TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

exactly. nako is actually 146cm

• Like Like x 3
  2. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Between this and the mid week ranking, mnet isnt even trying to hide their intentions anymore...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I wonder if that even makes sense though since it's clearly backfiring on them and making people vote for Japanese trainees more fiercely in retribution. It seems like kind of an obviously bonehead move if their goal is to get people to like the K-trainees more than the J-trainees

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Not necessarily -- and we'll only see the effect of the early release when the elimination rankings come out. People already voting for the japanese trainees can't vote for them more.

I think even if many people know what mnet is doing (and not everyone will know), it may still have a twofold effect that mnet probably hopes: 1) cause people not voting or not voting as much to vote for low ranked trainees that are their faves and 2) cause some people to split their vote into 1 high and 1 low. For example if my 1 pick is miru and my 2 pick is honda, depending on how much I like miru and/or honda, I may use my 2-pick on someone really low like goto moe so miru has a better chance of getting into the top 12 even at the cost of honda (so 1 less vote for honda x number of days in this example). In other words, the point isn't only to get more people to vote for lower ranked trainees more, it's also to make people vote for higher ranked trainees less.

If they didn't show the rankings, then people would have voted as they have been voting and this might be the actual result. I doubt if it will cause people voting for AYJ for example to change their vote to someone else because of the dirty tactic. If the dirty tactic favors you, I think you'll just accept the benefit and be silent about it.

Anyway, we'll see what else they try and if it's as blatant as this like splitting the performances into 2 weeks and putting 1000%, see you again and rollin rollin in the 2nd week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think that almost certainly will happen.

6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i imagine company stans and Korean nationalist negate any small advantage some 48girls might have from native Korean fan bases

7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I particulary prefer to @broz0rs's assumption (SakuNako's fanwar, Yujin got Hyeongseob-ed) because it's more reasonable than what I found on Reddit (trolls, flopped final group, JBJ 2.0 lolmao). Also, those troll conspiration probably are come from those who got butthurt because their pick went dropped hard (*cough*starship*cough*pledis*cough*yuenhea*cough*) so they blamed trainees who went ranked up high like Miyu and Chaeyeon. claiming fans of the eliminated girls vote for them for negative reason.

What I don't believe is about 'rescue vote' because Sakura, Nako, and Wonyoung's individual fans are huge so no way they'll be dropped hard. Also, I think half of Wonyoung's fans start neglecting Yujin because her "kuyashii" speech hence why her rank went dropped so much (although Starship promotes them as the package)

Not surprised tho, since three of Mnet's favorites went dropped out of Top 12 and there isn't Chinese representative in Top 12 :fear:

But, not only Mnet who are freaking out, but also K-agency. Now they're starting promoting their trainees on their SNS, even Startship duo did a tour to Yujin's ads (reminds me w/ OngNiel last year. what a strategy, huh) [hehe]

Actually I'm not surprised if Mnet decided to split the performances, since we have one episode more compared to previous seasons.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

The rumour is that the extra episode is something new altogether.

Also miss Chang Yuanying is Chinese.

9. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    they only can attack Nako with height problem, because they can't find any bad things about her

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. animevoicejanai

animevoicejanai Kenkyuusei

sad...

11. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    IMG_20180526_233131.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Pretty much agree with Sakurappu.

Jang Woon Young's alternative name? [hehe] :censored:

Btw @ariadne32391

Btw, how big Starship and Yuehua actually? Do they have huge agency fans?

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    idk about this whole troll or hater votes, eitherway they are still vote, if that make miyu and myao debut in Korea then i'm thankful to those trolls that has spend their time everyday to vote for the girl they hate/they think are ugly

even if the final group in the end did not achieve the success like Wannaone did, they still at least get some new fans and recognition internationally, and that's what miyu/myao will never get even after 9/10 years in their AKB career, so i really want them to debut in the final line up because they're the one who need it the most from other 48 girls contestant

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Just reading the comments on this thread, I don't necessarily think the surprise reveal was a bad thing. Like I know how a lot of people are feeling that the shock of seeing Ahnyu's and Kirin's huge drops will cause fans to get their acts together. I also believe that seeing Myao's, Miyu's, and Miu's surge will encourage voters that they are not a wasted 2nd pick. I felt a lot of people wouldn't have voted for them because they'd assume they wouldn't have a chance at surviving the next elimination, but the latest result showing that they can actually be in the final 12 serves as a huge boost imho.

I legit laughed at those tweets. Isn't it a rule that trainees are not supposed to promote their involvement of the show while still being active participants? They must have been in full panic mode after seeing the latest results :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Completely agree.
    People thinking 48s and K-trainees started from the same point - or having the same safety net below - is kind of sad.

Also it seems no one is thinking this kind of move and its consequences could be very well planned ahead and expected by MNET, for no other reason that they need to have a very half-japanese group. I would do the same if my main contractor was japanese and the richest market they aspire to sell the product I'm creating would be Japan's.

Granted, so far MNET hasn't moved like they have some decent business planner up in their sleeves, but I'd still consider the possibility. I feel I'm giving them too much credit though lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Starship is one of big agency, although not as big as SM/JYP/YG, Cube, FNC, and Big Hit, but same level with Jellyfish and Woollim. They have plenty of idols (Boyfriend, WJSN, Monsta X) with huge fanbase and have been sent trainees to produce series, Yeonjung became IOI's main vocal while Jeong Sewoon almost entered Wanna One.

Yuehua actually is the biggest Chinese agency, and they have created Korean branch so they can recruit Korean trainees. Notable idols are the Chinese members of WJSN and Yujin's predecessor Ahn Hyeongseb. Speaking about Produce series too, #1 and #2 in Produce 101 China are from Yuehua -but they won because they are WJSN members so they got initial popularity like Somi in Season 1.

They use their agency's SNS, for example are Starship, Pledis, and FENT. Even Woollim created separated account for them.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Miu reached 21k in an hour and received more than 30 towers, of which one guy threw 15 (that's 1500 $ for you). Poll revealed audience was 50 % Koreans, which was apparently less than before (though don't forget it's a percentage) and about 15 % of other foreigners
    https://twitter.com/828lx104/status/1027540166674530304
    DkKOQYxUYAAxNfq.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Thank you!!!!! :cute::cute::cute::cute:

I saw one fancam of Hiichan doing complex moves with ease. You are definitely right. The PD choreography are not as complicated. Really impressed though that Team 8 was this intense in stages. I can feel the impending fall into the fandom.
    But not yet too many fandoms.

Anyways to go back to PD48 topic, Miu's SHOWROOM was crazy. So many towers. Koreans really love her. I think she probably gained the most from PD48.

I think the guy was actually a female Korean fan. I think she was the one Miu said "Thank you Unnie" to. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    That's not the best part of the 3rd concert yesterday to be honest. The intro part is much better than the recording-allowed part. Though the 3rd concert is definitely my favorite out of 4. Btw, for those doubting the Teacher Teacher center, she was in 3 out of those 4 videos and also included in the dance line. She is far more from just being cute. As well as many other eitos.

That's the kind of fan she need for SSK [hehe]

Hmmm, I see why having those from Starship and Yuehua considered to be more desirable by Mnet. Thanks :)

20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    thanks for correction, the avatar would also suggest that (have to admit it was a lazy stereotyped call from me:rolleyes::blush:)