[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Is this really going to change anything though?

The only part that they didn't mention exactly how it was going is how many purchases/person is going to be accepted when one person buys them at an event. Aren't all 46/48g cds basically sold from their stores and in big music stores? So what is going to change?

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I don't get why people always think that there's some sort of hidden war between Oricon and AKB, because the boss has already said a long ago he doesn't have any issue with their marketing and has already expained that they only count up to 20 copies per person on their chart anyway, regardless of the artist.

Just to be clear, these changes only concern sales done at the event venue. Here's the full transcript of the rules, since the vagueness of that Facebook post can be misleading:

※イベント会場等における予約・即売実績について
    Regarding sales and reservations done at the event venue
    ・予約イベント等は商品の発売前3ヵ月以内に開催されたものとし、各対象商品は予約イベント開始時点で、発売予定日およびタイトル名(仮タイトルを含む)の情報が一般向けに解禁されているものとします(平成28年5月30日以降の発売作品より適用)。
    - About reservation events, it has to be held within three months before the release of the product, and the day of release of the target product and its title (or tentative title) must have been already announced at the moment the reservation event is held. (This rule is applied to all products released from May 30 2016)
    ・アーティスト稼働による、予約および即売イベント売上のランキングへの反映に関しては、社会通念で認められる範囲とし、1人あたりの購入枚数や商品内容・形態数等も鑑みて精査しております。
    - Regarding the report on the rankings of the number of copies sold at the sale or reservation event by the artist, examination will be done while also considering the number of copies purchased per person, the product's content and number of types, within a commonly accepted extent.
    注:以上は平成28年9月現在の内容で、状況の変化等により変更される場合があります。
    Note: the above is the content as of September 28 2016, and might be subject to changes depending on the variations of the situation.

I have no idea what these reservation events are, but when I google for it, I get announcements like this or this, or this. I can only assume they are events you can access by preordering the item right on the spot, at a time when the CD is yet to come out.
    AKB has never done anything like this, nor has it ever sold their CDs at their venues (whether handshake events or concerts), unlike tons of artists, seiyuu and underground groups. So on the contrary they'll be actually some of the few that will come out completely unaffected, once again, by these regulations.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I haven't followed AKB news closely lately.
    Does this 20 copies max per person rule apply to G48 theater edition sales/bookings?

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thanks, @Cisalpine88
    I kept reading the post over and over but I failed to see how that mattered to AKB lol

Yep.
    A person can buy 1000 copies in one go and Oricon will only count 20.

Which is why we get numbers so different from Oricon and Billboard (especially the pre-election single, which went over 2million according to Billboard).

5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Guess you could point to that as a reason why oricon sales are very important to AKB. When it goes far over 1mil, It means more different people are buying the single rather than one guy buying a million copies lol.

6. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Didn't know if this was mentioned here before but why did AKB, Nogi and Keyaki (guess all other groups too) changed their release day from wednesday to monday? Is there reason?

Sent with Tapatalk

7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I stop caring about Oricon after Beginner. :lol:

8. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Pick a card :^O^:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:asdfgh: ........ [hehe]

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Actually AKB did do some venue reservations for the past few singles with a bonus venue limited senbatsu photo at the handshake events but thats nothing significant tho

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Erm... what?

Nogizaka is releasing on November 9th. A Wednesday.
    AKB is releasing on November 16th. A Wednesday.
    Keyakizaka is releasing on November 30th. A Wednesday.

:confused::confused::confused:

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    @Trinu is right. Someone's not looking at the calendar carefully!

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That's a 2015 calendar, when those dates were Mondays. Because this year was a leap year, the dates move two days, not just one.

[52 x 7 = 364, one short of 365 and two short of 366]

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Under Girls Stage48 Donor

I'm cross posting this from SKE general thread because it is... interesting and probably can affect other AKB members.
    So this is pretty big as far as Jurina career advancement. According to this https://twitter.com/AKB48Shihainin/status/782232370573299712 , Jurina will move AKS to Irving.
    I think this is the first home grown talent or at least the first top home grown talent (she was basically managed specifically by SKE (Pythagoras had specific staff for managing all of SKE members until those staff are being transfered to AKS)) that joined another agency not because of graduation. Is this a special treatment for Jurina or other member can have the same chances (at least once they are popular enough)?
    The question is who is initiating the move? Is it Jurina or AKS is simply don't have enough resources to push a talent to the next level? Basically all of AKB old and current popular member is managed by another company. Those that are popular and managed by AKS seemed stuck in terms of their career (for example Jurina). So is this Jurina asking to move office or AKS simply do the sensible thing and let a talent agency do their job, especially since AKS is busy in terms of managing a lot of girls plus all of the 48G events. I'm hoping that someone like Tomu could transfer to another agency while still be an AKB member since obviously AKS won't push her anymore than what she get right now.

14. Mana

Mana Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

@Rurouni So Jurina has an agency now? Congrats! I honestly wonder why management doesn't let the girls join agencies anymore while they're in the group. It was good before, that's even the reason why we got subunits and solo careers for girls while they were in the group. it was more fun. A lot of girls (even the less popular ones) got agencies and solo activities, and better promo. Even now you can see some girls joining agencies and getting lots of jobs after graduation when those same girls had basically nothing while being in AKB. They should really let the members join agencies while they're in the group, like how it was before.

15. Rurouni

Do older gen member join an agency after they joined AKB or before they joined AKB? I was never paying attention to that. All I know is that all of the older gen member had their own agency and the newer gen usually need to graduate first then find an agency.

16. Mana

Mana Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

@Rurouni Older gens joined agencies after they joined AKB. I don't think AKB would accept any girl into the group if she already has an agency. From 1st gen to 10th gen (I think) the girls could join agencies after they joined AKB. After that, the girls can't join agencies anymore until after their graduations...

17. Rurouni

It felt like the the older gen immediately entered another agency after being accepted as an AKB member, which might be because AKS either didn't have the manpower or the expertise to manage the member them self (AKS probably busy managing AKB as a group considering how many stuff they need to do). But since 11th gen (2010), all the talents belong to AKS and none of them have joined another agency, thus I assume that since that time AKS probably decided to manage the girls them self. I believe the sister group members are all being managed by AKS (execpt for NMB of course, and for the transfer member and Churi). So basically this practice of letting a member to be managed by another agency after AKS have manage the said member for a very long time is kinda new. This is like AKS admitting that they don't have what it takes to push a member to the next level (to Paruru, Mayuyu, Sasshi level).

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it's more a matter of the agencies themelves ASKING the company (AKS) if they can manage a girl.

A member getting an agency was a pretty big deal, and I remember they even announced them in concerts like announce now shuffles and whatnot.

I think the market simply got a bit saturated with AKB and (big) agencies simply stopped scouting them.

Maybe that's why we've got all these Horror/Love series with lots of members?
    Might be AKS trying to showcase its talent as much as possible so the agencies pay attention to them again, so kudos to Jurina for finally getting one.

In the end, an agency's job is to look for work for its talents.
    If a girl is still a member of AKB, AKS will still get its share, since the more famous she gets, the more fans will want to spend on her. It's a win-win situation and AKS doesn't have to do all the work.

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Huh? plenty of girls joined agencies while they were in the group pre-2013. Even in SKE Matsui Rena and Takayanagi Akane joined agencies way back in 2012 long before Rena graduated and Churi is still in the group.

btw Irving is Nagao Mariya's agency so I'm not sure how big they are.

I'd guess AKS's attitude would be "why should agencies be making money from these girls when we could make it instead"

Correct. A HKT 4th gen member was dismissed from the group just days after being selected because it was discovered that she had been with another agency when she applied.

Nobody has ever come out and said that that is an official policy.

@Trinu You summed it up pretty well I think.

20. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    As for the earlier generations, it was mostly the popular members that has agencies. The last notable agency transfer I can remember is that of the 2012 Saitama Arena Concert, in which most of the 9th gen were assigned agencies. I think it was only around 2007 that the first generation get assigned their agencies.

In regards to agencies, its like the meeting of the minds. The girl needs to decided what her plans and dreams are and join an agency which has a experience or connection in that certain field of the industry to help her get jobs at those productions. However, the agency needs to assess if that certain girl has the potential and drive to succeed with their guidance.