Single [SINGLE] French Kiss [Zutto Mae kara] 2010/09/08

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Criss, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 French Kiss [Zutto Mae kara] 0/0/0

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    wait wait, if this unit for whatever reason pulls out a first good single and then continues growing as a popular sub-unit then it might end up pulling a WH method, by adding more members into the group they would have to add Shizuka and Natsuki, it's possible since there is nothing particular about these 3 that they should get a unit and not add Nacchi or Shiichan.

2. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Oh I know right? I was just kidding. Unless two girls in AKB were a legit couple (*cough*saeyaka and mayucchan*cough*) I think it'd be a bit awkward to watch them kiss.

3. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

mayucchan?

4. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

True. Though, knowing me, I'd find it awkward anyway. :lol:

Mayu and Nacchan.

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Regarding the whole "French kissing" thing, France (and Europe) has always been romanticised by Japan (I remember reading about a Japanese couple who sued their travel agent because they were so traumatised by how rude and un-romantic the French were that it ruined their honeymoon, or something :rofl: ). So it could just be used to make it more "romantic". Though "French kiss" does show up in the Japanese dictionary (also known as a "deep kiss"), but given the Japanese aren't quite as open about such intense displays of affection (at least in public)... I'm kind of reminded of Kuchi utsushi no Chocolate, the rather saucy displays of affection (eg making out in the cafe) talked about in that song.

I dunno. Someone who is in Japan and has experience on the Japan side of things is probably the only person qualified to answer. [hehe] But since Aki-P isn't exactly naive to the western world, I'd say it means exactly what it says...

6. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

In the Watanabe roster, these girls are the top 3. Yukirin > Akicha > Mocchi. Nacchi & Shizuka are no where near their popularity. & 3nin groups tend to be more popular than 5nin I think.

Who knows? Maybe there's a Natsuki, Shizuka & Nachu unit coming out [hehe]

7. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

yeah, but in WH, Nakagawa Haruka didn't make senbatsu last year, but still was in WH and look where it got her this year and they also added Kikuchi Ayaka who didn't make it this year, but thanks to WH she'll get plenty of exposure throughout the year and who knows if God forbid there is a sembatsu election next year if we might see her in top 10. I figure Watanabe recognizes the potential within Shizuka and Natsuki (they did hire them after all) and like i said earlier if French kiss ends up popular then they may get added.

8. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

[shock] please let this unit be a permanent unit [nod]

i knew Yukirin & Akicha will have a unit together after watching their Temodemo no Namida performance, Mocchi is a nice surprise :)

They're singing for Major seeason 6 anime? the last season that i watched was 3, i definitely need to catch up now :D

9. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

^
    But doesn't a season in the show last 51 episodes?

10. Naomi

Kikuchi was probably added because she was suposedly supposed to be in Watarirouka before she got fired. Maybe Watanabe doesn't want to have Natsuki and Ooya in units. Maybe they just want them as "talents" or something.

11. ringoapple

ringoapple Kenkyuusei

I love this new unit already! Some of my fav members (especially Akicha :inlove: ) Asuka has a great voice for ballad's and slower paced songs so hopefully this unit is chocolove-esque. I could see this unit continuing on if their sales are high.

12. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

yeah, but i once heard (could be wrong though) that Wh first started as a 3 person group.

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

From looking at the anime's home page, you're mixing up terminology. There's 6 "seasons" (one a year), but each season (they call them "series" here) is only about 13 episodes long (the kuuru format). They're doing the 6th series song, which will be the 2010 season.

14. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

All of the WH members were in the same agency, which is why they were put in a group.
    Also Ayarin was originally supposed to be in WH, but then that whole scandal thing where she got fired, & then when she redebuted in a Team, they added her.
    That was Okawhatever Sisters. It was the 3 popular Ogipro Team B girls, and they added the 4th for WH.
    CinDy wasn't loli enough to fit the theme lol.

But that was still when Team B was new. Nacchi & other girl have been around for a while, and it's kinda obvious their popularity isn't going to skyrocket any time soon :fear:

15. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Well i'll still believe my theory, afterall it's not like AKB48 is above trying something different, i'll be more or less sure of of possible additions to the group after seeing how the first single turns out.

16. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

Interesting group. I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think Nacchi and Shizuka would ever be added to the group. In addition to the popularity thing, they just don't seem like they'd...fit in with the image the three have.

17. Naomi

^ I think Natsuki would fit, but not Ooya.

I don't think either of them will be added, especially if the group turns out to be really popular because fans would most likely like it just the way it is. It'd be like adding someone to No Sleeves, and I'm not sure too many people would like that. ;D

18. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

really? i thought it was about 20+ episodes per season [speechless]

edit: checked at AnimeNewsNetwork, each season contains 26 episodes :)

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana

Yeah. Ayarin in WH was definetly part of the original plan. She was popular, team B, and from the same agency. Also, the 5-nin formation lets them put Mayu center.

And I don't think we should take the name to literally. I very much doubt there will be any actual french kissing involved. Just like "No Seeves" often wears sleeves. It's just a name

20. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

*yawn*

I'm hardly interested in this unit.

None of them are in my top 10 or even top 15.