Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Jurina´s thread is gone :eek:. Woahh, what happened, I hope it isn´t lost forever, it would be too sad if this is true.
    @ithebigc. I hope it will be resolved and that the information in the threads isn´t lost forever as I said. Good luck!!.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Just a suggestion for mods when it comes to graduated members threads, wouldn't it make more sense to write their generation in the title rather than teams? Teams change a lot through a member's career so it's not really representative of their past as member... writing their gen would make more sense, probably.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    But what group do you put the thread in? Sae is 2nd generation AKB, but she graduated from SKE. Yuria is 3rd gen SKE, but I doubt she will graduate there.

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@sscrla Mm yes that would be an issue... but actually I don't feel like having their teams in the titles is useful since the teams change a lot through a member's career (for most members). Maybe the best solution then would be to just have "Graduated" before their name...

5. ABF48

ABF48 Member

• Being rude gets you nowhere, only a warning.
    MOD PLEASE GET YOUR ASS ON WORK AND FIX THE MISSING THREAD OF TEAM S MEMBER.

ITS BEEN 84YEARS FOR FUCK SAKE!!!

one day or two days i can tolerate but its alrdy 4-going-to-5 days, pls hurry and fix the thread !!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    I'm not sure they can "fix" the problem since the lost data maybe can't be restored but an update would be useful

7. ABF48

ABF48 Member

kinda knew that too, and already be prepared for that.

ikr, this actually what i want. at least they should give us an update.. but its been 5days and still no update, what are they doing really ?

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Personally, I would just let them create a temporary thread and merge it if the original thread can be restored.

9. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I dont think the data lost, if u see the team s index it still have 27 thread and 3k post, it seems somehow the thread got hidden and thus cant be see

10. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    Actually, there should be around 8k posts and at least 34 threads in team S

11. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Hmm, then this sound bad, i didnt count the 27 thread included ske gallery thread before, so the missing thread could be gone forever :( , hope it didnt

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

What is actually useful in the threads that disappeared? Real talk. How often do you actually go back and look at the conversations from weeks, months or years ago? As far as I've seen, people only reply to posts that happened in the last few days at most.
    Was anything of value truly lost?

13. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Hmm,memories ? :^^;:
    I dont really mind though, it just a pity if all the post gone, there some useful link, rare photo, some video, ah and some translation and well the thread are nice start for new fans to know their oshi and i doubt its useful if blank [hehe]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Silenka Actually I think it's useful. Like for new fans who want to learn about the past of a member, of course they could read her wiki48 page, but reading informations like that is not the same as reading past discussions/news about members, some threads are very well updated, with photos, discussions, news and more, not to forget it's possible that some people posted translations here. I'm not fluent in japanese but I've tried doing translations for some members and I've only posted them here, I would be annoyed if they end up deleted when they could be useful if any new fan is curious to know about the past of a member.

Anyway, if those team S members thread have been deleted for real, it's kinda sad if everything is lost, I guess there would be no choice but starting over :/

15. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    If you're trying to get us to respond to something, being rude won't help your case. Since I'm in a particularly bad mood right now, I'm issuing a warning to your account :gavel: If all you wanted was an update, you could've simply tweeted at us or asked someone to tweet at us, which is how we found out about the problem so quickly in the first place.

Anyway, here's what happened/is happening. Immediately after the problem was reported, I checked the logs to find out what had happened. The account that deleted the threads was @Afro_Stud's. The strange thing was that the IP address was 125.160.226.102, an Indonesian IP address. Afro_Stud is not Indonesian, so fearing the worst I immediately revoked most permissions granted to him as a moderator. He can still read the forum and post, but that's about it.

I then messaged Afro_Stud hoping to get an explanation of what happened and ask whether he's still in control of his own account, as well as @Mr Waffle to see whether he would be able to restore specific threads from the regular backups we have of the forum. That was all done within hours after it was first reported and all the other staff were informed to safeguard their accounts too. Sadly, neither Afro_Stud nor Mr Waffle have responded to me, which is what we've been waiting a few days for. I was trying to get a more fully informed answer to give you all, but that's all I know for now.

The current plans for the missing threads is this. I'll be creating new threads for each of the girls that had theirs deleted today, once I get home. Once I do that, you all can resume posting in those new threads. If Mr Waffle responds and knows how to restore the old threads without doing a rollback of the forum, we'll then merge the new threads with the old. If the old threads can't be restored, then we'll have to use the new threads from now on as it's something completely out of my power. The staff will continue handling the problem with Afro_Stud's account internally afterwards, but we apologize for this loss of data.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  16. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

@ithebigc, @Cristafari, @ForrestFuller

This suggestion is two folds. I can understand the creation of new threads are important for the immediate discussions, but too often I haven seen them opened without a proper OP. This isn't a problem for single's threads but for new members or events threads this is really bare boned and uninformative. Most importantly please keep them updated.

example:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-45th-single-senbatsu-sousenkyo-16-6-18.14617/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/tsukiashi-amane-amane.15956/

For threads I think these should be the templates:
    For Event threads: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/41st-single-senbatsu-sousenkyo-june-6-2015.9068/
    For new member threads: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/nojima-kano-kanochan.16253/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For official announcement post, can we mandate that names to be written as family Name first then their individual name. AKB48G entertainment is predominately shown in Japanese where naming conventions are the opposite of that of the west. For those who are veteran watchers, I think using the individual name first creates a rather immersion breaking dissanounce. For new fans, they have to turn the names back in order to figure which member was being refering to. It would be easier for new fans to learn these names if we can make the learning smoother by matching their romanized names with the way their names are read on televsion. But most importantly, it would be respectful if we can at least observe the most basic of Japanse customs.

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Gotta agree here, this should be a standard. For people who are used to seeing Japanese names it's incredibly weird to see them the wrong way around. Flipping them to match Western convention happens somewhat often here on the forum and I don't understand why people feel the need to do so. It is a really small thing but despite that it's always an "um...woah, what" moment when I come across it.

18. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @ithebigc Woow so that is what happened, is very strange indeed. I can´t believe some people can be so mean and delete threads.
    Is really sad for the fans who worked for the threads. Not sure exactly about which threads were deleted, but in Jurina´s case is really sad if all is lost, because she joined when she was 11 years old and her thread had so many pages. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this. Cheer up!!!.

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    @Elementaljyt

I pretty much agree with everything you said, which is why I actually made it a rule when we revised the rules last year
    It's also why I said I'll personally restart the threads myself, because I wanted it done "right," even if it does take more time than just slapping the members' pictures on and calling it a day. People can look at the examples by staff and model their own OPs after them. The Kanochan one I created and you linked is a good example of a member thread OP, here's an example of a single thread OP: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/single-hkt48-2nd-melon-juice-2013-09-04.6430/. Depending on who starts the thread, I'm sure there will be several small differences, but ideally it should contain all the pertinent information in a format pleasing to the eye.

That said, this is a hard rule to enforce. We're certainly not going to punish anyone that creates a bare-bones OP, unless they do it on a consistent basis. The best solution I can think of now is having members either post in the thread themselves and tagging the OP creator, or simply PMing them asking them to add so and so if they think the OP is lacking some necessary information. As far as keeping them updated pass the initial smattering of news, that's harder and will also rely on the help of the community. It's like how the staff relies on everyone to remind us to move graduated members' threads; we simply can't keep track of everyone graduating, and the people starting threads probably can't keep track of every new update for every thread they created either, even if it is needed.

@Silenka

As far as naming convention, yeah, it should always be last name first. When talking about Japanese idols, seeing their first name and then their last is really weird, because literally no one refers to them that way. It's usually their last name alone, their first name alone, their nickname, or their full name w/ last name first. That is also something I hope the community can help with, because I don't really want people reporting every post that gets the order wrong, unless it's a consistent problem with that user. Just politely ask that user to flip the order back to the "right" way.

This should be fine, the thread URLs actually have unique numbers added after them, I don't think it'll cause any problems if we're able to restore the old threads later.

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I mostly just put the important info (Name, Birthday, Birthplace, Height, Bloodtype) since it is the important stuff, Never really put any of them other stuff (Like you see in the Nojima Kano) since I didn't feel it was important tbh. But will go back an edit my members threads I created and edit them (mostly the Last to First name on them, but will put the other stuff as well). Would like to see all of the other members threads OP being updated as well, I know alot of those people aren't here anymore, so that would have to be a mod/admin thing (Wonder if @ithebigc @Cristafari @rust @MurasakiSora would want to do that) I mean it would help some of the newbies here.