Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. DEVON

DEVON Kenkyuusei

Thanks fot the update everyone.
    Her graduation theater stage is good & I'm satisfied in terms of setlist & member which perforning it. It's bittersweet & funny last stage for mayu. Thanks for her quirky & dorky talk. Mayuki is really legendary pair from end to beginning in akb history. It was so touching moments. They both was tough girl.
    Also mayu singging is graduation solo song without crying. It's make me fell in love & realize the song was beautiful.
    Hoping this last year mayu idol career end in bang.

Also.. Congrats mayu for 1m followers on twitter. Hoping she not quit Twitter & next year pls change her profile picture. Lol

2. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    One more performance and no more Mayu in AKB... *sigh* I feel sick...

3. Breeze

Breeze Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Today is Mayu-chan's graduation stage.

This is the last time that I can help you change backstage at the AKB theater in Akihabara, and there are only a couple more times to go when you will wear something that I made for you. It is really lonely.

When you first entered AKB senbatsu, when the youngest team, team B's Shonichi won 1st at Request Hour, when you won 1st in the Sousenkyo, when you announced your graduation... happy things, enjoyable things, sad things, regretful things, so very many things of all kinds happened that I can't write them all down. But, no matter what happens, Mayu-chan's stance as an idol is unwavering, walking forth on the path you chose with the pride of an idol, and the love you hold for AKB from the bottom of your heart.

Actually, I first came up with the idea of making your graduation dress into a dress of pure white feathers after the 2013 sousenkyo.

Mayu-chan was standing quietly in a corner of the costume department, facing the wall. You were probably crying, weren't you? But, when you heard your manager calling for you from outside, right away you answered "yes! I'm coming" while hurriedly brushing away your tears. The moment you turned around I saw your smiling face, so brilliant and beautiful that it was as if your tears were a lie. You really were just like an angel that day, I thought. "Ah... when the day comes for Mayu-chan to graduate, I want to make a light and beautiful feather dress that is like an angel walking," that was what I decided on my own.

Holding onto the same feelings as back then, as a designer, I was really happy to be able to make your graduation dress and hand it to you along with everyone's love.

There are only 2 more times I will be able to make new clothes for you, for the Japan Record Awards and for Kouhaku.

For the sake of Mayu-chan who brought so much love to AKB48, I will work hard to give you a beautiful exit, without leaving any regrets.

You are the member who taught me the joy of making costumes.

Mayu-chan, sotsugyou omedetou.

Shinobu :cry2:, you really love Mayu too, right? Thank you as well, you've really outdone yourself. I can't remember a time I loved every single costume for so long in a row.

To Mayu-san:

At the final interview of my audition, I was asked which member I admire the most. My answer was Watanabe Mayu.

Mayu-san was someone I looked up to since before I joined AKB, and even now my feelings haven't changed at all.

I joined Shinoda team A in the shuffle that followed Maeda-san's graduation. That was the first time I was in the same team as Mayu-san. Because you were always in team B, your move to A was surprising to both the members and the fans. At the same time, some of your generation mates were moved to sister groups in the shuffle, Mayu-san probably felt uneasy as well. In the new team A, many young members were gathered under the leadership of Shinoda-san and Takamina-san, and as the core members of the team, Mayu-san and I worked to build a new team together. Thinking back now, it was a wonderful memory.

Then after Shinoda-san's graduation, I was appointed the next team captain, and the team became Yokoyama A. It was my first time as team captain, and I worried whether I am up to the task. I was inspired to work hard by Mayu-san's gentle attitude to kouhai, and the way you strove to lead us forward as team A's center. The experience of working together with the members, taking their opinions into account to move the team forward, became a firm foundation for my later work as soukantoku. Mayu-san always told me back then with your shining smile, "Yokoyama A is a really great team!" Your words became like a protective charm to me.

Although I am generally a positive-thinking person and don't tend to worry too much, during the Request Hour concerts that took place soon after I became general manager, whether the MCs or other things, nothing was going well and I cried every day backstage and at home. Just then Mayu-san wrote on her Twitter, "The socks I borrowed from the costume department looked familiar. Turned out it was Saga perfecture's Happy Sonrisa. Saga aru aru. Good morning." Although people were probably really confused, Mayu-san, who rarely updates her social media accounts, posted the "aru aru" tagline I always used to cheer me up. Mayu-san would use little details like that to support the members, letting me know that many people are cheering me on. Along with support from other members, I was able to get through that time.

Although Mayu-san is not skilled at communicating with kouhai with words, you did criticize us once. That was during the Universal Studios Japan live. That left a tremendous impact on me. After that, staff told us that there were tickets left over for the USJ live. Mayu-san came over to tell me, "Yui-chan, let's go hand out the tickets." With the assistance of staff and friends, we were able to hand out the tickets and perform to a full house. Because of the hard work of our senpais, our theater performances were always sold out. We learned from the USJ live that we still have a ways to go. Mayu-san taught us how to face these situations.

When you selected young members for your graduation concert, you passed on your hope that they will carry AKB forward from now on. After many lessons where you scolded that "if you keep going on like this, you won't be able to stand on the stage", on the day of the final practice, we finally received the go-ahead from Mayu-san, "it'll be alright if it's like this."

"Do not be brought down by obstacles you face in reality, but keep facing forward and head towards your future," that was an important lesson Mayu-san taught me.

Many young members among Mayu-san's many kouhais from back then have now become core members of the group. As I said at your graduation concert, watching the back of Mayu-san who always believed in herself, we kouhai members walked together behind you to today. Your high self-awareness as an idol, your way of facing the public as a center, we would like to work hard to succeed your example.

The members that are here right now will work together to preserve the group and continue onwards. Our goal is to hold a concert at Tokyo Dome once more, each member in her own style, and to witness the view there once again along with the fans. I hope you will come to watch us once again as a wonderful actress. Although Mayu-san is going to graduate, please continue to support us and we will work hard to answer your support.

Mayu-san, truly, thank you for your hard work in these 11 years. Please take care of yourself from now on. And finally, please let me say this from my heart, and from the hearts of the fans, members and staff:

"Mayuyu no yume ga kanaimasu you ni" (Let Mayuyu's dream come true)

AKB48 General Manager, Yokoyama Yui
    So long, Yui, that was so long. I keep thinking the letter was almost done but it just keeps going. :cold: Thank you for a wonderful letter with so many memories. Omissions or errors in translation are all mine because dear god, was that letter ever so long.

And a little bit from me:

Dearest Mayu, thank you for the 8 years I was able to walk together with you. Today I thought about how fortunate I am to be your fan. You are so kind and thoughtful to us. I've never had to worry about you. 9 elections, you stood on that stage, smiled, and thanked us, no matter what your rank was (and how much your stomach hurt). I know you are always working hard and always will towards the goals you set for yourself. As a fan I can't help but worry for you, that you are getting enough opportunities and that your hard work would be rewarded. There are happy times and trying times, but you did everything that you wanted to do in AKB and lived your idol life the way you wanted. In the end, like Aki-p said in Anklet's lyrics, "it's your victory", isn't it? Because it's you, I'm sure you'll be alright. Congratulations, Mayu. I will keep on watching over you.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    @Breeze thank you for the translations. You are awesome (as always)

I wonder what happened during the USJ live. Reading Yuihan letter, makes me see a different side of Mayu, as an strong and caring senpai.

Mayu, thank you for all the memories :)

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    JiJiPress:

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    @Breeze Thank you for translating! Those letters made me tear up again. ;_;

I love hearing "behind the scenes" stories about Mayu – about things we don't get to see as fans. Makes you feel closer to her. <3

7. alice141

alice141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    @Breeze hey hello Thank you for the letter!!! Can I use your translation to translate it into Spanish and share it? of course I will give you the credit

8. Fernando

Fernando Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    My perfect idol :'')
    Thanks for all

9. Breeze

Breeze Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    @alice141 Of course. I do the translations so more people can get to know Mayu better. ;)

Speaking of which, summary of Mayuki's last team B backstage commentary under the cut. Someone kindly posted the raw video a few pages ago. It shall be immortalized as the only video where Mayu tried to pull down Yuki's pants. Twice.

• Yuki started by asking Mayu how was the stage. Mayu said she thought "ah, it's over." No strong emotions because the graduation stage was upcoming.
    • Yuki said she probably won't do many backstage commentary after this because there won't be anyone she can talk to. Mayu: "how about by yourself?" Yuki: "eh?!!"
    • Mayu then showed Yuki her left hand. Mama-rin immediately asked "did you hurt yourself?" Right after that she somehow figured out Mayu was trying to do a pig shaped hand shadow. (TL: Yuki you are amazing, that did not look anything like a pig. I used to do hand shadows all the time when we lost power in the house when I was a kid and I didn't recognize it at all.)
    • Yuki: "the atmosphere of this last one is too weird." Mayu then sank down to the floor and did a 360 degree turn while squatting. Yuki in full Mama-rin mode kept up a stream of "don't show your back to the camera, do it properly" etc.
    • Cue attempt #1 to pull Yuki's pants down :shifty:
    • For the rest of the commentary both were sitting on the floor. Yuki: "it's like we are in jail."
    • Yuki: "the fans probably turned this off already." Mayu: "you people who turned off the video, turn it back on." Yuki: "they can't hear you if they are already not watching."
    • There's actually several cuts in the video because these two were taking forever. Yuki finally pointed out all the kouhai waiting off camera for them to finish their prison play so they can take photos with Mayu. :hehe:
    • Mayu: "Nako-chan~! So many cute babies today! Kururun!"
    • Mayu freeze frame for almost 40 seconds. Yuki: "scary scary scary... I'm gonna leave, you are going to be by yourself... you are the most baby-like one you know"
    • Mayu then fell to the floor... and I have no words to describe her next movements. Just watch the video. Baby monomane :huh:
    • Yuki finally convinced Mayu to get up and leave. Cue attempt #2 to pull Yuki's pants down.
    • Yuki: "aren't I a real professional? If I didn't turn around you really would have pulled my pants down." Mayu: "that's fine. that's fine." Yuki: "let's go~" Mayu: "show them your panties!" Yuki: "not gonna! they're going to cut everything anyway you know?"

10. DEVON

DEVON Kenkyuusei

Thank u very much @Breeze. Your translation help us foreign fan to us to understand more about mayu. Never thought that tweet was about yui. Mayu is usj scene is really wonderful senpai moment. It was so touching that she like to work behind the scene for her kouhai & akb group. Hopefully akb will perform in Tokyo dome again with the kouhai that she selected.
    Lol yukirin able to facing mayu dorky & childish attitude.

11. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    some mayuki FMV for the night

Mayukirin : give me a memory

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  12. alice141

alice141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
  13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Mayu during Nogi's acceptance speech at the Japan Record Awards. Look at that proud mama look, y'all. :blush:

2017-12-30 (5).png 2017-12-30 (6).png

14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Today is Mayuyu final activity as an AKB48 Member (At January 1, 2018, Mayuyu will officially be known as a Former AKB48 Member).

lol Indeed (Probably disappointed that AKB48 lost, but still happy bc Nogizaka46 won).

16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    If there is no Mayuzaka46's song about not having twintail again, I might explore N46 much later.

What a way to close 2017. Having Mayu to perform with AKB48.

Happy new year everyone, it was a great adventure being AKB48's Mayu Watanabe fans.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  17. boss

boss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Happy New Year guys

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Same to you two as well (Hell of a ride we had, Still remember this thread when she won SSK).

Wish @YKT was still here though, Miss her, anybody know what happen to her?

19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Now that you mention it, any news about the legendary @YKT? She suddenly disappeared here and on twitter. She played a major role in making Mayu my Kami-oshi. I need to thank her also.

I remember how it was back in SSK 2014, I was just started into AKB after accidentally watching AKBINGO on youtube and dailymotion around the end of 2013 (who can forgot Mayuyuroid's Hikaru Monotachi), when the second rank will be announced and I was like "please HKT...please HKT....." and then exploded in joy after hearing the letter H (not that I have anything against Sasshi, but...you know...fanboy) :lol: I think that was the highest point as AKB48 Mayu's fan.

And then, feeling failed as a fan when the following year she falls to third place. To be honest, on the following years there was never a campaign as good as in 2014 with the topic "we don't want to see Mayu's tears again".

Anyway...Yayyy for anklet ranked first in NHK Kouhaku. So we have Mayu center to close the performance :1st::)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

We did it guys, 11-Gatsu no Anklet got 1st Place, Happy as hell right now.