Sakaki Miyu (CUCA) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'STU48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I hope cuca had a nice birthday. She looks so cute in that picture. It's crazy that she's already 16, when I first became her fan she was like 10 or 11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

God I think I've been a fan for like half her life lol fml I'm old

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    can't believe i forgot her birthday :( happy belated birthday cuca

at least her japanese fans didn't forget :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It's a bit late but happy birthday Cuca!! :ome:

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    CUCA's dad wrote a letter to her and it was read in the stage yesterday. It was so moving Torochan was crying instantly.

But then when it got to the part where his dad comments "If your health is in bad condition please leave it up to my daughter and take a nice rest!" everyone bursted out in laughters.

http://stuoukokuonri18.blog.jp/archives/8974349.html

Edit:

Found the whole letter. Saving this here in case people want to translate.
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/990749719528800256

The 8th part is cut out for some reason but here it is where the funny part is.
    https://twitter.com/hoaka_tsukina/status/990744906120413184

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    ahh, that's so cute. I remember when we used to see Cuca's family every so often in her videos. I hope they're doing well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I translated her father's letter. Hope you enjoy, it's pretty cute :)

To Miyu

Congratulations for your 16th birthday.

It's the first time you have such a cool birthday party, right? You used to celebrate it with the family, eating your mother’s handmade cake.

It’s been about 10 years since you declared “I will become an idol!” and honestly I thought there would come the day you would give up on that, but you really ended up becoming one, you’re amazing.

Last March, when you decided to go from Kagawa to Hiroshima, I’m sure you remember everyone crying loudly in the car.

I can’t forget your determination at that time.

This year you realized you wanted to dance and sing, but also that relying only on those isn’t enough.

But I saw you being serious and giving your very best efforts.

I believe those efforts will bear fruits.

Even as a substitute, even if you can only be seen in a corner of the stage, the way you shine the most is singing and dancing the best you can.

To give energy and courage by watching you like that, that was the kind of idol you wanted to be, right?

There are maniacs who support that kind of idol, even if they are unsocial and unfriendly. They clearly look around strangely and have weird tastes, but they are in abundance here.

Today as well, carrying blue towels and light blue T-shirts, they must be screaming loudly.

Those people who received energy and courage from the best performance you can give, are cheering for you the most they can. Please receive their message the best you can, because you must remember that corresponding to their expectations is your duty as an idol.

All of the members, as well as everyone in the venue [from STU]: you may be unsociable, hard to approach, not charming, a somehow stubborn kusogaki, but you are making your path towards your ideal image of an idol, while worrying, but doing your best.

It will be my pleasure to watch you grow as if you were part of my own family.

The tour hasn’t ended yet, and in Summer you will start your long-awaited boat stages.

The Cuca on top of the stage will power up further, and with high tension you will burst up your spark, so please show everyone what makes you special. You may not be singing as well as you want, but at the stage, you will be always doing your best. No regrets!

Mr. Fujiwara, it’s okay to be strict with my daughter as you lead her. If she’s not doing her best effort, please scold her in behalf of her father.

All the members, please take care of your health. If you don’t feel good, please rely on my daughter and take a break if it’s necessary. My daughter will be delighted to offer you as much as a can of coffee.

Please don’t waste any food. Your father and brother are watching over for you from Kagawa.

Every morning, we will make sure you give your “good mo~rning” with your disheveled hair and low tension. If there are any events nearby, we will go cheer for you.

It’s still impossible for me to yell the “tiger something” but I’ll practice. Because I’ll be having fun as the number one STU fan. Please have fun as well and good luck. Lastly, I want to thank the staff members and STU fans that held this seitansai. Thank you very much.

From your father

By the way, is Cuca's mother still living with her? I remember she sometimes was beside her while streaming.

• Like Like x 9
  8. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Oh man I started getting the tears in my eyes lol esp when he spoke of her realizing just singing and dancing ability wouldn’t be enough.

Stubborn and unsociable...that describes Cuca well, but I like those traits ahaha I guess I’m one of the maniac fans!

Thank you for the translation

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    Ah that letter was so cute her dad is awesome!!

I think her mother is with her in hiroshima (if that's where she is)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MikaCHansen

MikaCHansen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki (STU48)
    I'm not crying YOU ARE CRYING
    Oh damn her dad's letter is truly cute and amazing, I love how he scolds her a bit too
    The part when he says "Even as a substitute, even if you can only be seen in a corner of the stage, the way you shine the most is singing and dancing the best you can.", it broke me. But we believe in Cuca! And oh yeah we maybe are a bunch of people who may have weird taste...

Thanks for the translation!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Got pretty teary-eyed at some parts, but I had to laugh when he talked about the chants as "tiger something" :lol:
    Do your best Cuca's dad as to chant together with the wotas haha

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    CUCA and Hinachan on Yamaguchi TV program

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I had a 2-shot ticket today for Cuca but when I arrived at her lane at the start of the slot there was a definite lack of activity and I wondered if perhaps she hadn’t showed up? The problem was not with her, she’d turned up on time, it was simply that there was a distinct lack of fans to see her. This sadly surprised me as she’d had many fans shouting for her at the 2 concerts I went to last week.

There was though good news for me - I was guaranteed a cheki and a couple of minutes with her. At first she didn’t seem to remember me from the high wave after last week’s concerts but I was able to explain to her and she then understood and remembered.

81F8BD8C-FCFE-4CCC-92D0-12F0B7A3CF27.jpeg

As you can see from the image she took a lot of time and care over her writing, and although generally I’m not a fan of cheki, Cuca made it look very pretty and it’s a nice souvenir.

Indeed Cuca herself is very pretty especially when you can see her close-up! She was very friendly but had very limited English. However I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting and I hope so much that her popularity will greatly improve very soon.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I'm personally hoping for a breakthrough like your oshi Ogiyuka - not exactly a high jump on SSK, but that Cinderella story of the girl who had always wanted to be an idol and strived in the sidelines before achieving spotlight.

• Like Like x 4
  15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is actually now the great time to be a true CUCA fan.

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Cuca's SSK appeal video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  17. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Natto power :)

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    She forgot to take a bite lol

At least she is really positive coming into this event :approve:

19. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Her confidence in her appeal video has gone up a crazy amount compared to last year this time!

Not too sure about her natto focus this year tho lol

Thank you david61 for visiting Cuca :)

20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I'll leave my Cuca report here too (from the experiences thread) :)

Slot 4

Sakaki Miyu [CUCA] (Lane 28)
    At the April event, I managed to go 0-6 on winning the signed cheki and booklet. However, I knew I would be getting at least one today since Cuca-chan was an automatic win. I met with @David61 in front of the queue, shortly before the beginning of the slot. We decided to tandem, and were 1st and 2nd in line. Cuca came out, we took our cheki...

[​IMG]

Now the problem was that I didn't really think this meeting through. As you can see, Cuca took her sweet time signing the book, but I really didn't have that much to say to her. To her credit, she began initiating conversation with me. She asked where I was from, and how long I have lived in Japan. She also asked if I had gone to any of STU's concerts. What I find most amazing about Cuca is that every time I see her she seems more mature, idol-like, and beautiful. I'm just really impressed by her. So next time I see her I am going to plan some good stuff to talk with her about.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2