The AKB48 FAQ

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by hahaxwill, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    No problem. The regular sized locker easily fit my small-medium sized backpack (like a sports fabric one) stuffed full with a jacket etc.

2. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Made it a couple days ago, out of boredom :p

And yeah, a regular sized locker (it was one of the lockers on the bottom, so I'm not sure) can fit a backpack... I shoved mine in and it fit. (It's a Quiksilver backpack, so it's larger than the Jansports.)

3. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

^ Bored ?? :mrgreen:
    It turns out to be an awesome thread :XD:
    Every new members will like this thread :D
    Nice job there hahaxwill !!

4. Najivus

Najivus Kenkyuusei

IDK if this is a FAQ but i just wanna know, How is the new member (kenkyuusei) chosen to fill the spot of the graduating member?

5. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

Thank you very much, I want to send a letter ^^

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

The criteria for promoting Kenkyuusei to a Team is still largely subjective. I suppose that the management decides which team each girl goes to, and it depends on the girls popularity as well as some of her personality traits that could make her more fit for one of the teams. (i.e Takajo Aki was very popular --> Got promoted soon. Naruse Risa had a very particular "rock" like attitude --> Team K)

These are of course, only loose facts, consider how Kohara, one of the most popular Kenkyuusei got promoted only recently, and she was placed in Team B, even though she usually performed with A...

To make a long story short, it's a mystery :lol:

7. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Updated with the 98-chu & 100-chu. Not sure if I should include the facts on Kenkyuusei promotion since it's not really factual (or set in stone).

Maybe I will.

8. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

cool hahaxwill you made this thread good job ;)

9. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

This thread should be stickied, so it wouldn't get lost along pages.

10. auroragb

auroragb Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB48 FAQ

I was wondering, is there a wiki or some centralized place where concert set list information is posted?
    Because I thought that detailed set list information is a good way to learn about members.
    Also, which is the best wiki for akb48 info? Since thePPN dissolved, it's hard to figure out where is good to go for info...

11. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

Hi I was looking for information about dmm.com money-wise as I'm consiedering just signing up to get akb48 videos off their but I have limited japanese and can see there's something about getting a monthly something and I dunno...something(veeery limited)
    any help would be greatly appreciated :D

12. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

If you want to sign up for DMM, you need a Japanese credit card as well as a Japanese proxy, they don't let foreigners buy off of there. But anyway you an buy a plan for ~5000yen where you can get as many LODs as you want, or you can buy them separately.

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

damn that's annoying, I suppose if I really wanted to I could organise those things.
    Thanks for the info ^^

14. Natsumi

Natsumi Kenkyuusei

I have a question, the fanmail address is the same for AKB48, SDN48, SKE48 & Research Student Girls? [notme]

15. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ ske48 fanmail address is different. they are in nagoya after all. akb and sdn perform in the same theater, so they have the same fanmail address. as for research students, it depends. ske and akb and sdn each have their own sets.

16. strawberryxshort

strawberryxshort Kenkyuusei

Oh thank God! I finally know more now! Thank you for the FAQs! This is helpful! I am starting to like AKB48, and I can't wait to access the depot, so I can finally understand what the girls are saying and like them more! <3

17. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

You'll need to learn Japanese for that, there aren't translations or anything like that in the depot. [hehe] Things like blog translations are already in the girl-specific threads in the girls forum, and subtitled videos are typically shared on the hello!online tracker.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Wonderful job, hahaxwill...!!! [clap] I was thinking about a thread like this to help newcomers with "those strange words everybody seems to know, but nobody cares explaining". Luckily I found yours before suggesting it... It helped me a lot to understand many things, but I still miss the meaning of 'being a senbetsu', and the relationship between AKB48 and SDN48 or SKE48 (are the latter the same as the research students?). I'd like too to add a curious fact to the lockers issue. I attended a show last april and I used one but, when I had closed it with the 200 iens, I opened it again to take a bottle of water (my throat was absolutely dry). The surprise was that, to close it again I had to put 200 iens more :( , so take this into consideration before closing the locker... [notme]

(I think the questions I ask were not answered in the previous posts; forgive me if I'm wrong ;) )

19. blitzer

blitzer Kenkyuusei

thank you this FAQ Make me known AKB48 more.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Senbatsu: member selected to participate in a single's PV, recording, and performances on television. These are the most popular members of AKB48.

AKB48: main group of three Teams, A, K, and B. Also included is Team RS, which is the semi-official Team of Research Students (which have also been called Kenkyuusei or SEEDs).

SKE48: Nagoya branch of the group. Currently, they have Team S and Team KII, as well as a large group of Research Students. Some members are chosen to participate in AKB48 events, though the opposite does not happen.

SDN48: New set of girls who perform completely different discography of songs from AKB48, but retain a similar format. Members of AKB48 and SKE48 may transition here after graduating their respective groups. There are two 'Generations' of the group, and currently there are no research students. SDN48 has yet to be invited to work with either of the other groups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.