TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

WK11 really turned Jurina into passionate wrestling fan. I'm curious what's her reaction if she meet Omega.[hehe]

For Heaven sake I hope she never watch any WWE RAW matches or her passion will get down to zero.

2. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

My friend made me catch this even though I was hesitant and after giving the first episode a try, I must say that I LOVE IT. Watched all 5 subbed episodes already and gosh, Sakura is actually so cute and likeable in this!! She was so annoying in MG so I wasn't expecting anything great from her but she actually delivered.

No shade to Sakura but I think she is the best choice for lead from a story telling perspective because she doesn't have a very strong character and is actually kinda bland which makes her perfect for this kind of story where we are supposed to follow the main character on their journey. Everyone else has already been typecast into pretty defined roles which makes it hard for them to be the main character. Renacchi will always be that rich, pretty snob; Yuria will always be that yankee... Jurina especially has been playing the same role for like forever.

Also I'm loving Haruppi's hipster look. She looks so good!

Kinda weird that Churi is in this. She doesn't look like a high school girl at all and it's not like she has a wrestler image (the way Dasu and Kaotan sorta have) but good for her for booking a job though.

Aside from that, this is already miles better than MG cause there's actually a proper story this time.

3. grawar

grawar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayasakatsumugi
    HAHAHA maybe wwe will hire her since most of the female wrestlers sucks

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

5. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Jurina is just a pro wrestling fan. If you watch Road to WIP 11, she still have hard time execute Tanahashi's finishing move (High Fly Flow aka Frog Splash) properly.

This reminds me with one of Omega's quote, "WWE is hiring people just to hire them"

A wrestler can accept large sum of money if they join WWE, but there's no guarantee they will properly booked. Look what happened with Gallows & Anderson now, despite being RAW tag team champion they are looks weak because of poor booking. They only do this to cripple other Wrestling promotion by snatching their stars. Recent rumor says WWE tried to sign Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai, of course WWE only do this to cripple World Wonder Ring Stardom.

WWE have lots of good female wrestlers actually. The problem is only Smackdown so far books them properly, while RAW is just being RAW, directed by bunch of drunken monkeys.

6. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Staff: Who's someone that you would probably win against, if you fought?
    Momoka: Nakai. (laugh) If I don't win against Nakai, I might as well quit this drama.

Milano-sensei: If N-san becomes an encouragement for others, in the sense that "If I can do better than this girl, I'm fine", and everyone performs well thanks to it, then it's okay that N-san is here. The fact that everyone is able to keep on going because that girl is here is amazing. Her presence is magnificent.

(Emphasis is from the original text caption)

Easily the most hilarious part of the video.
    I already had a feeling that Rika wouldn't do well, seeing that she didn't put any effort in the training. I was wondering what role she could possibly serve like that. Apparently it's being the official laughing stock and a living example of how bad you can get at sports for everyone to compare to.
    Seriously though, what was the staff hoping for when they selected her.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  8. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Was able to watch while I'm here in tokyo - the matches were worse than I thought lol. Really poor choreography compared to the ones with powerstones and company. Or the one with akane. Oh well, the story's good though.

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

They are looking for audience(?) extra (from mobame subscriber, etc(?)). Shooting will be on March 23rd. http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12257502437.html

For today episode, lots of action... bad action, but still action :)
    So far so good if you can tolerate the bad action/wrestling part.

10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    considering that these are idols and not pros i thought the matches were very entertaining esp. suda and kizakis brawl. and mion going under the mat was classic. its all a leadup to the next episode. I thought showing the weakness of the first matches was actually pretty realistic since we have characters that are high school girls that have practiced for just a few weeks. If the rumored 26 episodes is true then there has to be room for improvement. sakura and long speech matches should be epic. bird vs long speech is going to be good.

The stunts in the shoot sign video are impressive. if that is the level that pro wresting is at today then i might have to take a look. especially watching kojima double go out of the ring and back in one move. I grew up on World Wrestling Federation and Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling so my expectation is low i guess.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What was this episode ??? Poor Yuria ! Hum ? Sakura is going to save everyone again ! Pretty interesting !

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • I'm glad that they make Yuria lose. Her character has always been so confident and it's always about winning and finding someone stronger than her. She finally did found a stronger opponent, and embarrassed that she cannot fight back at all and even have the opponent kiss her as a mockery! It'll be interesting to see how her character grow in the future
    • That 2 vs 3 tag team! I really like this Voice Yamada (?) girl, she's crazy lol. I also found it funny how Rena's identity is uncovered so quickly thanks to Yuihan's carelessness, that she forgot to censor one poster lol. Too bad they lost, but understandable because their enemy have more experience and more training than them.
    • So it goes down to the veteran Yuihan and main character Sakura to even the fight. Predictable, but it's going to fun to watch the fight with everything at stake.

14. nyahappii

nyahappii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    mikeyspacejdot
    Well, when you think about Puroresu, any time a new fed goes head to head with an established one, the senpai group usually dominates and wins. (i remember Zero-One vs Pro Wrestling Noah in 2001).

And since Yokoyama's girls are new you'd expect them to be raw and not look polished so it can be 'excused' to not look finished like the Shiokane Gym.

BtW everyone looks cute. Some good moves done. Miyawaki looks like Meiko Satamura's kid would (short hair and ring costume)

15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Kizaki vs. Suda looks like an actual wrestling match and I really liked it. Because of Yuria's great acting skills they were able to make it look real. Even in WWE matches it sometimes looks ridiculous, that someone cannot raise his shoulder off of the mat before 3-count in the end. However, Yuria was able to make it look like she really couldn't.

16. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

1st actual post on this site, been lurking for years... This show is a lot better than i originally thought it would be.. When i was watching the 1st few episodes without subs my limited knowledge didnt help increase interest in the show since i like more action packed series like the Majisuka Gakuens... But after the subs started flowing in, the story of this one is actually quite good... Sakura has become a legit force among Idol Actresses... My main question is what do you think the power ranking of the wrestlers are, its like my guilty pleasure to rank fighters based on power as i've done it for all the Majisuka's.. The top 4 is obvious right now being Powerstones and Kouji Genba Alliance... After that I personally feel that Komanechi Yumoto might be 5th... Shes never really been shown losing or even getting overwhelmed by anyone and she seems to get the biggest cheers and gasps from audience/reporters than the other remaining wrestlers.. Her fighting MC Sakura in the next episode kind of boosts my theory

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

We haven't seen enough matches yet to determine exact power ranking for the wresters, but at the moment (after 9 episodes) maybe something like this:

1. Jurina and Yunbo (maybe Jurina slightly stronger, but they are pretty even)
    2. Suda and Yumoto
    3. Kaotan, Takayanagi, Miru, Haruppi and Kizaki
    4. Voice, Katomina, Nakai and Renacchi
    5. Mion and Furuhata

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Now I'm imagining her (Mion) yelling "Break, Break, Break" lol.

19. Surkledott

Surkledott Kenkyuusei

anyone know if the subbing of this show was abandoned? just curios since its 20 days since the last subs was released.
    it would be nice if someone could confirm whether its work in progress or not or not, so other subbers could pick it up if the original subbers abandoned the project.

20. dobod

dobod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    i'm working on it, at a snail pace, i have a life too.
    If you want to help the timing, that will be really helpful, if you want to take it over, go ahead.