Super Junior

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by RocketStarLauncher, Mar 30, 2009.

1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    So, I don't know ANYTHING about the group, other than the fact that they're Korean, but I have been trying to find as many MVs/PVs for them as possible lately, and I've fallen in love with Sorry Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QO6SjMsmY8

Funny story:

I posted the video on my Facebook and told a bunch of my friends to watch it and comment on it. And these are definitely not AKB48 fans, much less any J-, K-, or C-pop fans, so I was thinking I'd get another "Asian music sucks, Sean," from them, but instead I got:

2. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Dude, those reactions are so awesome.

I've wanted to make a Suju thread for a long time but I've never known how much interest there'd be. My second signature ever on this forum actually had a picture of Nacchan where she really looked like Eunhyuk to me, and a picture of Eunhyuk. But while everyone on this forum knows me for my Nacchan and Myao love, my number one idol in the world is Suju's Kim Heechul. He will always be my number one. I wear a necklace with his Chinese initial on it and everything...I'd say "call me obsessed", but you guys of all people understand, right?

It's been a couple of years now that I've been a Suju fan. Hardcore love, man. <3

3. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    Suju is pretty awesome. I'm not a huge fan but a fairly big one. All the guys are so talented and they have some excellent songs. Their new album is good, some of the songs were a bit meh but definitely enjoyable over all. My friend I are always going SORRY SORRY SORRY in our IM's XD

4. Natsumi

Natsumi Kenkyuusei

<3<3<3<3

I liked Suju after looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAfsdb2rJA
    Is funny if you know spanish U_U
    It is not a translation. It is a vulgar Spanish

5. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Sadly, it would be lost on me, for I don't speak Spanish. However, I've always adored these Don't Don parody subs...that ...(...or Kaoru from Dir en grey) on my wall. =3

6. Natsumi

Natsumi Kenkyuusei

I would do the same thing, but already I do not have wall to stick posters

Gomen ne, my Chula <3

7. RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan Kenkyuusei

8. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^That video is adorable! And they speak pretty good English!

9. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

The English in Super Junior Full House is amazing. And by amazing I mean GOOD TIMES. I have multiple icons of various quotes. Possibly the best moment of the entire series, though, was when one of them told one of the homestay girls that she looked like Nicholas Cage. You don't notice it until he says that but then, my GOD. And you can never look at Nicholas Cage the same way again after that. YOU LOOK LIKE A NICHOLAS CAGE!

...Yeah.

I love how Shiwon's English seems better than Kibum's in SJ Full House when Kibum's the one who actually lived and went to school in America for some time, haha. I haven't heard much English out of Shiwon, though.

By the way, I love how Donghae introduces himself with his English name whenever he speaks English. "My name is Aiden Lee!" I think the name really suits him, somehow.

10. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

NEW SINGLE GO.

Heechul is AMAZING.

11. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I like Sorry Sorry much more, but this one is okay. For some reason, I'm really liking dance scenes in PVs lately.

Why are there 11 guys at the start, and then 13 at the end? Am I miss-counting them?

12. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ I've only watched twice so far so I haven't noticed myself, but Heechul could've still been having leg problems and only come out closer to his part, and I dunno about another person not being there the whole time. Who knows. How are we supposed to keep track of thirteen people? Much more practical for everyone to keep track of their favourite and then report back to everyone else. XD

The great thing about this single is that it gives some members who don't normally get solo lines a chance to shine. I love Sorry Sorry, but it was very obviously biased towards the front members. The others get more screentime in this single. And yes, Heechul in particular. =)

But also, SINGING SOLO LINES FOR EUNHYUK AND SHINDONG WHAT. Usually their only solo lines are rapping, unless we're in Super Junior T mode, where they get singing solo lines like once in awhile. In an actual Suju single? That is AWESOME! And Shindong's voice sounds so good! Every time I hear him actually sing I'm amazed that they've been keeping his voice a secret. <3

I like this video better than Sorry Sorry (colour is nice) and Sorry Sorry is a more instantly catchy song, but this song is more LSDKJFHJKDFJ LOVE, in my opinion. So yeah, I am damn PLEASED with this single. I cannot wait to own my copy of the repackaged album.

13. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

I haven't watched the performances enough to notice who the 2nd guy that joins late are.
    But Heechul joins after ~3min, right before he sings.
    No idea why. Might be he still got problems with his leggs as mentioned above.

Kibum was also absent for most (??) performances taking care of his sick mother.
    (According to what I was able to dig up.)
    But then he wouldn't have made an appearance at all.
    Seen other members be absent for some live performaces too, so guess it depends which performance you have in mind.

14. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ I know Heechul has been continuing to have issues with the leg he hurt in the car accident in '06. I remember last year he made a blog entry one day saying that he could hear the rod in his leg making noises. DDD: I'm pretty sure he got the rod out within the last year, but the leg is still healing and whatnot. I guess he really effed that leg up. D:

15. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^So that's why you're afraid of driving...

I've watched the PV a few more times, and I like how it's less catchy than Sorry Sorry. It makes you want to watch it again and again, though.

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Which is why I certainly appreciate the iPod version I downloaded last night. =D

I've had the same kind of experience: "Hmm, I've forgotten part of the melody...better watch it again!" Awesome.

There's a subbed version on Youtube, too, if you want to check out the lyrics. The chorus, in particular, is really powerful. The emotional power of this song is just getting to me. I love it.

<3

17. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    aforementioned Subbed Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CxWp7mrFCE

The lyrics are a nice touch. Is it just me, or do a lot of their songs feature repeasted words/phrases? Is that a Korean thing or is it just them?

I really like how the choreography goes all 10nen Zakura in its way of singling out individual members during group lines during the last chorus.

18. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Normally I don't care much for Super Junior. (Their songs does not seem to catch my attention)
    But I heard "It's You" today and I actually like it. It's catchy.

19. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I just checked out "It's You" on YouTube.

The song's aight, though it does grow on me each time I watch the video.

I do, however, like the dancing routine - it just looks so damn sharp. And the combination of preppy clothes and the black stage gives the impression of a musical dance number.

20. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I'm not a big fan of SuJu but I totally love ROCK&GO by SuJu-T with Moeyan. In Japanese, it is pronounced as ROKUGO (69) and for Korean version, it's Rokkugoh. <3