Tashima Meru 14th Birthday Project

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by SugarYumYum, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    [​IMG]

January 7th, 2014 will the fourteenth year since Miss Tashima Meru arrived on our little green planet.

The Meru Fandom at Stage48 asks you to join us in wishing Meru-chan a very happy 14th year. Our very own maririn has gotten in contact with the leader of Meru's birthday committee whom are currently working on their own message book. They would like to help the international community reach Meru on her special day as well and have agreed to give her our own book of birthday wishes.

The concept of this book is that we want Meru-chan to know she has support from all the world so we'd like to have everyone's messages in both their native languages and English (for easier translation to Japanese). Of course, if your native language is English than half the work is already done. :p Right now, we're asking that the messages be kept within 400 characters or less not just to conserve space but also not to overwhelm the translator.

To make the process easier, please use this form for the message:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JNW92nDModaBsGG_NvjUxEHOnrsougM-6WNVUezge_I/viewform

The book will be A4 sized and have a formal design. the_kaizer will be the one in charge of this book, if you have any Photoshop or online scrapbooking skills and would like to assist in making designs for the pages/cover then reply to this thread and contact him through PM or email: merufansite@gmail.com .

We also currently looking for translators to help translate the English messages in Japanese. This will not break the project should we not find one but it would still be nice if Meru could understand the pretty thoughts sent her way. :D If you'd like to assist, either reply to this thread and/or contact me through PM.

The deadline for message and artwork submission is currently: December 13th, 2013. This is because of the length of time it may take to print the book and send it to the Japanese committee.

Whether you're a Meru oshi or just a casual supporter, we hope sincerely that'll you will assist us in making her 14th year start off with a bang.

====================================================================================

Update (12/16/13):

Submissions are now officially closed. Thank you everyone for taking the time to make this happen for Meru.

Our translators are currently working on all the received messages. kaizer-san is still working on the book but has informed me that it will be printed this coming Thursday. He'll upload images for us to see it. [clap]

2. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    :inlove: yay its up. Great Job Meru Army we are halfway there.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I'm still here. I'm really thankful for the japanese commitee to let us cooperate with them.

I hope this project will have the same success as Haruppi's. International fandom is getting more and more recognition!

4. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    :D @gocchi your right and its exciting to see the Japanese and International fans working together.I love how connected we become because of and for our oishmens. :inlove: :cute:

5. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Maririn just informed us that she may have found a translator. Waiting on her reply with more details before I update the first post.

@gocchisama

Thanks for joining us! [clap] Would like to help with the creation of the book or will you just be submitting a message? :)

6. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Sorry i sucks too much in design work (only doing GIF on Photoshop) so i'm just going to send her a message "en Français".

French touch always give something special when it comes to letter!

7. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Good joint-effort. [clap]

I'll try and think of something, I presume that an image is fine aswell or are you only accepting pure text?

8. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @gocchisama: Ahhh French. A very nice touch indeed. :awesome:

@DeJure: Yes, I believe that'll be fine. Just PM it to me or the_kaizer.

9. KawaiiKisu

KawaiiKisu Kenkyuusei

Gotta love Tashima! :D She's so cute and talented!
    I am from Missouri, and hope that there will be a future NYC48, in America. I've been so inspired by the 48 sisters. Their work is amazing.
    Keep up the good work, Tashima! We love you! <333

10. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Welcome to Stage48. [clap]

You and me both on that NYC48 dream. I've had vivid visions of what their stages could like and performances in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. :blush:

Hope to see you drop by the Meru thread sometime. Would like to participate in this project? :awesome:

11. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    however you can also send me a artwork. if you want to make a artwork, just send it to the mail instead of message form. i will print them in different template if i receive much artwork then. :)

12. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    ah so do you guys already made the thread [clap] oh and sorry if i'm disappeared too long as i have many businesses :p , okay i guess it's to work [nod]

13. kudoushinichi48

kudoushinichi48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Great, you guys really make the project for Meru-chan's birthday [party]

btw, I'm new here
    Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu, minna-san [blush]

14. united_bryan

united_bryan Kenkyuusei

If we already send our birthday project.. will Meru read all of our message??
    how can we ensure it if she read it?

15. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @kudoushinichi48: Welcome! Welcome! I'm glad it appears our thread is bringing out some new members. [hehe]

@united_bryan: Our project is going to be sent to the head of Meru's Japanese Birthday committee and they will present the book to Meru on our behalf (they also are doing a book project btw). Ultimately, there isn't a 100% guarantee that she'll read it or even acknowledge that she has it. In the past, they have been members though that posted on their social blogs gifts they have received from the fandom. The most recent example is Kodama Haruka who posted a picture of the birthday book she received from her fans here. If it's any consolation, Meru did post some pictures of what she received from her birthday show last year so there is a chance our project will be acknowledged. :)

From last year:

http://i.imgur.com/CsUWu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0lSiM.jpg

16. united_bryan

united_bryan Kenkyuusei

Woww... cool!!!!
    I think we need to make this project to be the most successful one...

Let's make it awesome!!!!

17. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    we can't guarantee that meru will give us a feedback like what haruppi or other did, but don't think about it. as long as meru know that she has much international fans it is enough, isn't it? and the most important thing, we have tried to give our feeling to her and celebrate her birthday too. :)

18. united_bryan

united_bryan Kenkyuusei

Got it!!
    Give the best for her... [rock]

19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. <3

And yes, let's make this an awesome project for an awesome girl. :blush:

20. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Minna-san, we have our translator right here. Please give kudou-san a warm welcome. [party]