The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

I want AKB48 Musou!!! or Super AKB Taisen!! [party] [party]

2. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

Anyone pre-ordered gears3? I'll be playing that game as soon as I get the Asia/US version of the game (since the Japanese will be dubbed and censored). Gamertag: SKE244

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I just preordered the regular version, not really impressed with the collectors edition or whatever. Can't wait for it, co-op Gears is a total blast. I was in the multiplayer beta but I felt it dragged a bit, matches were slower than Halo MP, which is basically the only MP I enjoy...

I've been playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam recently, going through a Gundam phase at the moment... trying to get 100% achievements for it but probably have like another 15 hours of grinding :yikes:

4. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    wow.. I like playing gundam as well, but this series, Dunno but I dislike it [wonder] [wonder]
    I love playing gundam seed destiny vs ZAFT II plus :XD: <3 That game is so cool [rock] [rock] love both anime and its game [rock]

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yeah I love the Gundam VS series, I started playing it with the first one on the Dreamcast, Federation vs Zeon or whatever it was, like... 10 years ago now?! I saw the latest one in Akihabara arcades while I was there, the graphics and everything are so much fancier but it's still the same game at heart [hehe]

6. ellvahara

ellvahara Kenkyuusei

7. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

^^
    I actually just started playing Gundam VS in the arcade! I even bought the card :D I play it regularly with my friend everyweek (haven't been playing these days though, college has started again :D )

Need to play better and start playing against another human...

8. waynewoei

waynewoei Kenkyuusei

Haha tats dota 1 i m talking bout dota 2 :)

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm playing Loki for PC. It's like the Diablo series, but it uses mythological scenarios (Egyptian, Nordic, Greek and Aztec). It's a great game, but I got stuck in the Egyptian one because of a bug in the game (I guess reinstalling it will solve it, because I've finished the game before)

10. souji808

souji808 Kenkyuusei

does anyone play gundam mosou here in PS3

if anyone playing just call me :)

11. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Since there have been quite a few AKB48 name rip-offs coming out here and there (for a while now it seems)...

Have you guys seen this? Rofl [hehe] Tech48...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYvLGjsCz8[/yt]

That would be awesome but... would they make it? :XD:

Hmmmm... sounds interresting... [nerd]

Has anyone here played "Torchlight?" Couple of years old diablo clone, just want to know if it's any good...

12. karles48

I tried but I had some problems to install it and I lost all interest...
    Btw: the sequels of two amazing games have been released, Diablo 3 and Dungeon Siege 3; however, so far I haven't heard good reviews about them...

Mmm...interesting...do they have a Miichan version? :hehe:

13. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Diablo 3 isn't out yet so reading/hearing any reviews about it would be hard don't you think?

14. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    EhhhHh!!!?1! D3 is out?!?! :yikes: Where have I been... :fp:
    Man, I have Diablo 2 to blame for why I took too long at uni first time around :XD:

EDIT:
    ^ oooh, gotcha

Errrr... well... actually... It's the kind of game that I actually wouldn't want a Miichan version for, if you know what I mean.... :^^;: (apparently you customize the girl with parts so perhaps you can custom an anime Miichan...)

15. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ do you still play D2? just started playing again like a week ago, damn it's addictive (D2+ translation + AKB stuff is hard to combine all together >.<)

16. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^
    Rofl! Awesome! :XD:

But nah, I quit for good a long time ago a few months after patch 1.10 and bliz wiped all my characters...
    My Lvl99 NovaSorc ;Д; huhuhuhuhh
    (+34 to lighting skills, but that's probably crap by now...)
    EDIT:
    (i meant 34 to lighting skills, so that's just a +14 lol... yeah, that wasn't so hot back then either lol XD... )

17. karles48

Oh, sorry, my bad, I realize now that the word 'review' was not good here, 'comments' would be far better. I read somewhere that DS3 sucked because it had been turned into a 'Hack and slash' game giving up most of the role-playing part (and the Dungeon Siege series is - IMHO - as amazing as the Diablo series). And about D3 I think that I read some criticism too, but I don't remember which exactly, so perhaps it was just that I didn't like the preview [notme]. So D3 isn't out yet? Mmm...I guess that I understand now...some months ago I saw at the Fnac that a couple of games I was waiting for were about to be released, but they were DS3 and Heroes of Might and magic VI. My bad (again [blush]).

A couple of candies...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be62oa8wztI[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRWFV-mr9o[/yt]

18. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

D3 is currently in Beta, so there is some news about it on the web.

I'm sure it'll be great :)

19. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Well, I reckon the Diablo 2 has always been a hack and slash game more than an RPG. [hehe]
    I remember how we used to "rush" characters to hell difficulty and try to get them to about lvl 76 in a day so we can start loading it with the gears we've farmed through killing certain bosses about 100 times a day in work-like shifts... :^^;: :fp: (ooohhhhh, the hours of my life)
    Honestly, I remember the storyline of Diablo 1 more than Diablo 2! :XD:
    But yeah, Diablo 3 is looking mighty good. [rock] here we go again lol

Dungeon Siege is a pretty good series. [nod]
    Although I have a few complaints about the lvling up system, and how the mobs scale to your level defeating the purpose of spending hours and hours honing your skills. And the itemization is not as good as Diablo 2's (which was probably the biggest pull to it's addictability). It was better for me to just clock my game rather than build my character. :^^;:
    Dungeon Siege 3 is looking splendid btw! That preview video reminds me of Ninety-nine Nights :XD:

But yeah, I love this genre... :XD:
    Other similar games that come in mind just off the top of my head are Sacred (pretty old, and you can make such an OP archer XD) which is a lot more RPGish for those who enjoy that kinda thing. And Spellforce, which is an old one that I've just started playing and although it's meant to be more RTS like, you can pretty much do most of the campaign solo and has pretty good RPGing (not too linear and has side quests n stuff). The down side on that one for me is having to put in my serial key every bloody time I play. XD

Man... I just love RPG games :XD: [rock]
    (man, just got off my MMO addiction, i don't want to start again. :^^;: )

Oh yeah, one more great Adventure comes to mind...
    Castle of the winds! That one is epic. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [rock] :XD:

20. karles48

Yes, Sacred was good, too. Nynety-nine nights? Do you mean Neverwinter nights? That one was great, too (it's a pity NW2 was a shit). I've often been tempted to play Spellforce, but I always thought it was only an online game. Other great games are the Gothic series (Gothic 3 is perhaps the best game I've played), the Baldur's Gate series and the DOOM series (hack & slash 100%) but I still remember two amazing games called Wizardry and Shadowlands. They took up very little space but they were incredible (bear in mind that these games are very very old). Btw, I found a very interesting page for those looking for old games (I don't have reports of it but I downloaded one of the games and it seems it's good):
    http://www.juegoviejo.com/pc/n.html