STAGE48 Feedback & Suggestions V

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Kyobu, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    May I know why my reply to gotbild's question
    got deleted? (I'm not that senile to forget what I post yesterday.)

It look like this
    , the reply is short since the hyperlink have the explanation.

Does it really need to be a long and thought about reply since the link is already doing it. I know who, probably, did it. But why the heck with the censoring? Is this how S48 works nowadays! What a dismal change of stance from freedom on posting.

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I suggest you to calm down a little. 'Censoring' isn't a nice word, especially when that link doesn't seem something deserving censorship and there is another post by Jul3 with the same link and that post hasn't been deleted.

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    The fact that the same link exist while mine was deleted prompted me to use the word censoring, I feel being single out in this. I've seen whole threads being deleted, with my post in it, but I didn't object since everyone got the hammer. And, I've also complained about repeats of threads and spams being kept in this forum yet they still exist for scruple.

And, my post that got deleted isn't simply the shortest and worst post there is. There are single words or just emoticons reply I've observe but why are they being allowed to exist and mine cannot.

If they are gonna implement a rule please do make it so it cover everyone, I won't complain if everyone will be treated equally.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    @ kimunlimited: Reconsidering, I admit I might have been a little hasty to remove it instead of editing it/adding something to it myself or contacting you to do something about it yourself. I apologize if it seems "unfair" to you. It doesn't have anything to do with "censorship" though, for we do have the "one-word" rule:

Of course the same goes for links as well. Now, your post isn't exactly infringing that rule since it - in a way - functions as an answer to gotbild. It isn't not infringing it either though. It's a grey area, but in general it's considered good tone and style in a forum to make submissions that you can introduce to your parents are literate.
    The issue is that your post was terribly short and came off as slightly "lazy". I don't think it's too much to expect members to at least write some more than only leaving a link. Looking at your post, it doesn't become clear what's beyond those two words. It could be any of the following: A Wikipedia article, a site to buy light sticks, a thread about light sticks on Stage48, a photo of someone carrying light sticks, a song called "Light Sticks", a YouTube video of someone doing wotagei,... or that SuperMerlion article.

I would probably take the same kind of action if someone asked if Rena is really gay for Airin and another member made a post consisting solely of...

You can see why. The above is an answer too, but it couldn't possible be more half-assed. In a way it is mocking the person that asked the question.
    When you make a post, writing a full sentence not only makes it look like "something", but it's also more respectful towards the member that asked a question than to just knock him over the head with a word or a link and nothing else. In that regard, the post Jul3 made was relatively exemplary. He not only posted a link, but described its content and commented on it:

Oh, you're perfectly right there. These posts shouldn't be there. In cases when it gets extreme, I remove such posts or merge them with others, so chances are you only get to see half of them eventually. One example would be the thread for the Tokyo Dome concert. The thread would probably be about four-five pages longer if I hadn't done anything about it at the time.

And yes, I'm still working on new rules and those posting guidelines I was talking about. It's tricky to come up with something that's satisfying enough and all-encompassing. They will be clearer regarding things such as the above.

5. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Regarding the point kimunlimited brought up, if mods are going to the effort of editing and deleting posts, could they not simply PM the poster saying that their post was being edited or deleted, possibly with a reason why. People will always make the same mistakes again if not told they are making a mistake. For example one of my posts got edited by mods to remove the final line where I thanked caramujo for the information, but the rest of the post remained. I have no idea why and it just seemed rude to that poster when I was just trying to credit and thank them.

6. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    All clear. I haven't been PMing everyone over each little correction.

What you say is only reasonable. I've sent you a PM about that.

7. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Hi all :)

On the NMB girls and NMB galleries pages, there are a hand full of recent graduates who have not been moved to the Graduated Girls forum. Fujita Runa, Ota Riona, and Togo Sora have sadly all gone :(

My Sora-chan... T____T

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Regarding the Q&A thread, I'd like to move it to a more straightforward, less discussion-y thread, literally just a question and an answer- while I know people like discussing things (it's a discussion forum after all [hehe] ), people often ask the same questions over and over because they don't want to have to wade through all the previous posts in the thread, so we get a lot of redundancy.

To aid in this I'll try and hurry up and finish the new FAQ thread I've been veeeery slowly working on :fp: I'll dedicate tomorrow to working on it, farming the Q&A thread to find the stuff people want to know and centralise it, along with Melos' FAQ.

Taking care of it now, thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: took the opportunity to do some renaming of graduated girls threads to make it more consistant. What a depressing experience, seeing all those faces I'd forgotten/never even seen :cry:

9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Yes, of course. I'll get to that in a few.

11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    are you related to sub48? (stage48,wiki48,vid48....looks like the same to me)

if so, is subbing the bonus of the tokyo dome concert on the list?(all the dvd would be too long i guess...but i hope also!)

thank you

12. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Some Sub48 members post here, but we're otherwise unrelated. You can find them over on their forum here- http://forum.sub48.com/

13. archite

archite Kenkyuusei

Hi there, I've been on Stage48 for a while now, and just wanna say how I really like this forum. How dedicated some of the staffs/mods/top posters are continues to amazes me and contribute to a great forum experience.

Just a suggestion though. Is it possible to kinda have a function to save posts on the site? By that I mean, being able to favorite certain posts in a thread and then viewing them from the user's own control panel (this can be made anonymous or known to the original poster, whatever you prefer). There are many great and informative posts on the site but it can quite a hassle going through all the past pages of the thread just to search for them sometimes. Just thought that this may be pretty cool. In any case, thanks for all your work so far :)

14. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I don't know how quickly Admin can get around to implementing that idea (assuming that the idea is even possible at all with the current forum's control panel), but as a quick work-around for the time being, you can try saving the URL for each post you'd like to save into a special folder in your favorite browser, and then viewing them at your convenience.

And if you'd like to thank the person for their helpful or insightful post, then I guess you can either reply to the post or PM the poster yourself.

I hope that helps. :)

15. archite

archite Kenkyuusei

Oh hey Gideon. Nice to see you here again ^^; No biggie if it can't be done but alright, will use the suggestion you gave for now then. Seems like a good idea though I'll have to get about to arranging those bookmarks of mine. Thanks for the quick reply :)

16. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm not sure if it's possible, I can look into it. If you think that the post is important and informative (eg new details for an album or something) you can always ask a moderator to put it into the first post (click the "report" button in the top right and tell us "this is really useful!") or something, the first post being a repository of the best info from a thread is something that's always handy.

17. archite

archite Kenkyuusei

I see... Though I'm not sure whether you can call a post filled with video links/clarifications/random facts about the members useful :^^;: At least not for everybody since it's pretty subjective, but wow, ok. Noted. Never knew the 'report' function can be used that way. Thanks in advance for looking into it too :)

18. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Is it possible to delete your own account?

19. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

When it's the birthday of one of the current members, the name of her thread changes temporarily. I guess it would be logical to change the name of the threads about graduated members too...

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    ^ That's HoneyRoastedPeanuts manually doing that every time, that's a lot of work to ask for...

No, only an administrator can do it. And I don't do it for non-spam accounts because it plays havoc with posts that no longer have an owner it (or if the posts are delete too, it breaks the flow of the conversation). Not to mention user accounts are fundamental to the layout of the forum's database and that's something I don't like playing with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.