahn Yujin, Kirin, Yena, Chaeyeon, and Juri
    T2: Nako, Sakura, Jo Yuri, Kim Chaewon, Na Goeun, Gyuri and Kim Minju (members are either visual or vocal or both for some) -- and nako looks really small on the practice vid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    You can't really blame Miyu stans for being so fierce about protecting her. The K-pop stan newcomers greatly appreciate her diverse talents (just IMAGINE what she could do if she was allowed the smallest creative liberty in a 12-nin K-pop band) and the (admittedly quiet) 48G veterans recognize this is the chance for spotlight she has been slept on for the last 9 years. Almost anyone recognizes her as someone who deserves success for her hard work and insane skill any way she can get it , if only she could believe in her own worth just a little bit more. Her fanbase is rabid because she's almost universally seen as worthy either in P48 or her social networks, it's just that she's not a visual but really, the moment she opens her mouth she truly becomes a goddess and people LOVE an underdog with mad skillz. I feel so sorry I've slept on her for so long, and I thank P48 for giving her the chance to prove herself internationally. Her becoming Worldwide Trending is proof that there are many who love her for her amazing skills and beautiful personality. If I lived in Korea I'd vote for her daily in every single device I owned and then persuade as many people as possible to vote for her XD

Also she's guaranteed a space in my Top 10 and I should really update my list accordingly.

This is completely unrelated but has someone bought P48 merch from GMarket? I am seriously interested in the active wear from the show (the leggings and t-shirts esp. A, B, and F class are something I live for, for instance), and I would like to know if someone has by chance bought official merch and what they think about it. Crowns are also my aesthetic and the pin is calling for me.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I hope AKS includes a Produce48 unit in a future single for all the 48 girls who joined but didn't make it in the final group. I mean come on.. Or can they at least get permission from MNet to release a Nekkoya Japanese music video with ALL JP trainees?

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura