AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Eh? Which girls have strabismus?

2. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    For example Ogino Yuka and Kojima Mako

3. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Strabismus is when the 2 eyeballs don't point in the same direction at the object the person is trying to look at. Mako and Ogiyuka do not have strabismus, it just looks that way due to their epicanthic folds (which many east asian people have). If you look at close up pics of their faces, the directions of their pupils are lined up just fine. Here, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudostrabismus

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Tzatziki, thanks for explanation!!:)

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    The only girl that I can remember that really looked strabic was Yagami Kumi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. greentoilet

greentoilet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I caught up with every 46 related so now I'm at 3-4 episodes a week which is meagre.

How do I get into akb48, what show do I watch first?
    I'm also interested in the other 48 groups if they are good at variety, that's mainly what I enjoy about this.

7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The easiest to find online would be "AKBingo!" I guess, and it's been going a long time now, so you will can see how the members (and the group) evolve(d).
    Bu I'm sure people can point you to other shows as well

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    The best AKB48 show is Akbingo. Here is a list of all the subbed episodes (I hope it is allowed to post the link).

Here are the other shows, though I'm not sure how updated the link is. Personally, I really enjoy SKE48 Ebi series (Ebi Friday Night, Ebisho, Ebi Calcio), though the show stopped running a few years ago, so it's all old episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I'd definitely recommend AKBINGO as well.
    As for other groups, I didn't watch all of it but HKT48 no Odekake is very good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    AKB AKBINGO, SKE Ebi series, NMB Geinin, HKT Odekake, NGT Niigata Furendo, STU Setobingo, Team 8 Bunbun Eito are the fundamentals for every group and they are all excellent in a completely different way

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I would also echo AKBINGO as a great familiarizing tool for AKB (and sometimes other groups when they come on as guests). AKB SHOW is also pretty good for skits and performance features. Though the Tentoumuchu subunit is no longer functional, their one-season variety show "Tentoumuchu no sekai wo muchuu ni sasemasu sengen" was amazing and nearly all of the members are still around. I highly recommend it if you like variety.

My favorite HKT show was Hyakkaten, and fortunately many of the featured members from the first and second seasons are still in the group so that's a great show for familiarizing yourself with HKT.

Unfortunately for SKE, the Ebi series (their best show) features a lot of members who are no longer in the group. But it's still entertaining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. greentoilet

greentoilet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    thanks for all the helpful answers! Noted them all down in my notepad. <3

13. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I've been wondering for a while, but how do you guys keep updated with the latest news?
    Especially when it comes to 48G in general.

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I read Yahoo Japan. The key is to read a few stories on the entertainment pages (エンタメ or 芸能), then follow AKB48 (they know what you read, so make suggestions accordingly). On your phone, it will be the left most tab (フォロー). On android, they have a translate feature, or you can use Chrome on a browser. A lot of the links are to the AKB48 official blog, but right now I also see NHK AKB48SHOW, Produce 48, SKE, King Records, Yuko and Kojiharu, and Takahashi Ayane.

Note: I use the app on Android and a web browser on my iPad and iMac.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Hi. Is someone here good at SDN48? They were about to disband when I come here so I have very hard to recognise them. I'm updating me own page about Revival Concert 2011 with names and other stuff. Now I'm stuck at Awajishima no Tamanegi. Who's performing it at that concert? What I think I have found so far is: Nachu, Kaida, Okouchi, Hosoda, ?, Oyama, Aikawa, ?, Imayoshi, ?. Am I right? 3 questionmarks as you can see. Somebody knows them? I also want them in the order they stand at the start. :)

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @gotbild

I was at the concert, but it was so long ago I don't remember the exact order they were standing. I assume it was the lineup from the original song, which should be on the tracklisting in the wiki.

As for the specific standing positions, unfortunately my DVD of the concert is in storage in America. But if someone has access to the DVD, they could probably take a look.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One more way to get entertainment news from Japan. I read the twitter accounts of ModelPress, MaiDiGiTV, and Oricon News. I also subscribe to the YT channels of JiJiPress, MaiDiGiTV, and Oricon. They are usually a day late (and cover so many other people), but you can find press conference videos, short stories on concerts, and Ricchan's latest au CM's.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmftTadLjDHBEWJ_Wdr0J-TX0I3mpar2x

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Cristafari The lineup was close but there are changes. Akiko was missing at the concert so she must be replaced by someone and so on. Some of the members are easy to recognise like Kaida Juri but other are more difficult. If I have the lineup it's more easy to watch them during the performance.

Edit: I can produce scans if it's necessary.
    More edit: I was wrong, Akiko was there.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  19. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Here are some vlcsnaps to freshen your memories. First the start lineup. I count the members from left to right, Nachu is #0. ;) #1 is Kaida Juri, no doubt.
    awa-1.jpg

Pic 2. Show #2 Okoucha Misa? and #3 Hosoda Miyuu?
    awa-2.jpg

Pic 3. #4 ?, #5 Oyama Aimi behind Nachu and #6 Akiko?Edit.
    awa-3.jpg

Pic 4. #7 ?, #8 Imayoshi Megumi? and #9?
    awa-4.jpg

It's hard to take good snapshots because they don't stand still.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  20. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

I also went through all the 46 content which led me into the 48 world. I started with AKB 1:59 Fun and 0:59 Fun which is just AKBingo before it got its real name.

The whole story and everything around AKB is pretty epic though and there's a lot to the story that you don't get from AKBingo in the same way Keyaki and Nogi have Keyakite and Nogidoko/Nogichuu. So I highly recommend watching stuff like the documentaries, the Kin Sma special, Mechaike AKB specials, getting some familiarity with the sousenkyos and how they affect the overall situation and such in a rough chronological order if possible. You'll likely have to use the torrents from aidoru-online if you're not already doing that and just streaming 46 stuff.

The whole history and experience is a lot different than the 46 groups(far more dramatic overall, different concept, very harsh world compared to something like Keyaki), but it helps give you a different perspective and puts the 46 groups in a whole new context knowing the trail that was blazed for them from AKB.