TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

They aren't big companies , pledis starship etc are middle tier companies that's why they react like that, BC at least these companies are kinda known

Enviat des del meu Aquaris U usant Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

There are rumors that the members that jyp paid the contract fee for are Murase Sae, Asai Nanami and Chiba Erii

Enviat des del meu Aquaris U usant Tapatalk

• Old Old x 2
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The whole JYP thing sounds like BS made up from a K-stan who has no idea how the Japanese idol industry works.

Japanese idols don't have that type of contract, AFAIK.
    If that was the case, we would never see graduations happening every other day, but only whenever their contracts expired.
    And we'd have lots of multiple graduations at once.

Some girls leave after a few months and others stay a whole decade. It's up to them.

If anything, JYP could be offering the money to the girl for her to graduate and move over to South Korea.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 11
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Murase is from Yoshimoto. Don't they still have the two-year clause?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Outside Yoshimoto I never heard anyone graduate and then banned for some years from entertainment industry.

From the age range, hype and skill, I would say JYPE might be interested in Honda, Miu, or Miru. However they are still in P48. Except they are eliminated next or not included in the outcome group, the risk to take it might be too big. The money sure is interesting, however the image that they can easily switch group when paid big enough is an extremely easy target for haters to burn and make it big. In the end it can make her or the group flop.

Say if it is someone who already eliminated or most likely to be eliminated this Friday.
    These names is more likely target, but maybe only Asai is the one feasible enough. Sae is still in P48 and under Yoshimoto which we know have that 2y clause. Even Riripon still under Yoshimoto. If she break her contract, then she will be banned from promoting in Japan for 2 years. Doubt that the JYPE group will cease to promote in Japan for 2 years.
    Erii may have decent fanbase in Korea. However, I don't really know skill-wise if she is compared to JYP trainees who got years of training beforehand.

If this happen...please, Choi Yena and Jo Yuri to be there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

It only makes sense if it was an NMB girl since Yoshimoto has the two year exclusion detail. And presumably they could decide to wave that for the right price.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, the NMB girls are the only ones.

And even then, weren't they changing their rules in that aspect? Or was that only for the new girls coming in?
    I'm sure the older girls could renegotiate theirs.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The 2 years rule is only for Japan. The girls can be located at Seo for training for the 2 years, just like how it works in my company..... cannot trade in HK ? no prob, fly to SG office next day and work there till the ban ends.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Guys, maybe you don't know it yet but Mirukii buried the 2 years rule of Yoshimoto through the court and now there is none of such things existed. :hehe:

• Like Like x 3
  11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

lol guys, NMB doesn't have that contract anymore. Milky didn't pave the way for this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Is it? well, that's new for me. Thanks for the information. ;)

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And yet... didn't she disappear for exactly 2 years?
    In her thread we can see how she announced the tour or whatever little after the 2 years.

If she did fight the rule in court, it didn't matter much to her in the end.
    If it did help the other girls to get rid of the rule, props to her. But I don't understand why Yoshimoto would be like "OK, we're letting the other NMB girls be free of it, but you're still gonna suffer until the time is up".
    Doesn't make much sense to me lol

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    NMB's new contract with no 2-year entertainment ban only applied for newer members (3rd gen draftees and 6th gen KKS), so current NMB members still use former contract with that 2-year ban (unless you want to work as yoshimoto/showtitle talento). But, they can negotiate with yoshimoto if they decide to graduate but want to lift out that 2-year ban :fear:

But still, JYP wants to snatch members of popular J-idol group for new GG who will be debuted in Japan? I've heard Big 3 agency try to snatch trainees from small agency, but not this one :confused:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    My not so good memory. Milky had a two year non-compete clause. Another person went to court about their own non-compete clause and won. Yoshimoto stated that they no longer include a non-compete clause in their contracts.

This article says that non-compete clauses violate the Japanese constitution.

"Article 22 of the Constitution of Japan provides the following:

"Every person shall have the freedom to choose and change his residence and to choose his occupation to the extent that it does not interfere with the public welfare."

Article 90 of the Civil Code asserts:

"A juristic act with any purpose which is against public policy is void."

In addition, Article 6 of the Labor Standards Act states:

"Unless permitted by act, no person shall obtain profit by intervening, as a business, in the employment of others."

Therefore, Article 22 of the Constitution (the fundamental law of Japan) can be seen to provide every resident of Japan the freedom to choose where they want to work, Article 90 of the Civil Code grants additional support to Article 22, and - although open to interpretation - Article 6 of the Labor Standards Act would seem to prevent a former employer from attempting to prevent a former employee from starting work with a new employer for their own benefit."

http://www.generalunion.org/laws-and-rights/1286-non-compete-clauses-the-law-and-you

Another good read is here, where the emphasis is on the protection of trade secrets and the length of the non-compete.

"Japanese courts would carefully scrutinize such post-termination non-compete agreements (or provisions in the work rules) and determine, on a case-by-case basis, whether or not they are valid and enforceable. There is no statute providing conditions for such validity or enforceability. The practical conditions gathered from many judicial precedents are as follows: • Agreed to on a free-will basis (or provided in properly established work rules); • Employer's legitimate rights or interests are protected; • Limited only to individuals involved in business relevant to the above rights or interests; and • Reasonable restrictions in view of the freedom to choose one’s occupation. The reasonableness of restrictions would be determined based on the following factors: (a) Time period (one year or less vs. two years or more); (b) Range (territory/industry); (c) Limited/specific vs. broad/abstract; and (d) Compensation (specially provided allowance/considerably high remuneration)."

http://www.ushijima-law.gr.jp/articles/WhenEmpLeave-5cust.Japan-2.PQ.PDF

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Then

I was right. :cool::p

That's why I find the JYP story so weird.
    There shouldn't be anything to pay to whatever agency the girl is at the moment, unless they want to give her an incentive to leave.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think it was on Twitter that I read where during Erii’s Showroom that her mom was telling her to study more Korean because of future opportunities and Erii abruptly cutting her off. I haven’t seen that clip, but it’s what started all this JYP rumor mill.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 2
  18. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Update about their upcoming performance on August 23rd at M!Countdown. They will prerecord it and here are the following schedules:
    I AM + 1000% - 6AM
    Let’s Meet Again + Rumor - 8:30AM
    To Reach You + Rollin Rollin - 11:30AM

Fyi, they release these so fans who want to watch a specific time slot recording could go. Hopefully they prepare fanchants :chuffed:. Solo cams will most probably be uploaded on MNET’s channel right after TV broadcast.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

IMO, JYP will signed a MOU with a major agency e.g LDH #justsaying

20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

This is ridiculous. The clause only really became an issue after her two years were almost up. Maybe it was easier for her to talk about it only after she was no longer subject to it? If changes only happened after the two years, of course they can't anything about her case since her time was already spent? Anyway she got signed with a new subsidiary of Yoshimoto. I think they made peace in their own ways.

The older contracts have it but the point is that it's unenforceable. :fear:

Anyway the sums they have to pay probably likely has nothing to do with any non-compete clause so there's no reason to believe that it is an NMB exclusive thing. Maybe it has to do with paying for the member's living expenses or something idk.