[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The next captain is Kotoko... This is the time for her to be shine, right? ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kazeka

Kazeka Kenkyuusei

3. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Ikuchan and Maiyan actually fits the most if the mentioned characteristics of a captain is needed. Though I can say Ikuchan fits more than Maiyan as Ikuchan seems to be someone who can be firm with her words.If inspiring then ofcourse she is someone the members could look up to. Despite her dorkiness and classy image, she has that certain aura which would make you follow whatever she says as a leader. If being responsible and professional, then she is I think the most perfect for that lol. Also I remember the staffs were amazed how she would be always on time. Overall, she would be that leader or captain who would be effective and would have the members listen to her when she talks. But unfortunately, her and Maiyan are really too busy right now, she can’t even attend Nogi scheds most of the time lol

4. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Over the years, Reika has said, in so many words, that she’d rather not have been the captain. She couldn’t live up to the expectations. I haven’t heard any interview where she’s changed her mind. Honestly, Nogizaka might feel more unified if it had a stronger leader. But as members have said, Reika’s ponkotsu leadership allowed them to feel more free and comfortable. The aces became the de facto leaders anyway. Reika herself knows this, as she immediately passed the mic to Maiyan when they won their Japan Record Award. I think people were discussing who’s caring toward other members because that’s the sort of space Reika has carved out as the “loved-by-everyone” captain, who runs alongside rather than ahead. A more vocal and visible captain would be welcome, but if not, the aces can continue to be the front of the group.

During the bad old days of Nogibingo 1, Ijiri asked, Who did not possess sufficient love for the Nogibingo program? Only three members raised their hand and got ‘punished’: Ikuta, who openly criticized the show; Nishino, who thought variety pranks were mean; and Captain Reika, who until that point had been no more vocal than any other member. It’s hard to know if she was really covering for others, or if she was just bolder. But in the big picture, I believe that’s one of the most important roles an idol captain can play (since the actual #1 calling shots is management). Hear members’ concerns and take the fire for voicing them out loud. Be an advocate for the group, vs management, fans, or even each other. When Nanamin made her graduation announcement, she named Reika as a member who was a great mental support to her, because she was honest and “did not deceive herself.” I’ve always had more respect for Reika after that. I hope she’s made peace with being captain. There’s more than one style of leadership.

The individual PVs have high and lows, but taking each member’s series as a whole, Reika’s PVs were my favorite. There’s a slice of life theme running through all of them; they’re about everyday beauty, everyday silliness, everyday regrets. It might be why Reika seems most like a “normal girl” out of the 1st gen to me, even more than Hoshino. Out of all the PVs, I remember simple moments from hers. The sound of her breathing, running towards the future in her first PV; the sound of her singing, lost forever to the past in her last PV; the sunlight and silence right before she confesses a love that doesn’t work out; two friends singing, hiding the depths of their love from each other.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I kind of feel like Reika was an (unexpected) best case scenario. With a group like Nogi, as you say, management makes the final decision all the time, every decision. If you have a captain who's strong, vocal, and visible, and most of all individualistic, you run a big risk of just having another big personality in the team for no real purpose. I've put this forward in another comment as well, but Maiyan also was rather chill and relaxed behind the scenes, so I think it was similar to the Reika effect. You have two members who have a certain stamp of approval from management and both are chill. Imagine if both of them were hard-nosed and feisty. A lot of other members might feel like they can't breathe, or conflicts would simply arise between members with no solutions. But why stress out over things like that among members when management makes the final decisions anyway? Constructive argument and debate among team members can be good or necessary in some situations, but with Nogi, I think it's just wasted energy and a source of stress. The morale support that a character like Reika can provide (like your Nogibingo example) is more important than being like a loud coxswain or drill sergeant.

Yeah, I agree that one of the captain's official roles is probably about communicating between the members as a whole and management. Like the representative of the members. Sometimes, the members may want to say something to management, so they might tell Reika first, and Reika explains it to management. Sometimes, management may want to say something to the members, so they might tell Reika first, and Reika explains it to the members. Which means sometimes taking one for the team and standing up to management about something, or taking one for the other team and telling members that something they want isn't possible. A reliable but soft/gentle character is good for this IMO. When it's someone too hard-nosed, it can start to get awkward and abrasive in bad scenarios. This part of the role isn't about accomplishing duties but about diplomacy and communicating and getting people to get along with each other.

I remember Nanamin mentioned both Reika and Ikuta? Ikuchan would be good, too, but is probably just too busy. (She was right about Nogibingo, too :D)

I give credit to both Reika and Maiyan for allowing the group to have created its chemistry, and that chemistry has allowed something like Nogisatsu to be such a crazy success. I wonder if the success of Nogisatsu could have been possible with a captain that had a much stronger personality (as you might suspect, I believe it wouldn't have been).

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ShinCity82

ShinCity82 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hoshinominami
    Twitter:
    shincity82
    with possibility that young member will be stay at the group much longer, I prefer next gen member to get captain position. But, not with 3rd or 4th gen because their experience still not high enough and I'm not sure they can lead their 1st and 2nd generation senpai's.

well, I couldn't deny that sevaral 3rd gen and 4th gen is more popular than several senpai's from 1st and 2nd gen, but I don't thing it just about popular among fans but also well know and care about each other.

7. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

(It seems to be unofficial )
    Nogi just announced two days overseas live in Shanghai
    -seems Maiyan is included for the overseas lineup
    - 3 4th gen is also added
    -oct 25-26 2019
    FB_IMG_1562959680217.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Is this official? It's really weird how the 4th gens were randomly included, and not in alphabetical order like the rest

9. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Is it true that Maiyan finally performs overseas for the first time since Japan Expo back in 2013 (or 2012 if I'm wrong)...?

11. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Dunno ; The lineup is a bit odd .
    Sora mato in twitter posted about it and then delete the post a few minutes later.

But I hope Maiyan would appear Overseas .

12. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Nogizaka46 x waraaa CM "Uchi no Kanojo wa, Saiko kayo!" will be renewed for Season 2, following is the CM series' new teaser:

13. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka

Still no Kii-chan:(

But, yay for Maaya

14. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Last time Maiyan performed overseas live is "2014" Japan Expo in Paris.

15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Sing Out! Ongaku no Hi.

• Like Like x 5
  16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    If not mistaken this series started for Mouse Computer? Uchi no Senpai wa Saiko kayo or something

17. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

They just performed Wink's "Samishii Nettaigyo". Classic!

I prefer Maimai and Naachan's

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Naachan's Pizza Hut commercials (with Ranze in one cameo) also used this theme.

I wonder how they've kept it going? They just tell each sponsor, "Yeah, we want to do this type of series", I guess? Because they always use the same music. I suppose Pizza Hut, Mouse Computer, and Sapporo Ramen (and any others I might've forgotten) are ok with being possibly semi-associated with each other?

19. windakhaty

windakhaty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    No it's not from mouse computer. But from instant noodles CF. The model before Asuka, Shiraishi, ikuta, Matsumura and nishiki... Nogizaka often promote this instant noodles behind their convert backstage with sayuringo as the shop owner... You can find their previous CF at YouTube...

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Nishiki who?

By the way, maybe the bargaining point was "Oh, you want our girls to promote your product? Then do this!", kind of thing.

The sponsors so far ain't competitors, so having them all associated to a same series can be advantageous.

Say people watched the pizza hut one, liked the series, then watch the MouseComp one to see more, eventhough got no interest about Mouse. Free marketing.