Shida Manaka (Mona) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
  3. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

I am a bit concerned about her health, see looks like a hamster. Someone pointed this out in the keyakitte kakenai thread a few weeks back.

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

not yet....Mona might lose portion of her fans base but this isnt the end of the world.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The much-trumpeted Bunshun article appears to be nothing, as usual. Bunshun has a very fuzzy (i.e., taken at night from a distance) pic showing Mona in the middle, with a woman to the left and a guy off to the right, all from behind. The article claims that Mona was with a local male friend in her home town in Niigata, that they went back and forth between each other's houses, and that she stayed at his house one night. No proof of any of that. It also says that the woman with her was Neru. It might be. Let's see: bringing in a third wheel is not exactly what you do when you want to be with a boyfriend.

[​IMG]

The guy was asked and said he and Mona were friends from middle school, not romantically involved then or now, and that he had been worried about her ever since she entered Keyakizaka, that her health seemed to suffer. The pic of the three of them was supposedly taken when they were out looking at cherry-blossoms in a well-known park in the evening. On the day after the last of the three anniversary concerts.

In other words, concocting a story from just about nothing. 2channel antis have gone nuts, especially since Neru is involved. The word "tanuki" appears frequently, lol. Over 7000 posts in less than twelve hours. I haven't read much of it, but it just seems like an anti- festival, without real content. Neru continues to have many low detractors.

This also has no proof, but just to add to the confusion I'll repeat a rumour that Mona's problem is that she had a stalker and he ended up being harmed (killed?) in front of her (not by her bodyguards). This naturally had serious emotional effects on her, according to the rumour.

The main thing I get from this is that Neru is a good person, having gone off to Niigata to encourage Mona. But the piece could still have harmful effects. Some wota are completley irrational about any actual guy being anywhere near their idols. We'll just have to wait and see.

source1 source2 source3(partial story on Bunshun's website) source4

Support page with many good photos of Mona.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I bet on Mona AND Neru being on a date and the guy just wanted met his bestfriend's girlfriend, like normal people do. :D

Anyway, Shida is Shida.
    Enough said. :chuffed:

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Someone has left a cryptic message on my blog post about this saying I've "missed the plot completely." But they didn't say how. If anyone can correct my version, please do. I've only seen the reports, not the full original piece in the magazine.

8. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    "Lost the plot" is a British phrase that's basically the same as saying you've gone mad. The guy is suggesting that if two 19 years olds are staying at each other's houses overnight then you'd be crazy not to assume they're sleeping together.

I'm personally not bothered, I'll still like her either way. I hope her and Neru don't get too much hassle from all this.

9. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    As I said in the general thread-

If Neru didn't know the friend, and either decided to hang out with them for fun or planned on hanging out with Shida, who then invited her friend, the angry wota's arguments still stands.

I don't think angry wotas go to 2ch to rant when things like this happen, so don't take the stuff there seriously.

As for myself, I think she should have been more responsible considering she is an idol, regardless of whether he is a lover or just a friend, she should not have made such an obvious rendezvous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From my point of view, it's up to the magazine to prove things, not to us to disprove them. In North America, sleeping at each other's houses might suggest they slept together. I don't know about Japan. One can sleep at the house of family friends. And in any case, nothing I've seen publicly so far demonstrates anything about anyone staying at any house. Is it reasonable to believe the unsupported word of a paparazzo?

The only actual evidence I've seen so far is this new photo, in which Mona seems to be wearing the sweater/jacket the guy was wearing in the other photo. And even that isn't really evidence.

[​IMG]

Of course, I come from a position completely unlike those who are upset: I have no problem at all with idols having boyfriends.

And there are various kinds of "angry wotas." Some seem to me to inhabit 2channel, others stick with twitter or other means of communication. Personally, I find a lot of great stuff from knowledgeable fans on 2channel. As well as lots of vacuous and/or salacious nonsense.

The way I reconstruct this is that after the anniversary lives, Neru went to Niigata to see and support Mona. Her friend was there, too, and they went out together to see night sakura. This is a problem? Actually, of course, it is a problem, because of the intense feelings of some fans/non-fans and the normal human tendency to jump to the conclusion you most wish for or fear. The story may evolve. There are comments on both sides of the issue on Twitter and on matome sites (which get their comment from 2channel and Twitter).

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Bunshun got some juicy stuff on Mona and these photos going to piss off some wota :whistle: this incident isnt as bad as Yukirin ski trip scandal. (source source2)

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I get the point, but in her mind perhaps it was just going to the local park with a friend who lives a block away. And she is a long way from Tokyo. So I can't blame her, really. Bunshun is basically evil, but they have a job to do and they do it: find as many almost-scandals as possible and hope one of them blows up and sells magazines.

@CutePanda -- Thanks for the links. Very interesting. But being photographed hugging a guy in an onsen hotel is a far cry from walking in a public park with a guy and a girlfriend. Let's hope the wota public thinks so, too. There are comments from 2channel on matome sites complaining about being tricked into spending Y864 on a "video" that turned out to be a slide show with little new. Another photo:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I hope Shida will bounce back from this situation. I wish she knew there are people, despite language barriers and thousands of miles away, that worry and care for her. Ganbare, Mona!

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    After reading the reconstruction I won't be surprised if Mona was a casuality because they were actually following Neru lol

15. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i haven't seen one pic that makes me think yeah this guy and girl is a couple. there is always the "friend zone buffer between them. If anything Mona and Neru look more like an item than anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

if only they could showroom at home, then maybe she could've just stayed home and looked to the fans to cheer her up

but nope that's not an option, goodjob sony

sometimes you just to to say bokuwa yada to the friendzone in order to see cherryblossoms in your relationship

17. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    So, with regards to this scandal thingy, I just wanna share something. I just happened to remember it after scrolling down and reading some of the tweets related to it.

I just saw Mona from her sibling's instagram story few days before the scandal happened, wherein they were throwing a party. I'm sure it was her since she was wearing the same outfit as seen from the scoop minus the cap and the jacket and of course, her hair.
    Dbov0SjUQAA7UPl.jpg

Welp. That's all. I just wanted to share it here, lol.

18. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

But what if that guys isn't into girls? That would be even worst, a civilian being outed by the press, to clear an idol's name.
    For what we know the whole issue might as well be planted by sony, just to create a bit PR. Sony and Aki-p's tentacles have long reach. If they wanted to contain something, they have power to do so. Obviously there is nothing to this story, hence why they ignored it and let the press make a fool of themselves.

19. neko megu

neko megu Kenkyuusei

Does anyone have a copy of the bunshun? I didn't read it yet. So I don't know anything

20. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    There are links in the general thread.