Stage48 Autumn 2020 Shuffle - Staffing Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Kuura, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Stage48 Autumn 2020 Shuffle - Staffing Changes

[​IMG]

As you may have noticed, we've been having various database-related problems this past year, and the Wiki48 also needs some fixing. We're always on the lookout for more capable staff that fit most or all the following criteria:
    • Experienced poster - should know how Stage48 is usually run
    • Ability to be level-headed and impartial
    • Knowledge of how the 48 Group really works in Japan. Having been to Japan is not a requirement, but a big plus
    • Same deal w/ Japanese, not required, but a plus
    • Able to guide discussion in an appropriate direction as needed
    • Be unified with the rest of the staff
    This time we also looked for technical prowess and willingness to help with the technical side of the forum. As such, I'm glad to announce the following additions to our staff, effective immediately.

昇格/Promotion

@dutchie --> Technical Moderator
    @innosu --> Technical Moderator
    @Rurouni --> Moderator

dutchie and innosu will be helping us solve the technical problems in the future. We have plans for the forum in motion - we'll let you know more about them as soon as possible!

卒業/Graduation

@ithebigc
    @joooooooooe

These members are no longer able to help with running the forum, either due to changing interests or a lack of time to dedicate to the forum because of real life commitments. To avoid further confusion, I will be changing their status back to regular members so no one tries to go to them for help.

Please join me in welcoming your new staff and thanking all those that will/have serve(d) with us. Volunteering to help with Stage48 is a largely thankless job, but the above people have graciously agreed to spend some of their time to help get the forum back to its feet, grow the community and make it something better.

You can find a list of all the current staff here: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?members/&type=staff. Me, Cristafari and kanjo are staying on as administrators, and EinhanderX and sscrla are staying on as moderators.

• Like Like x 18
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

So we now have people to blame if the forum goes down :p.

Anyways, congrats to the new mods :) (All 3 are well deserved folks).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm well used to being blamed for almost everything as the developer of middleware software that has the 'bad habit' of logging errors .... which means ... every time a 3rdparty system doesn't respond our software logs it .... and people start saying .... "xxxxx has een error again" (add exclamations marks if needed)
    (were xxxx is our software) :D

(and while I'm writing this I get a database error ...... :/ )

• Like Like x 3
  4. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I wish all luck to the new and also the old staff, but I have a question. Do you have contact with Mr Waffle, if I'm right the owner of the forum?

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Awesome. I really hope we can fix the issue with the Stage48 wiki, it's still my favorite database out there.

6. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I'd love to help out with the Wiki since I have a lot of Sakamichi stuff I could add, but the person in charge of adding new people to edit is MIA right?

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I understand there comes a time for everyone when they can no longer, but I was curious as well about this. I remember ithebigc did loads for the forum, but did he ever have any connection/administrative power over the adjacent wiki?

As far as I know, only Mr Waffle has the administrative power to do anything major about the wiki, and then there's natsu-kun, who seems to be the only person that is able to edit the sidebar on the wiki (the one that lists the groups, for example). I don't think I've ever gotten in touch with Mr Waffle personally, and natsu-kun's powers are also limited. Is there any way to contact Mr Waffle and get him to give access to more people so they can try and fix major issues with the wiki, such as the image uploading problem?

I understand we had to implement a smaller image size limit, but the wiki doesn't allow for any images at all, and we have so many members now that have no pictures on the website at all (i.e. BNK48's recently announced 3rd Generation).

Sorry for going off on this tangent, but if there's any way to get more staff for the wiki page, that'd be great, too. Otherwise I fear that people will stop using it at some point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe
    agree with the things about the wiki

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I can only say, if we get the access we need to fix the forum then we for sure will be able to take a look at the issues with the Wiki as well, as we're assuming they are both hosted on the same machine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe
    Hopefully this is the year everything gets fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Yes; Waffle is still the owner of the forum, and we have a way to contact him.

Have you tried reaching out to @natsu-kun?

I agree on this one - we have to have more people in the wiki staff team. I believe @natsu-kun is still active from time to time, but leaving everything to just one person would be too much of a burden. As dutchie wrote above, if we get deeper access, we'll definitely take a look at the wiki, too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tashime

tashime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Twitter:
    cizzuhan
    Thanks a lot for keeping this forum still kicking.
    Cheers for graduated staffs and new staffs !

• Like Like x 1
  13. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Congratulations new staff!

So far, I can only work with STUDIO48 but I wish if there are 1-2 staff to help with managing STUDIO48 too. Silenka (our S48 member) used to help me a lot but she had passed away last August and I've lost a precious friend now.

14. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    What do you need helping with for STUDIO48? Translation?

15. haruna_hamasaki

For now I need help for new releases. I need someone to alert me on new releases for all Japanese 48 groups, soloists, subgroups, either for current members and ex-members. Like making a list of upcoming releases without me checking threads or wiki48 groups by groups.

Silenka used to help me a lot with checking romaji errors. Sometimes I did romaji either by using parser or on the spot just by reading the kanji. Sometimes I got my kanji wrong, so Silenka would correct them for me.

I don't need to ask help for translations because there's a thread Lyrics & Translations where members shared their color-codes and translations there. I will take those into Studio48 with credits and permissions from them.

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I would be happy to keep an eye on releases, if you want. I also recently suggested that we could have a new thread about sub-unit/solo releases with No Discussion, which would facilitate this a lot as well. I think I'm quite up to date with soloists/sub-groups/sub-units because I try to keep an eye on it for the Wiki as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. haruna_hamasaki

Yes, please. I’m glad to have you to be part of Studio48. I used to discuss a lot about Studio48 with late Silenka via e-mails. It’s faster to reach me. If you don’t mind, please check Studio48 for any missing current releases. We can either exchanging e-mails or just chat me using Google Hangout. My e-mail is in Studio48 under Contact Me.
    Thank you. ♥️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Kuura

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I might have time to help check the romaji!

• Like Like x 1
  19. haruna_hamasaki

Thank you very much. Mostly releases from 2019-2020 are not checked yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think you should just create that thread, we had a discussion about it and I didn't get the impression anyone objected as long as it's not a discussion thread
    (and I'm happy to 'police' that thread so that it doesn't turn into a discussion thread, i.e notification with a link to the relevant post in the subunit/subgroup thread)

• Like Like x 1