What if your oshimen was transferred to SDN48 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Aug 28, 2010.

?

Would you like that your oshimen was transferred from AKB48/SKE48 to SDN48?

1. Impossible, she's too young

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. My oshimen IS already in SDN48

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No, for God's sake...!!!

18 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. I prefer not

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  5. I don't mind if she is in AKB, SKE or SDN

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. Yes, pleassssse...!!!

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. I would be glad

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

A new poll. Imagine that, when you log in tomorrow, the first post you read is 'X has been transferred today from AKB48/SKE48 to SDN48' where X is your oshimen (Acchan, Tomochin, Yuuko, ...). Would you like that?

2. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I voted "My oshimen is already in SDN48", for Meetan, but Akicha is pretty much equal so for her I would vote "I prefer not". I love SDN, but doesn't mean I'd want Akicha to be in there.

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'd really prefer it if she wasn't added to SDN, since we can't even see the stages, and SDN doesn't do as much as AKB, anyway...

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

"I prefer not". I think that AKB48 suits my oshimen better than SDN48

5. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

I prefer not,cuz im "1 group 1 oshi "type, and I have oshi in sdn alredy. :)

6. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    I'll follow my oshi wherever she goes :)

7. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I don't feel like my oshi would suit sdn48 at all...plus she's not close to any of the girls that moved and she's already kinda emo and lonely at times.

8. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I'd rather Sakiko stay in AKB-- I mean, her BFF is on the same Team as her & everything. However, I wouldn't say I'm opposed to the idea. I can definitely see Sakiko struttin' her stuff in SDN. I mean, if Haruchan can do it, Sakiko can.

9. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    This. It's hard enough for foreign fans to see AKB girls, let alone SDN...

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I felt it was the perfect situation for Meetan (my oshimen) even before she came to terms with it herself. The Budokan shuffles showed that AKB was about to go through some major changes. And let's face it, Meetan (along with Nonti and CinDy) were getting a bit old for AKB. So SDN was the perfect vehicle for them to stay in the AKB family, instead of their inevitable graduations. At the end of the day, I think Meetan is perfectly placed in SDN. It is more her speed as an idol anyway.

Now she is in Horipro. Doing more and more acting, which is really her strong suit. I couldn't be happier for the way things worked out for her. And I think if you asked Ohori herself, she would probably say the same thing now. Even if she didn't initially feel that way.

EDIT: I don't think it's fair to point out the lack of exposure to foreign fans. Obviously there is more exposure to those who are in Japan (or have visited Japan and have seen SDN perform). Management has taken a year to develop the group, and now they are beginning to push the group more. I trust the process. AkiP wouldn't have created SDN if he didn't have a long term plan for success.

11. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Regardless if they're pushing the group more, it's still hard to see them right now, so I still wouldn't want my favorite in SDN.

12. yuzuko

yuzuko Kenkyuusei

No that's impossible, Mayuyu's only 16 and everyone in SDN's over 20...but I don't think I would mind...

13. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^ Aw hell another Mayuyu fan posted before me. :D

1) Mayuyu's too young
    2) Iiiii don't think that'd work even if she was old enough.

But if somehow it happened, I'd be pretty pissed.

14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    If Asuka went to SDN:
    - the group may get a little more popular.
    - I'd get to see blog posts by Megumi constantly harrassing Asuka.
    - I'd have to pick a new AKB oshimen, most likely Misato, Takahashi, Amina, Rina or Miku.
    - I'd be ok with it, either way.

15. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I picked 'I prefer not.'

I love SDN to pieces, but I think Natsuki has a little bit of time left in AKB, even though now she's eligible to transfer.

16. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i'm surprised how many people are against the idea D=

i really want the girls that actually fit in SDN end up transferring there instead of graduating. but well, Kohara and Serina are amazing for SDN and they are nothing like the sexy group image anyway so everyone is ok lol

my oshimen is too young and popular to transfer to sdn XD. we all know the senbatsu girls would graduate instead of join sdn (as amazing as mariko would be in SDN its more than obvious that that just wont happen =()

for my akb oshimens, i would love to see all of them there in the future. girls like Kana or Nacchi would be greatly benefited imo

17. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

No, for God's sake...!!!

It is better to see my Oshimen (haachan or Umechan) gradute than join SDN

18. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yeah, but the question was how would WE feel, not how would the Japanese feel, or how the girls would feel. It might be selfish but that's what we were asked. I'd prefer the girls to remain in the 48 group with SDN than vanish forever, and I'm sure different and new opportunities would arise and I'd still support them, but since this is 'my choice' I'd naturally want to see them as much as possible, in AKB48.

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Maybe I'm just reading into this....

But I just find it sad that there seems to be a lot of resistance to SDN48 in this thread. I think that much of it is due to the lack of SDN info available to those that have never seen them in person. SDN48 is a really great group, and if you ever took the time to see them in person I think some of these opinions might change.

Also, I find some of the opinions to be quite "elitist". I'm not sure if that is the best adjective for it, but whatever. It is as if SDN is some sort of "step down" for an AKB idol. I find that thought process a bit sad.

I could say a bit more on the subject, but I don't want to start a flamewar or anything like that. So I will just say that I love SDN48, and I invite you to go see what they are really about before you classify them as some sort of 2nd class idol organization.

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I think you can see the question as simple or deep, it depends on how much you look into it.

But I don't know about anyone else but I don't know that much about SDN48 or their performances not by choice but because they've never given me a way to watch them. I can't afford to go to Japan to see them so without any LODs or DVD releases that I know of I can't judge them.

Also it's natural for people to not be as interested in something that they don't have access to. We've seen it so many times, people (in general) weren't interested in Team B because it was usually only A/K girls getting on TV, until LODs came out and suddenly we got to see the Team B girls at their best and they gained a lot of fans. Same with SKE48, and now we're seeing it again with NMB48 because we know nothing.

And I think the fact that a lot of votes are probably from people with oshimen who are relatively young so they can't really imagine the girl being in with a group who, rightly or wrongly, is basically known as the "older women who are all sexy and adult". I mean the "adults only show" still equals "lapdance and strip show" for people who've only heard vague descriptions of SDN48. Maybe everyone in Japan and the people who have had the chance to see them live can judge them differently, but we can only judge them based on what the internet spoon-feeds us.