[PROJECT] Ikuta Erika 18th Birthday Project (Deadline: January 2)

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Dante, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    eriflower resized smallest.jpg
    Ikuchan will be having her seitansai on this coming Jan 18 of next year, and with that in mind, we've decided to make a birthday message collection project!

There hasn't really been that much plan for this project yet since it's just today when we have decided to make one, so please bear with potential lack of info, & don't hesitate to provide ideas or ask questions.

To be honest, we're actually kind of short in time for this project given that her seitansai is just less than a month away from now.

So right now, our initial plan is to make a poster which will be framed and can be hanged on the wall. The poster will contain all our messages. The design for the poster will be handled by @wahoho, but anyone who are willing to help may do so.

Format:
    Typed messages only
    Character limit: 140 characters
    Language: English or Japanese
    Include your name and country (excluded in the character limit)
    Send your message at ikudonseitansai2015@gmail.com

Target schedule:
    Dec 29 - checkpoint (hopefully, at least more than half of the messages should be sent already by this time so that the editor can already proceed with pre-designing)
    Jan 2 - deadline
    Jan 3 - design and preview
    Jan 4 - edit and review
    Jan 5 - order for printing
    Jan 18 - seitansai

Notes:
    If you haven't received any reply from us (ikudonseitansai2015@gmail.com) then that means your message is valid and will be included.

If you received a reply from us, then that means your message was invalid, most likely due to not following the format. We will be asking you to edit your message to make it valid and for us to include it.

So please check your email. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    ^

This is actually in collaboration with the Japanese birthday committee, so it's a good opportunity to show off there's strong supporters across the sea as well !

If anyone wants to send in Japanese, I offer my services to translate messages
    Do mind the character limit though.

3. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    ^Oh, guessed that it was only a foreign project, and feel it a little rushed, but then is fine. Sending ;)

4. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    ^ It is indeed a foreign project, but we're cooperating with her birthday committee just like the last time in our departure message project. Our birthday message project is separated from the Japanese' birthday message project.

5. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Wow, she already turning 18? Time flies. I remember following her when she was still a youngin.

6. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Notes:
    If you haven't received any reply from us (ikudonseitansai2015@gmail.com) then that means your message is valid and will be included.

If you received a reply from us, then that means your message was invalid, most likely due to not following the format. We will be asking you to edit your message to make it valid and for us to include it.

So please check your email. Thanks!

7. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Name... Can it be an alias or nickname or does it have to be our real name? I apologize for the silly question.

8. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Alias or nickname is fine.

9. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Thanks a lot to everyone who have submitted their messages! We're officially closing it now and will no longer accept newer entries. I'll post updates here once we're done with the final design. Once again, thanks!

10. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    We've never expected that we'd reach 78 participants/messages for this project especially due to the limited time allotment for the submission of messages. Initially, our plan was just to make poster but after receiving this much messages, we've switched to booklet instead.

We've came up with the final design and have it sent for printing already. The final product will be expected to arrive on Jan 10th or 11th. We will post pictures of it once it arrives.

Here's the LQ preview for the final booklet design:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5pwX6A8dKXyeS0wOVdnRWdSMk0/view

Also, I'm now deeply apologizing to everyone for the inconsistencies of our decisions. We've considered including messages that have failed to follow the format we've set.

It was the decision that I've made after realizing that I wasn't able to ask everyone who have failed to follow the format to make a revision of their messages. Also, some participants who have received a notice for revision weren't or couldn't make it in time. So instead of having those messages and works go to waste, we've decided to allow them to be included.

11. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    I actually send the message without knowing WHEN is her birthday...
    .. until now...

:wall:January 22th it's also my birthday :wall:

Now i feel like the dumbest fan ever...

12. Scryed887

Scryed887 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Thanks for considering for those who couldn't revise their message on time and could be included in the book

thank you for this project! :)

13. DC2805

DC2805 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the hard work!

14. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    The final product has finally arrived this morning!
    01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

Once again, thanks a lot to everyone who have participated in this project!

15. ajeossi76

ajeossi76 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Great job! :worthy:I'm really happy I was able to participate on this project and I think Ikuchan will be happy too :) So, thank you very much!

16. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Sexy!

Hope the handover today goes as planned !

17. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Happily reporting that our birthday message booklet project for her has been successfully handed over to her yesterday during her seitansai! Otsukaresama~

18. Scryed887

Scryed887 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Yay yay yay!! :banana:
    Thank you for starting this project!

19. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon