What did you eat today? (READ THE FIRST POST!)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Nessy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

Like the title says--what'd you eat? (&drink, besides water?) :D

Also, if you have any recipes you want to share or a recipe you want to request, I think that kind of thing would fit here too~

I had a delicious cup of coffee with hazelnut milk & a grapefruit & a pear for breakfast...then an odwalla smooth superfood juice for a morning snack, because they are delicious & super cheap right around my school's area.
    For lunch, I have a two tier bento box, so in one compartment I had blueberries & grapes, in another I had hazelnuts & dark chocolate covered edamame, in the third I had cooked spinach, and in the biggest compartment I had a salad with lettuce, raw spinach, tofu, walnuts, and avocado. I also had a crunchy peanut butter sandwich on this amazing bread I found that is sweetened with malt and honey. For an afternoon snack I had an apple and the other half of the avocado I chopped up for my salad. :D Then I bought a dark chocolate truffle on the way home because it was only fourty cents & it was delicious. (I love snacks. x_x)
    My dad fried tofu with Paul Prudomme's meat magic spices on it for dinner, and it was alright but it would have been better if it was actually meat. (My mom's going through a vegan phase right now, which is why there's so much tofu & edamame & milk substitutes floating around my meals...) We also had boiled broccoli & raw tomato slices. For dessert I had more dark chocolate. ~<3
    Then I had a cup of pomogranate white tea and a cup of mint tea for before-bedtime snacks. n_n

I'm actually about to go make my lunch for tomorrow, too. I love food. ;0;

A rule for this thread - Once you post here, you are only allowed to post again after 5 replies/posts are made by other people! This means no posting after every other person for the sake of raising your post count (no matter how fun it is for you too), or whatever intention you have. Anyone seen breaking this rule will be warned by a Staff member!

2. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

ah...i was thinking of a Food Thread...someone finally created one...nice!

i ate spaghetti for dinner! :D

3. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Today, I had a muller corner yoghurt for breakfast, with a pepparoni and sausage roll because I'm a fatty like that (they needed to be eaten). Missed lunch, had a frijj milkshake. Had pasta carbonara for dinner, washed it down with some pepsi (it was on offer, I prefer coke). Grabbed a muffin and some pure orange juice a few minutes ago, and I shant be eating until I go to bed, which should hopefully be within the next few minutes.

I drink water throughout the day.

4. ShinN

ShinN Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    this is a interesting topic....
    i have a donat, a apple, and 2 potatoes for my breakfast today.....

5. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

I never eat that much, even though I love food. As for today, it's been... three chicken strips. I've been up about nine hours. *fail*

Now I have to go make something tasty for myself... XD

6. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Well, the last thing I ate was one of those Super Stuff Turkey BLT sandwiches from Subway. It was okay.

By the way, I have a feeling this'll be another one of those spamming threads. Therefore, I motion we enforce that rule where people don't post again until at least five other people posted something.

Edit: Can we also post or request recipes on this thread? Because I'm looking for a tasty and filling ramen recipe on a budget. Any suggestions?

7. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

Hmmm... I ate toasted bread... With double choco jam on it... fot my breakfast ^^

But until now, i haven't eat anything....

I'm starving.... T.T

8. ShinN

ShinN Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    i just ate red rice with vegetable and many vegetarian foods for my lunch...
    actually i'm a vegetarian...

9. dynamite

dynamite Kenkyuusei

Toast with peanut butter for breakfast, Pasta for lunch, and baked chicken for dinner.
    pretty boring. My stomach just grumbled, have to eat again.

10. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

I made "Tonkotsu Ramen" for my dinner.

11. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Tres Leches Cheesecake from Cheesecake factory... It was goood.

12. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Ham sandwich with mustard for lunch.

I love putting mustard on a lot of things B-)

13. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

This morning I made a sandwich with rye bread (with sunflower seeds), filet américain and some diced onions. Filet américain is a sandwich dressing similar to steak tartare,

[​IMG]

but the egg, capers and seasoning are already mixed with the meat. It's apparently very much a regional thing, so why it's called filet américain is a mystery to me.

I also had a yoghurt drink with mango and passion fruit flavor and a bottle of Yakult (Light). It seems like every food-related product here has to have a light or diet variety these days. I understand for things like sodas, but diet health drinks make me roll my eyes.

I don't usually eat much for lunch, just some fruit. I had some white grapes just now.

14. ahounokotoba

ahounokotoba Kenkyuusei

Today for breakfast I ate my selfmade omelette with ketchup
    For lunch I ate "lotek" some kind of salad originated from Central Java. It`s so Yummy :D
    n for dinner I`m planning nothing :D I`m still full :D

Happy yay!!! :D

15. CDevil

CDevil Member

I haven't had breakfast for several weeks because I've been waking up too late, so today I just had one of those cheap and fattening (but also buttery and tasty) croissants that you get at Costco for like £1 per pack of 20. I then had 2 small Kinder chocolates, and I finished with a single grape (I would have eaten more grapes but they looked like mutant grapes so I left them). I'm about to eat a packet of Hula hoops, and I shall report back when I'm done.

16. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

today's breakfast: -
    today's lunch: -
    today's dinner: a bread and a glass of milk

i lose my appetite nowadays.

17. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ WTF? Are you preparing to go to jail? :p

Today, for breakfast I ate 2 crossanwiches from McD's (Mmm...greasy), planning to eat nothing for lunch, and scrounging up anything at home for dinner when I get out of work. At my house, I usually eat rice with (insert item) for almost every meal.

18. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I think that sounds fitting, I'll edit the first post. :)

As for a ramen recipe...this how I usually make mine:
    (measurements are approximate because I don't really use measuring spoons or anything, I just sort of go by what feels about proper)
    VEGETABLE FRIED NOODLES! (with ramen)
    Ingrediants:
    -One package of ramen (I prefer maruchan brand)
    -About one sixth of a green bellpepper, diced
    -About one twelveth of an onion, diced
    -About ten brocolli stems, diced (I only use the stems, although I suppose adding in the tops wouldn't hurt anything)
    -About equal to the amount of the onion...diced zucchini
    -Sometimes I add some eggplant, too
    -One clove of garlic, minced
    -Powdered (or fresh, if you have it) ginger
    -Perhaps some dried parsley bits?
    -Vinegar
    -Soy sauce
    -Oil (canola or similar)

So you cook the ramen like you normally would, (although I usually use miso instead of the flavoring package it comes with--doesn't really matter, though,) then drain it & put it to the side. (It's important to drain it, because if it sits in the water it gets soggy & overcooked & gross.) Then put some oil in a large frying pan (or similar) and put in all of the vegetables except the garlic. You always want to add garlic last, because it burns soo easily & by the time it's ruined, the rest isn't even cooked & you're screwed. (Also, if you're using eggplant, put that in first for a bit, because it takes the longest. If you like your zucchini soft, put that in earlier, too. [I like mine sort of crunchy, though.])
    Add a bit of vinegar (I want to say half a teaspoon? I just dump in a tad, you'll know what feels right after a few tries) & a bit of soysauce (be very careful with the soysauce, because it's really easy to add too much and ruin everything) & a dash of ginger & the parsley bits, if you use them.
    Stirfry all of that until the vegetables seem mostly cooked, then dump in the noodles. Add a little more vinegar, a little more soysauce, (this is why you want to be especially careful about these two when you add them in the first place, because you really don't want too much) and a little more ginger (you can never have enough ginger, though~<3) Add the garlic. Stirfry for just a tiny bit longer, just enough to get everything mixed together well, then put on a plate & eat~

Another thing I think is really tasty is frying up ramen with an egg, but I like the vegetable one better.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention. I usually put spinach and edamame in it, too. The exact vegetable choices are really up to you, though. :)

19. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Yet to eat today, but I don't imagine it's going to be much this morning. Feeling too lazy to make anything for myself today. Toast perhaps.

20. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Wow, thanks for the recipe, Nessy! I'll give it try hopefully sometime soon!

And as for what I've eaten and drunk so far...
    Breakfast = watermelon slices and water
    Lunch = chicken chow fun and almond milk bubble tea
    Dessert = OREO dream brownie and tall vanilla latte frapaccino (both from Starbucks)

I doubt I'll be eating dinner tonight, but if by chance I do I'll make the edit on this post.