TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

You have no reason to be sorry, and you have every right to post here. Just ignore the bullies.

Welcome to stage48 :). I haven't been here all that long myself, but I have been an AKB48 fan for a fair while. Feel free to ask any questions, and I hope we can all help answer them so you can get to know the AKB48 franchise (AKB48 is the original/main group, but it has several 'sister' groups which are under the same concept and participate together with AKB48 in many things). I see you have found the 'AKB Question and Answer' thread, which is a good start.
    Right now we don't have too many details on Produce48, so I am just as curious as you are :lol:. We don't know if it will be a more independent Korean concept, or if it will be more like the sister groups AKB48 already has (SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, MNL48, STU48 -they all end with '48'). But at least we are in the right thread should any new information be learned. Moderators will probably want you to be aware of the general rules, so I might as well give you the link: http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/ but you can always ask people. Glad to have you aboard, and ignore anyone who is rude to you simply because you were joining in the conversation :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. trxsh

trxsh Member

@NoxDWN err the majority of the people who have been conversing in this thread are fans of kpop..

even though some feel the need to talk about kpop as if they are ~educating~ everyone else (really they are just stating opinions).

But it's pretty expected that the people who have the most initial interest would be those who like both AKB and kpop to some extent.

anyway so yeah it seems there's still not much information apart from the facts they released such as participants being from current trainees with different nationalities and that there will be a theatre concept.

and I don't even know if this will be good or flop, I'm really just interested.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Wonder how their styling would be like. I feel like while the aesthetics of Kpop groups styling have gotten better, the styling has also gotten a bit too simple. Hope this group could keep those aesthetics while also being more flashy as well

Would also be nice to see how their visuals turn out like

Educting horse?

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Wasn’t there rumors that Sohye had outside lessons?
    Do you seriously don’t know or being sarcastic?

By the way, I doubt (highly) any 48G members will appear to train the trainees. The trainees will be even better than them LOL

I want costumes to be a mix between Kpop and Jpop. Kpop loves to use pre-made (mostly designer) clothes so if those clothes can be original, that would be amazing.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I really don’t, but it’s cool, never mind
    ————————

Crossing my fingers this gets covered

Loved the song & performance. It’s my first 48G song too

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I liked the clothes of IOI for Whatta Man, it was cool~ So I pray that their cordi' will have have a good sense of fashion

Concerning their music style it would be nice to have a mix between what Koreans and Japaneses love the most. We would get a cute girl group with a dynamic aura.
    So their sound would closer to songs like Get Flying, and Shinjuki No Adrenaline, rather than to songs like Iwake Maybe or KFC (even if I love all of them).

@Matsui Hikari
    I don't think so, maybe after the end of the show but not during the show. They don't have time and the staff take their phones so they can't communicate with people outside, I doubt they would them go in & out as they wish :/

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Riviere

Riviere Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I hope they cover 11gatsu no Anklet. The MV and the song is so beautiful

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
  9. Matsui Hikari

It has been said already previously, if I remember correctly. Unlike regular 48/46G auditions, it wouldn’t be open to the public. Girls have to be part of an existing company to apply.

10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    lmao

• Like Like x 2
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Better? The trainees have no perform experience. o_O And no one cares about talented plain girl. :gavel::gavel::gavel:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ Korean and Japanese system aren't the same, so yes their skills would be more polished

@BadIcecream I meant Flying Get >_< Its just that the title always bothered me

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Matsui Hikari

Perform experience means nothing. Practice and training is what counts. They are trained by their companies to become an idol. That includes vocal training and dance training. I know Fantagio even gives mentality lessons and sex Ed. In a sense, they are indeed better than 48/46G members in terms of skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    this is a difference between kpop and jpop fans. kpop fans care about technical skills. the performance doesn't really matter. jpop fans care about the performance and things like stage presence

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Matsui Hikari

And...if you're appealing to a Korean audience, they could care less about how many times you've performed but is still not good compared to someone that has never performed but is good.

By the way, I'm a Kpop and Jpop fan unlike some people here so I know the differences and what appeals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And here I was thinking that all that mattered in Kpop was that they’re hot.

Get Flying indeed!

17. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    ^Nope, just look at Wanna One lol

18. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    the interesting thing here is if this group is going to be based out of a theater, that's a different audience than your regular kpop fan. kpop idol fan doesn't really represent all of korea.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Btw I heard rumors that Bighit (BTS company) may potentially be the ones managing this group since their CEO & Aki-P were seen together at the BigHit office a few months back when Aki-P was in Korea

https://twitter.com/akb48up/status/902100036766617604?s=17

Would make sense considering while BigHit has a ton of money, they only have BTS. Plus the have no female trainees so they could put their effort into these girls if they end up being managed by them

20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    So that means Bighit would finally get over their trauma concerning girls ? wow money sure does a lot of things

On another note I realized something after reading the MXC48 thread (which btw is pretty much confirmed).

Aki-P is probably using SOL48 to prepare the 48group to extend outside of Asia.
    Kpop has a large fanbase in the west, the fans would do anything to promote their favs (just look at BTS, the fans are the ones getting them huge featurings), and to keep them on the top (mass streaming sessions of the music videos, of the songs,...) so gaining that type of stans would be quite useful to settle a successful sister group in the west.
    Also the choice of Mexico isn't a coincidence either, they do have a lot kpop fans, so using SOL48 to create MXC48 would be a smart move, it would literally open the door of the South American market. But not only, as you know the US have a huge spanish-speaking community so it might be useful if he ever wanted to enter the American market later (the European one being totally locked as for now).
    That's basically what Lee Soo Man has been trying to do with that NCT Latino Unit. The main difference being that he didn't realized he needed a huge Asian following first (which Aki-P has) to gather money & a reputation, so now he's planning on debuting a Vietnamese unit (since he can't debut a chinese one with the THAAD issue & NCT Japan being delayed).

I don't think we will get an official sister group with the first season of Produce 48 (I mean, only trainees from agencies can join ???) that just may be a test for Aki-P, but if it works out well he'll probably form a real sister group and prepare *dramatic voice* himself to take over the rest of the world~~~

EDIT:
    Here you have Lee Soo Man presenting NCT aka what I think Aki-P wants to do with AKB48 (@ 31:42)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2